Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Everywhere it seems, meanwhile Australia and New Zealand have more or less got rid of it.
A cocktail of a truly useless government and trusting 'the great British public' to do the right thing.
Well done to those trying their best but we are a nation of idiots being led by an idiot.

TBF Australia and New Zealand more or less haven't had it

Tough rules on mask wearing, borders closed, strict quarantine and social distancing combined with public compliance and tough lockdown. The contrast with the idiocy and Covid denial in the UK is a bit sad really.
Singapore has also rid itself of the virus with the only cases coming from international travelers who are in compulsory quarantine at the airport.
Our Government needs to stop listening to loudmouth Irish owners of budget airlines. Not much can be done about our Covidiots though... that seems to be cultural

https://www.ft.com/content/1dc30522-da7f-4bad-adf2-5637718c7143

Slamming the borders shut when tens of thousands are transmitting within our own borders is pretty futile. Nobody in without a negative test (which most places can turn round in 24 hours now) for sure, but unless and until we do something about our own behaviours closing the border is just symbolic and probably designed to make our so called leadership appear Covid toughies

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Its probably been mentioned on here somewhere, but the under-cliff walk between Rottingdean & Saltdean is heaving most of the time it seems. Went for an early ride last Saturday, and dropped down onto the under-cliff on the way back as I couldn't face going up the hill with all the traffic that was building up. Almost turned round and took my chances with the vehicles though as I had to stop immediately by Molly's cafe. The amount of people hanging around drinking and chatting in groups was just insane, & I couldn't get through without taking a very wide berth, almost on the beach itself.
Was the same again on Friday when I went out for a little early spin....so went along Seaford seafront instead on Saturday morning. Deserted.

Avoid Rottingdean!

Did you cycle as far as the marina, if so is the under-cliff dry or were you sprayed white. Just asking as planning Wednesday trip

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
TBF Australia and New Zealand more or less haven't had it

Slamming the borders shut when tens of thousands are transmitting within our own borders is pretty futile. Nobody in without a negative test (which most places can turn round in 24 hours now) for sure, but unless and until we do something about our own behaviours closing the border is just symbolic and probably designed to make our so called leadership appear Covid toughies

TBF If we'd acted swiftly and decisively we more or less wouldn't have had it either. Borders should have been closed nearly a year ago.

Easing up too soon and letting everyone run riot all summer did exactly what 'experts' said and what anyone with half a brain knew was going to happen. To all of you who were desperate to go on holiday and pubs etc, thanks a ****ing bunch.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Its probably been mentioned on here somewhere, but the under-cliff walk between Rottingdean & Saltdean is heaving most of the time it seems. Went for an early ride last Saturday, and dropped down onto the under-cliff on the way back as I couldn't face going up the hill with all the traffic that was building up. Almost turned round and took my chances with the vehicles though as I had to stop immediately by Molly's cafe. The amount of people hanging around drinking and chatting in groups was just insane, & I couldn't get through without taking a very wide berth, almost on the beach itself.
Was the same again on Friday when I went out for a little early spin....so went along Seaford seafront instead on Saturday morning. Deserted.

Avoid Rottingdean!

Sounds like you're part of the problem.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
TBF If we'd acted swiftly and decisively we more or less wouldn't have had it either. Borders should have been closed nearly a year ago.

Easing up too soon and letting everyone run riot all summer did exactly what 'experts' said and what anyone with half a brain knew was going to happen. To all of you who were desperate to go on holiday and pubs etc, thanks a ****ing bunch.

That was my point re Oz and NZ, they acted quickly and decisively

I've never been an advocate of us closing borders but having a robust testing requirement in place for anyone coming in would certainly have helped. That said we don't have to look to far from our own front doors to see why it has spread so quickly. Forced quarantining what few travellers there are now is little more than a symbolic gesture

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nipped to the shops recently; fat chav with no mask spent ages buying and scratching off scratchcards. At least 5 minutes at it. But she had a lanyard :facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Sage said it’s pointless closing the borders

They still do.

Running riot to places were you needed a clear PCR test?

The anger you have would be better off aimed at the actual cause of infections and the most deadly ones, hospital and care homes.

Pubs/Restaurants have been shut for months to anyone outside a family group and the cases still went up

Seems to have fallen into the gov trap of blaming the public.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

They still do.

The anger you have would be better off aimed at the actual cause of infections and the most deadly ones, hospital and care homes.

Pubs/Restaurants have been shut for months to anyone outside a family group and the cases still went up

The highest incidence of Covid is in school age children, followed by ages group 18-24, then 25-34 year olds and so on. Unlikely to be in hospitals or care homes and definitely part of the public.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The highest incidence of Covid is in school age children, followed by ages group 18-24, then 25-34 year olds and so on. Unlikely to be in hospitals or care homes and definitely part of the public.

I read yesterday 1/3 deaths are from care homes

When everything was “open” care homes and hospitals drove the infection rates

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I read yesterday 1/3 deaths are from care homes

When everything was “open” care homes and hospitals drove the infection rates

That would be because the chance of death is significantly higher in the elderly ie prevalence of infection is much higher in the young but they tend to escape the worst effects of the disease. A smaller number of old people carry the virus but they are more likely to end up suffering and dying. Covidiots ie members of the public are quite literally responsible for killing people and that is likely to include their own elderly relatives. There are things for which the Government can be blamed but Covidiocy isn’t one of them.
Scroll down to figure 5 in this link

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...icatorsinengland22january2021#age-differences

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just check the tide times and avoid 2 hours before high water ?

Sadly not the issue, the stretch directly opposite the marina when wet basically sprays you and your bike in white chalk.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That would be because the chance of death is significantly higher in the elderly ie prevalence of infection is much higher in the young but they tend to escape the worst effects of the disease. A smaller number of old people carry the virus but they are more likely to end up suffering and dying. Covidiots ie members of the public are quite literally responsible for killing people and that is likely to include their own elderly relatives. There are things for which the Government can be blamed but Covidiocy isn’t one of them.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...icatorsinengland22january2021#age-differences

Anyone that goes out is running the risk of killing an old relative, yes people take precautions but people are still catching it.

There seems to be a shift in blaming people for this mess who are out walking in a park/beach instead of the Gov, the term covidiot seems to be used by those in a position of being able to work from home/not hourly paid/ with a house and garden.

Obviously there are the people having raves etc that are idiots.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The biggest cause of the spread of the virus is the government's failure to:

Deliver a clear, unequivocal message.
Enforce the restrictions
Reign in the likes of Cummings and his breaking of the regulations and their absurd response to it.

These are the failings that have lead to "covidiots". It is down to our government I'm afraid.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Covidiots encouraged by Government.

13356AA4-8516-466B-92D3-40FF06E91352.jpeg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Exactly, being an island was a huge advantage to us and we blew it. Instead caving in to lobbyists and economic pressures and leaving our ports, airports and Eurostar open for business as usual and waving in Covid carrying tourists and business travellers with a cheery smile without any real quarantine or track and trace measures in place

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

They still do.

Not sure you did for most holidays over the summer, I'm talking UK as well. the pub groups thing is bollocks, locally I saw groups one day in pub A, then half of them with a different gang in another pub a few days later . . . I'm sure restaurants have been the same. If its all care homes and hospitals why are they now rammed to the gunnels with young seemingly fit and healthy people ?

I do blame some of the public as much as I blame the government. most people are selfish, idiotic in their actions and provably ignorant to the risks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here