Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I couldn't believe that the people queueing for several hundred yards for the test centre in Preston Park this week were showing no social distancing at all!!!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Might be a factor for some. 200 when 40 are expected though ? BBC news were saying this evening that schools have called on parents to be honest. I guess they don’t believe the reasons/excuses.

Is it too difficult to ask for proof? My Employer gave me a letter in lockdown 1 proving Key Worker status in case I was challenged when going to work. The parents must have some proof of Employer.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Is it too difficult to ask for proof? My Employer gave me a letter in lockdown 1 proving Key Worker status in case I was challenged when going to work. The parents must have some proof of Employer.

Why not have a camera linked to the parents phone making them able to monitor their kids alone at home whilst the key workers do their thing? Teach the kids how to cook and then the parents won't be so needed. It may sound harsh but it beats losing another 60,000 odd lives.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Oh and don't start me on Christmas bubbles................... we had to choose between one set of grandparents, like many should of but did they?

I know of many that have had just the extra 1 family in the bubble making it 4 families in their bubble on Christmas Day as it wasn't fair..........what is not bloody fair is people are dying because of the weak-willed covid idiots.

They are now getting a reality check and all those more doctors and nurses are getting it both barrels.

Imagine the war, get in yer bunker and wait for the nurse to call you. Get your jab and then be sensible until the summer.:flounce::flounce::flounce:

You could have chosen to have no grandparents. It wasn’t compulsory.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why not have a camera linked to the parents phone making them able to monitor their kids alone at home whilst the key workers do their thing? Teach the kids how to cook and then the parents won't be so needed. It may sound harsh but it beats losing another 60,000 odd lives.

Cool, you could watch your kid pouring a kettle over themselves in real time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Garden Centres....**** knows why they are open for people to walk round anyway, but I bet they are full of ****ing pensioners using it as a meeting place, masks around their chins, blocking aisles and ignoring distancing like they were last time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hove seafront.

Either there are some even weirder households in this City than even I thought, or people seem to be "accidentally" bumping into others they know when they take their dogs and kids for a massive walk.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

So you’d be happy for 6 year olds to fend for themselves at home?

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
So you’d be happy for 6 year olds to fend for themselves at home?

Maybe not a 6 year old but ages from 10/11 upwards could be taught how to be able to look after themselves during times like this, especially if it stops thousands of lives being lost.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Okay then. Send them somewhere like a school building where they can catch and spread covid. Lets just continue to risks thousands of lives and blame Boris Johnson for it.

I agree but I can’t see that being a viable idea.
And Johnson does have to take some responsibility. He’s the leader of the nation, time to step up and start getting tough with these idiots. The reason people take the piss is because there are no consequences. Boris does need to get involved. It’s what he’s there for.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
People who judge others and then moan on Internet forums about people going about their business.

People who go to house parties or big group events are ‘COVIDIOTS’, not those going to a garden centre or meeting up in a park for a socially distanced chat, don’t judge others situations, for some that might be the only thing that keeps them going through this utter hell many lonely people are living.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Maybe not a 6 year old but ages from 10/11 upwards could be taught how to be able to look after themselves during times like this, especially if it stops thousands of lives being lost.
Ok, and back to your point on supermarkets, what do you suggest if Deliveroo doesn’t deliver to your area and you can’t get a delivery slot direct with the supermarket or you don’t have internet access?

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
I agree but I can’t see that being a viable idea.
And Johnson does have to take some responsibility. He’s the leader of the nation, time to step up and start getting tough with these idiots. The reason people take the piss is because there are no consequences. Boris does need to get involved. It’s what he’s there for.

Boris can only tell us to stay indoors and isolate as much as possible. It's down to us to follow these orders and unfortunately the majority aren't. Instead they're constantly slating him whilst they happily venture into things like Supermarkets, football stadiums and parks. I saw 2 people from my window jogging today on my street. Unbelievable how people are still refusing to exercise at home during times like this, but they excuse themselves by blaming it all on Boris. This is the problem. Time we start blaming ourselves more, after all, actions speak louder than words.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
The government are actively encouraging vulnerable students to attend school.

The definition has changed somewhat since Lockdown 1.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here