Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His flight is booked for Friday Evening.
Medical due Monday.
The players representative is currently in Belgium.

Is this out there in the media or are you getting this from somewhere else?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Some people on here are gonna be so disappointed when we loan him straight out.

I predict a meltdown.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I was just about to share the same. Here's the opening - well worth reading the rest...

Nothing stays secret for long in soccer. So thorough is the game’s hunt for talent and so desperate its thirst for players that no territory goes uncharted, no stone unturned, no prospect unobserved. Distance is no barrier. Remoteness is not a factor. The searchlight is so bright that there is no such thing, any more, as obscurity.

And so, over the course of the last year, the powerhouse clubs of Europe’s major leagues have been turning their attention to Sangolqui, a suburb to the south of the Ecuador’s capital, Quito. They have focused on a club that hardly uses its own tight, compact stadium, and on a teenage midfielder not yet two seasons into his senior career.

Moisés Caicedo would not have known it — not until recently — but his name has been playing on the lips of scouts and technical directors across Europe for months.

Few, if any, clubs from the old world have a dedicated scout for leagues like Ecuador’s. Instead, emerging players are spotted in South America's continental competitions — the Copa Libertadores and the Copa Sudamericana — or tracked through international youth tournaments.

When a player of interest is identified, members of the recruitment staff trawl through footage of his domestic displays, and the corresponding performance data, on platforms like Wyscout, InStat and Scout7. Only then, if the numbers add up, will scouts — either club employees or trusted freelancers in specific markets — be sent to watch the player in person.

An energetic and composed midfielder, Caicedo, now 19, passed every test. Manchester United’s South American scout alerted his employers to Caicedo’s ability. A.C. Milan found that the data and the assessment of their talent spotters tallied up. Club Bruges, the Belgian champion, noticed him, too. So did a phalanx of teams from England — Brighton and Chelsea among them. Nothing, after all, stays secret for long.

All, independently, determined that Caicedo was an interesting proposition. Many of them started making discreet enquiries, performing the due diligence on both the player and his club — Independiente del Valle — to work out how a deal might be done. And they all heard precisely the same warning: Finding Caicedo was the easy bit. Working out how, exactly, to sign him would be much more difficult.​

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I was just about to share the same. Here's the opening - well worth reading the rest...

Nothing stays secret for long in soccer. So thorough is the game’s hunt for talent and so desperate its thirst for players that no territory goes uncharted, no stone unturned, no prospect unobserved. Distance is no barrier. Remoteness is not a factor. The searchlight is so bright that there is no such thing, any more, as obscurity.

And so, over the course of the last year, the powerhouse clubs of Europe’s major leagues have been turning their attention to Sangolqui, a suburb to the south of the Ecuador’s capital, Quito. They have focused on a club that hardly uses its own tight, compact stadium, and on a teenage midfielder not yet two seasons into his senior career.

Moisés Caicedo would not have known it — not until recently — but his name has been playing on the lips of scouts and technical directors across Europe for months.

Few, if any, clubs from the old world have a dedicated scout for leagues like Ecuador’s. Instead, emerging players are spotted in South America's continental competitions — the Copa Libertadores and the Copa Sudamericana — or tracked through international youth tournaments.

When a player of interest is identified, members of the recruitment staff trawl through footage of his domestic displays, and the corresponding performance data, on platforms like Wyscout, InStat and Scout7. Only then, if the numbers add up, will scouts — either club employees or trusted freelancers in specific markets — be sent to watch the player in person.

An energetic and composed midfielder, Caicedo, now 19, passed every test. Manchester United’s South American scout alerted his employers to Caicedo’s ability. A.C. Milan found that the data and the assessment of their talent spotters tallied up. Club Bruges, the Belgian champion, noticed him, too. So did a phalanx of teams from England — Brighton and Chelsea among them. Nothing, after all, stays secret for long.

