Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Virtual Mascot

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Has anyone else had a really poor experience of their son/daughter being chosen as a virtual mascot. 3 second generic message from Lamptey, email breaching data protection regs, crap word document certificate...Why bother if done so half-hearted, its a big deal for the kids but left disappointed.

Stumpy Tim

Ha yes. We had a terrible message from Connolly and a Word document you could edit. Having said that, he was in the programme and apparently on the big screen (it was a game with fans). I´m not complaining though, as it was free.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Similar experience to the above. Not complaining as it was free and everything is bonkers due to Covid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Has anyone else had a really poor experience of their son/daughter being chosen as a virtual mascot. 3 second generic message from Lamptey, email breaching data protection regs, crap word document certificate...Why bother if done so half-hearted, its a big deal for the kids but left disappointed.

What did it cost ? Have you given any feedback to Supporter Services, if so what did they say ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

What was the data protection breach?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
At Leeds, the Captain has been carrying an iPad on to the pitch, so the experience is streamed live to the mascot. Not sure if it’s every game or just a couple of times but decent idea in this crazy environment.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
At Leeds, the Captain has been carrying an iPad on to the pitch, so the experience is streamed live to the mascot. Not sure if it’s every game or just a couple of times but decent idea in this crazy environment.

I may be wrong but I think they were exceptional circumstances, where the fan concerned was quite ill or had similar sad situations.

Stumpy Tim

I´m not 100% sure, but I thought that was once and for a particular (very unwell) child. I may be wrong, but that´s my recollection. Nice touch either way though.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I´m not 100% sure, but I thought that was once and for a particular (very unwell) child. I may be wrong, but that´s my recollection. Nice touch either way though.

Probably. Although it’s definitely been more than once. Possibly I saw a different club do the same thing - Everton springs to mind for some reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here