Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Schools apparently. Lots of parents claiming they are key workers. One primary in Yorkshire had 200 in after preparing for 40. Those parents are the definition of Covidiots. Another example of the failure of Libertarian trusting people to do the right thing.

Incredible, these parents should be given hefty fines. Schools are only there as a last resort and for the parents of key workers, when they are at work. Most schools were practically empty in March, no excuse now.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
The big issue with Supermarkets is no one way systems or quota controls like March. Deliveries should be for the vulnerable and (real) key workers. And delivery slots are rarer than rocking horse shit.

Deliveroo are now deliivering from Supermarkets. There's no excuse. People shouldn't be flocking to places like supermarkets. We have better, safer alternatives. People are just too arrogant to look for the alternatives and instead just put on a mask and think they're doing their bit.. No excuses, they're being bellends. One way system or not in a supermarket, it's needlessly costing lives

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Deliveroo are now deliivering from Supermarkets. There's no excuse. People shouldn't be flocking to places like supermarkets. We have better, safer alternatives. People are just too arrogant to look for the alternatives and instead just put on a mask and think they're doing their bit.. No excuses, they're being bellends. One way system or not in a supermarket, it's needlessly costing lives
Didn’t realise Deliveroo is delivering for supermarkets. If supermarkets are so unsafe they should be forced to clean up their act. I’d heard that Asda Holingbury has an outbreak amongst staff?

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Didn’t realise Deliveroo is delivering for supermarkets. If supermarkets are so unsafe they should be forced to clean up their act. I’d heard that Asda Holingbury has an outbreak amongst staff?

They should just shut down all the shops including supermarkets and have us using online delivery services instead. Madness that that's not already being implied.

D

Deleted member 2719

Both our kids play grassroots football and a day or so before the lockdown, the managers were asking who can play and train this week.

I am ashamed to say 3/4 of each team made themselves available. I said it as it was even no it is outside the transmission rate is way too high.

So are we dealing with 3/4 of covid idiots in the UK?

A lot of people talk the talk on it, but they need to start to walk the walk and they are already months late.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Get your point, but Deliveroo would need an artic to deliver my once a ten-day shop for a family of 5 adults. Also, the delivery slots are difficult to come by and I'm not some frontline worker and would rather NHS/teachers/coppers have access to delivery slots. Supermarkets were better (Covid) run in the March lockdown and they only allowed 100 people in Asda Hollingbury at a time (unsurprised if the staff-infection story at Hollingbury turns out to be correct).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Both our kids play grassroots football and a day or so before the lockdown, the managers were asking who can play and train this week.

I am ashamed to say 3/4 of each team made themselves available. I said it as it was even no it is outside the transmission rate is way too high.

So are we dealing with 3/4 of covid idiots in the UK?

A lot of people talk the talk on it, but they need to start to walk the walk and they are already months late.

In mid November, Robbie Savage was heading a campaign to open up grassroots sport. He won the hearts of the media and public, the governments of the 4 nations were seen as nasty in preventing kids and adults playing team; field hockey, football, rugby or netball. R5 had several lengthy phone ins, where 90% of callers backed Savage, they were fuming at Johnson, Sturgeon, Drakeford etc for preventing it. The popular argument went along the lines of let team sports resume immediately, the over 60’s and vulnerable should self isolate until the pandemic has passed.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

388C34A4-30D8-40DF-946A-3FFB95707B1A.png

It highlights the huge shifts in public sentiment over the last ten months, the ups and downs.

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh and don't start me on Christmas bubbles................... we had to choose between one set of grandparents, like many should of but did they?

I know of many that have had just the extra 1 family in the bubble making it 4 families in their bubble on Christmas Day as it wasn't fair..........what is not bloody fair is people are dying because of the weak-willed covid idiots.

They are now getting a reality check and all those more doctors and nurses are getting it both barrels.

Imagine the war, get in yer bunker and wait for the nurse to call you. Get your jab and then be sensible until the summer.:flounce::flounce::flounce:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I would quite like to see what things are like in the cities now - my impression from people who can walk to central London (and one person I know who works there) suggest it is very quiet.

Where I live I've only been in fields and woods and occasionally on some residential streets. Never seen this week any people in non-family groups or any behaviour I would mark as suspect - everyone is giving wide berths on the pavements/roads and there are very few people out in the fields - much fewer than last time, because (I think) it is a lot muddier and colder.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Schools apparently. Lots of parents claiming they are key workers. One primary in Yorkshire had 200 in after preparing for 40. Those parents are the definition of Covidiots. Another example of the failure of Libertarian trusting people to do the right thing.

