Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I feel like this is likely to be a major problem going forward as more people are vaccinated too, people believing they can now essentially do as they please (and doing so from the point the needle exits the arm)

A friend of Mrs H rang on Monday : "We're getting the jab tomorrow, can we come and see you afterwards ?".
"Errr, no, we've not had it yet and it's against the law"
"But you've had other people round"
"They were rebuilding a wall in the garden"

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I overheard a couple of middle aged women talking this morning:
(1) - so do these changes mean we can now go out for a meal?
(2) - no, no, but we can meet up for a picnic
(1) - does that have to be outside?
(2) - yes, and only two people
(1) - that seems worse than now. Be glad when I've had the jab and things will be back to normal

Just needs a couple of well placed dramatic pauses and we have a Harold Pinter classic on our hands

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Like a sunny August Bank Holiday on B&H seafront today.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What is it with people taking photos of kids playgrounds and posting them all over social media.

I’m sure the parents would be delighted to know some weird creep is taking secret photos of their kids and placing them in a public domain for anyone to see.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What is it with people taking photos of kids playgrounds and posting them all over social media.

I’m sure the parents would be delighted to know some weird creep is taking secret photos of their kids and placing them in a public domain for anyone to see.

I get what you are saying but some of the parents are the worst, living their life on FB thru pics of their kids

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
lovely wasnt it.

With transmission outside proven to be next to nothing , it was great to see everyone getting some sun and a bit of joy for a change

Meanwhile, over here, if I want to go for a nice walk along the coast, I have to don my mask. Mildly irksome but compounded by the fact that the bars are packed to the gunwales with maskless customers.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Office for National Statistics (ONS)
@ONS
Replying to
@ONS
Nearly half of over-80s who had received both doses of the #COVID19 vaccine had met someone other than a household member, support bubble or a personal carer, indoors, since being vaccinated http://ow.ly/4wPy50DPMcz

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Office for National Statistics (ONS)
@ONS
Replying to
@ONS
Nearly half of over-80s who had received both doses of the #COVID19 vaccine had met someone other than a household member, support bubble or a personal carer, indoors, since being vaccinated http://ow.ly/4wPy50DPMcz

A reasonable percentage of over 80s are aware that if they stick strictly to the rules, they will never see their loved ones again. That's a really sobering thought.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A reasonable percentage of over 80s are aware that if they stick strictly to the rules, they will never see their loved ones again. That's a really sobering thought.

Till they know for sure if the vaccine cuts transmission it’s still silly, they could pick it up and take it back to the care home / pass it on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Till they know for sure if the vaccine cuts transmission it’s still silly, they could pick it up and take it back to the care home / pass it on.

There is pretty good info already.....and who are we to judge....maybe if we were in their shoes we’d do the same ..and obviously not all old people are in care homes...and hopefully those that are would have had a vaccine? Hmm..have I been whooshed

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm with KG on this one, the rules are there for everyone. I'm very much not in favour of a two-tier system where the vaccinated old get more privileges than the unvaccinated young.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm with KG on this one, the rules are there for everyone. I'm very much not in favour of a two-tier system where the vaccinated old get more privileges than the unvaccinated young.

This as well

We have people being fined for driving to the beach atm - we either have rules or we don’t.

But I think this shows the Government may well lose control at some point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here