All, independently, determined that Caicedo was an interesting proposition. Many of them started making discreet enquiries, performing the due diligence on both the player and his club — Independiente del Valle — to work out how a deal might be done. And they all heard precisely the same warning: Finding Caicedo was the easy bit. Working out how, exactly, to sign him would be much more difficult.​

It's interesting that those original reports that the relationship we formed with the selling club, Independiente del Valle, and Caicedo's representatives in the Billy Arce transfer seem to be spot on. I love the implication that we are a step ahead of United and Milan in an area of the transfer market though, no one could've predicted that we'd ever get to the point that this was normal 15 years ago.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I believe that the whole Belgium loan thing came from a single disgruntled Manchester United supporter on Twitter which has then been repeated multiple times on this thread :lolol:

Work Permit sorted according to Naylor so the likelihood of him being loaned out is minimal.

[tweet]1352271286349803520[/tweet]

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looking promising, Can't imagine a professional club would go to all the trouble the Albion have without having some kind of pre signing agreement signed subject to medical etc?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We wouldn't be getting him a UK work permit - which it sounds like we are - if that was the case.

Is it a work permit or Visa though? Different sources are saying different things. The Argus for insrance say Morales held up a visa in the video. He'd obviously need a basic Visa to enter the country to sign. Big difference between those two documents.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I guess all will become clear in the next 10 days. If he is being loaned out he will have to go by then! With Moder already here we are fairly well stocked in this area so a loan maybe a good thing unless the management think he is so amazing he must be in the team immediately.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
His agent is in Belgium!

He can't physically come to the UK. If Belgium still has an open air corridor then maybe that's the closest he can get, or he's doing other deals there. Not saying it means a loan to Belgium will or won't happen just that his agent being there doesn't tell us anything.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
It's interesting that those original reports that the relationship we formed with the selling club, Independiente del Valle, and Caicedo's representatives in the Billy Arce transfer seem to be spot on. I love the implication that we are a step ahead of United and Milan in an area of the transfer market though, no one could've predicted that we'd ever get to the point that this was normal 15 years ago.

Yes, that was an excellent article. It also seems that the two clubs' philosophies are similar which will help with persuading their players to come to us. Given the huge cultural change a 19 yo Ecuadorian will face coming to England, knowing he's coming to a club that will look after and nurture him must be a massive plus point.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Obviously the biggest question is whether this thread can overtake Ali J's before the official club announcement. That could be the cause of the delay.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He can't physically come to the UK. If Belgium still has an open air corridor then maybe that's the closest he can get, or he's doing other deals there. Not saying it means a loan to Belgium will or won't happen just that his agent being there doesn't tell us anything.

Indeed - if he's our player (which seemingly he is) and we want to loan him out (which I don't believe we do, especially with a permit) wtf has his agent got to do with a loan deal? he wouldn't be involved as the contract with his parent club is all the agent is bothered about ... surely? it'd be our decision alone to send him where we wanted - presumably to a very decent level in our current destination of choice - Belgium. For me the agent part of this is totally irrelevant, if he's secured the contract with us, his job is done - until his players next permanent move or improved contract negotiation that is.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Indeed - if he's our player (which seemingly he is) and we want to loan him out (which I don't believe we do, especially with a permit) wtf has his agent got to do with a loan deal? he wouldn't be involved as the contract with his parent club is all the agent is bothered about ... surely? it'd be our decision alone to send him where we wanted - presumably to a very decent level in our current destination of choice - Belgium. For me the agent part of this is totally irrelevant, if he's secured the contract with us, his job is done - until his players next permanent move or improved contract negotiation that is.

I'd imagine the blood sucking agent will have his fingers in anything his guy does, if there's a loan fee, he'll get a cut of it for sure, that's just how agents are. Moreso, if he does actually have his players interests at heart, then he'll want to make sure any loan deal is in both of theirs interest, last thing he wants is his player signing for a 2nd division Belgium side if he wants him in the shop window for a mega money move to Man Utd, Spurs etc.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Or his agent could be sorting bits n bobs in Belgium in preperation for a loan move there. A place to live etc.

The fact is, none of us know. So nobody should be getting too excited at the moment. Personally, I think this is an excellent acquisition, wether we loan him out or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here