A friend of Mrst T asked the school of she could bring the kid in as her and sha enad her bloke are both working. School said yes, no further questions. She is an interior designer and her husband designs sound systems.

I started a thread, then deleted it.....At least one London teaching hospital is doing Covid vaccinations for 'staff', without any checks.

This country is run by absolute shysters, and the bigger blagger you are the more you can steal.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I know of one family that had 5 households mixing on christmas day, including 90+ year old grandad

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Get your point, but Deliveroo would need an artic to deliver my once a ten-day shop for a family of 5 adults. Also, the delivery slots are difficult to come by and I'm not some frontline worker and would rather NHS/teachers/coppers have access to delivery slots. Supermarkets were better (Covid) run in the March lockdown and they only allowed 100 people in Asda Hollingbury at a time (unsurprised if the staff-infection story at Hollingbury turns out to be correct).

I thought how the supermarkets dealt with Covid back during the start of all this was ridiculous. Huge lines of people outside waiting to go in. How was that safe? People were standing in exactly the same spot as the person in front after the line moved forward. Of course there's going to be germs passed around 50 odd people lining up together, not caring about anything other than their own gut when they all have smart phones and the storage to put a delivery app on their phone.

Pay the subscription fee on the Deliveroo app and you get your deliveries for free plus you stop risking other peoples lives. It's a no brainer to me unless you're one of these selfish knobs who can't get to grips with this new world we are now in. The sooner people start accepting the new normal, the sooner we can save all these lives. Going out when there are alternatives to stop you risking other peoples lives is a no regardless of your excuse. Simple as that.

D

Deleted member 2719

In mid November, Robbie Savage was heading a campaign to open up grassroots sport. He won the hearts of the media and public, the governments of the 4 nations were seen as nasty in preventing kids and adults playing team; field hockey, football, rugby or netball. R5 had several lengthy phone ins, where 90% of callers backed Savage, they were fuming at Johnson, Sturgeon, Drakeford etc for preventing it. The popular argument went along the lines of let team sports resume immediately, the over 60’s and vulnerable should self isolate until the pandemic has passed.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

View attachment 132264

It highlights the huge shifts in public sentiment over the last ten months, the ups and downs.

Can we erase Savage out of the Albion history books?

Footballers and big stars have far too much leverage over politician nowadays and savage is not really an A-lister.

The media are to blame in my eyes for a huge portion of these deaths ever since they stirred the feck out of Cummings gate. He didn't even jump on a long train journey with Covid either.

These journos only see one thing, glory for themselves. The tories were right to stop going on the Morgan and Reid, let's rip their heads off fest and I would have said the same for Labour if they had been treated with such lack of respect.

Many deaths will lie at their doors and they appear not to be culpable at all. Will the public inquiry take in the way they have reported everything, I doubt it..........madness. :flounce::flounce::flounce:

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
The key worker one has got my goat. My wife works in the CO-OP and our kids school is full. She is being forced to take the time off unpaid as they are not using the furlough scheme.

Edit.

She worked through both previous lockdown

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can we erase Savage out of the Albion history books?

Footballers and big stars have far too much leverage over politician nowadays and savage is not really an A-lister.

The media are to blame in my eyes for a huge portion of these deaths ever since they stirred the feck out of Cummings gate. He didn't even jump on a long train journey with Covid either.

These journos only see one thing, glory for themselves. The tories were right to stop going on the Morgan and Reid, let's rip their heads off fest and I would have said the same for Labour if they had been treated with such lack of respect.

Many deaths will lie at their doors and they appear not to be culpable at all. Will the public inquiry take in the way they have reported everything, I doubt it..........madness. :flounce::flounce::flounce:

Savage often talks about his weeks in Brighton. He loved it, admitting it was all about the boozing and females. Loved the craic and crack.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I thought how the supermarkets dealt with Covid back during the start of all this was ridiculous. Huge lines of people outside waiting to go in. How was that safe? People were standing in exactly the same spot as the person in front after the line moved forward. Of course there's going to be germs passed around 50 odd people lining up together, not caring about anything other than their own gut when they all have smart phones and the storage to put a delivery app on their phone.

Pay the subscription fee on the Deliveroo app and you get your deliveries for free plus you stop risking other peoples lives. It's a no brainer to me unless you're one of these selfish knobs who can't get to grips with this new world we are now in. The sooner people start accepting the new normal, the sooner we can save all these lives. Going out when there are alternatives to stop you risking other peoples lives is a no regardless of your excuse. Simple as that.

Right, I'll check out Deliveroo and report back. Fact check however, I was in supermarket queues in March/April and the distancing out side was fine. If anyone gets too close ask them to move away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here