Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Ok, and back to your point on supermarkets, what do you suggest if Deliveroo doesn’t deliver to your area and you can’t get a delivery slot direct with the supermarket or you don’t have internet access?

Try Uber, Just eats, Stuart etc delivery. If none of them deliver to your area, then find out if any family or friends can order the food from their phones to their address, and if so, get them to drop it outside your front door. Lives saved.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Boris can only tell us to stay indoors and isolate as much as possible. It's down to us to follow these orders and unfortunately the majority aren't. Instead they're constantly slating him whilst they happily venture into things like Supermarkets, football stadiums and parks. I saw 2 people from my window jogging today on my street. Unbelievable how people are still refusing to exercise at home during times like this, but they excuse themselves by blaming it all on Boris. This is the problem. Time we start blaming ourselves more, after all, actions speak louder than words.

Well yes, there should be personal responsibility but there isn’t. That why we have leaders and police etc. To set boundaries and ENFORCE them.

One of the biggest factors in the failure of the U.K. to deal with Covid effectively is the lack of enforcement.
Every country that has has strict penalties and enforced them has done well overall.
No good letting everyone get on with it unchecked and then moaning that people haven’t stuck to the rules.
It is absolutely Boris’s responsibility to follow up on the laws he has made. 100%
People can’t be trusted.
If a class is unruly it’s the teachers failure. Same principal. People are ****ing idiots, they need taking in hand.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Okay then. Send them somewhere like a school building where they can catch and spread covid. Lets just continue to risks thousands of lives and blame Boris Johnson for it.
Is that you [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION]?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Boris can only tell us to stay indoors and isolate as much as possible. It's down to us to follow these orders and unfortunately the majority aren't. Instead they're constantly slating him whilst they happily venture into things like Supermarkets, football stadiums and parks. I saw 2 people from my window jogging today on my street. Unbelievable how people are still refusing to exercise at home during times like this, but they excuse themselves by blaming it all on Boris. This is the problem. Time we start blaming ourselves more, after all, actions speak louder than words.

What did you think of Cummings' trip to Barnard Castle?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The big issue with Supermarkets is no one way systems or quota controls like March. Deliveries should be for the vulnerable and (real) key workers. And delivery slots are rarer than rocking horse shit.

No. Delivery slots should also be for anyone reluctant to go in to a supermarket for fear of their life. Like me.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is it too difficult to ask for proof? My Employer gave me a letter in lockdown 1 proving Key Worker status in case I was challenged when going to work. The parents must have some proof of Employer.

This. I've had to send my youngest in but I'm only doing it Tue/Wed/Thursday when I'm not at home. I sent the school my key worker letter explaining what I do so there was no argument. I find out the pub landlords kid is there whose wife works at the pub.

WTAF?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The big issue with Supermarkets is no one way systems or quota controls like March. Deliveries should be for the vulnerable and (real) key workers. And delivery slots are rarer than rocking horse shit.

This. If you are physically able to get to a supermarket then better that than taking up delivery slots that could be allocated to those shielding.

What I would say is that this time round, seeing far fewer people without masks in Tesco Burgess Hill.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I live on my own. No point in ordering online, I'd never get through the minimum delivery before it went off. Much better that people in my circumstance go into shops and save slots for the elderly and infirmed. I pop in once every four days when I come off nights.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
People who judge others and then moan on Internet forums about people going about their business.

People who go to house parties or big group events are ‘COVIDIOTS’, not those going to a garden centre or meeting up in a park for a socially distanced chat, don’t judge others situations, for some that might be the only thing that keeps them going through this utter hell many lonely people are living.

I call 8 shirtless and maskless guys playing basketball all crowded around one net a blatant breach of COVID’s legal and moral rules, hence the thread and implied advice to avoid. I don’t care how lonely they might be.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Well yes, there should be personal responsibility but there isn’t. That why we have leaders and police etc. To set boundaries and ENFORCE them.

One of the biggest factors in the failure of the U.K. to deal with Covid effectively is the lack of enforcement.
Every country that has has strict penalties and enforced them has done well overall.
No good letting everyone get on with it unchecked and then moaning that people haven’t stuck to the rules.
It is absolutely Boris’s responsibility to follow up on the laws he has made. 100%
People can’t be trusted.
If a class is unruly it’s the teachers failure. Same principal. People are ****ing idiots, they need taking in hand.

I agree with your point.

There is only one solution to this. The armed forces patrolling the streets. Its such an obvious thing we should have implied years ago to maintain order. How long are we going to wait for this? Its getting ridiculous. Too many people just want the old 'not caring about a virus' ways back which caused all of this. We need a new normal where people in the future don't mingle so inconsiderately, and armed forces will be required to implement this into our culture and society. Thank god they're being implemented with the roll out of this vaccine. Let's just hope that will be the beginning of better order and not all they will be required for.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What like Spain ? Some of the very toughest rules/enforcement and penalties, and one of the worst records.

They got hit early and people were mixing in numbers indoors and then going out and about. They may have had tough restrictions but they mixed.

But maybe others are right. Let's not enforce the restrictions. This approach seems to be yielding fantastic results.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Deliveroo are now deliivering from Supermarkets. There's no excuse. People shouldn't be flocking to places like supermarkets. We have better, safer alternatives. People are just too arrogant to look for the alternatives and instead just put on a mask and think they're doing their bit.. No excuses, they're being bellends. One way system or not in a supermarket, it's needlessly costing lives

You cant get Deliveroo in rural places so you do have to go to a supermarkets unfortunately as home delivery slots are difficult to get

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree with your point.

There is only one solution to this. The armed forces patrolling the streets. Its such an obvious thing we should have implied years ago to maintain order. How long are we going to wait for this? Its getting ridiculous. Too many people just want the old 'not caring about a virus' ways back which caused all of this. We need a new normal where people in the future don't mingle so inconsiderately, and armed forces will be required to implement this into our culture and society. Thank god they're being implemented with the roll out of this vaccine. Let's just hope that will be the beginning of better order and not all they will be required for.

I would have no issue with the army on the street, although they are never armed when carrying out logistical ops and only very rarely armed when policing civilians. It would be a good measure to take. But I can see why some would object.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Lad i work with went round to relatives to check on them Christmas day even though he knew that had tested positive . You can guess the rest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What like Spain ? Some of the very toughest rules/enforcement and penalties, and one of the worst records.

And Italy. Aggressively enforced laws with the combined efforts of police and military in waves 1 and 2, yet a CV19 death capital both times. Can only put this down to the ‘inventiveness’ of Europeans (except Danes and Norwegians) to furtively break laws behind closed doors.

Whilst the Taiwanese and South Koreans comply and all live on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Really ? Just checked ours.....extract for 2 weeks or so ahead...almost any day/time available. Rocking horse shit ?

1365375d228dc00f8e2d33bf10f68895.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People who judge others and then moan on Internet forums about people going about their business.
drastically prolonging the time they have to be in lockdown
People who go to house parties or big group events are ‘COVIDIOTS’, not those going to a garden centre or meeting up in a park for a socially distanced chat, don’t judge others situations, for some that might be the only thing that keeps them going through this utter hell many lonely people are living.

People do not need to be gathering in garden centres. Full stop. There are plenty of covid safe ways to meet. Or you can make a video call. Put the radio on, phone a mate, meet a mate outdoors. Plenty of ways to avoid loneliness without risking lives and drastically extending the time we have to be in lockdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here