Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Can any electrician help

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I had four of these fused spurs installed about 4 years ago. Now one has gone bad and I would like to replace it with the same, but using Google images has failed to reveal the manufacturer.

Can anyone help please, and yes I have turned it on and off repeatedly and used switch cleaner, but nothing has improved it..

P1090604.JPG

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have got a City Electrical Factors trade catalogue, they have one that looks very similar made by Selectrict - code in catalogue 0140-7082

35A8F7A4-367C-4FBF-8B22-255FAFAFAB9B.jpeg

Screenshot from Selectric website

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I had four of these fused spurs installed about 4 years ago. Now one has gone bad and I would like to replace it with the same, but using Google images has failed to reveal the manufacturer.

Can anyone help please, and yes I have turned it on and off repeatedly and used switch cleaner, but nothing has improved it..

View attachment 132251

In what way has it gone kerputt ?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Unless this is a special in terms of physical size, it can be replaced with any fused connection unit but I would be more concerned with why it is no longer working.

Have you checked the fuse?

EDIT - just noticed it is 1 of 4. It will probably have the makers name on the reverse side. If you have severe OCD and need them all to match buy 5 new ones the same and keep 1 as a spare.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The switch itself is dodgy. I leave it turned on and return later to find its turned itself off,. Contact cleaner doesn't help.

It is definitely the Selectec spur as I have similar power points of that makes fitted by the same guy. I do have 3 together (one dodgy) and 1 across the room, so if my OCD gets the better of me I can put the 3 similar ones together.

Thanks for all you help.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just noticed they do a 25 year no quibble guarantee. That should be interesting after lockdown when I take it back with 5 years on the clock and no receipt. :)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I only ever fit MK outlets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here