Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Does anyone know someone who has a face mask exemption ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know it's Covid related and should be on the sub forum, but I have asked this question multiple times on multiple threads in there (and elsewhere) and can't seem to get an answer, so if it can run for a few hours ?

I'm not asking any personal details, but are you aware of anyone who has a face mask exemption and the reasons. Does the reason for their exemption stop them wearing a visor thing as well ?

I've been wondering this for months and can't get an answer anywhere. I am struggling to think of conditions which would cover both although I'm sure there are some and maybe, very many

Thanks

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I have, due to my medication, and it covers all face coverings, but I'm still wearing a mask because that's the right thing to do.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have, due to my medication, but I'm still wearing a mask because that's the right thing to do.

Don't want to pry, but if you really struggled with the mask with your condition would you be able to wear a visor ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
At the Sheffield United game there was a couple (M&F) sat directly in front of me, they both had face covering exemption passes. What are the chances of two people who are together both qualifying for exemption?

They also left their seats 5 mins before HT and then left before FT.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I have a face mask exemption when I'm with my mother because she is deaf, and lip reads. But as she hardly goes out, that doesn't apply very often.

A visor doesn't help because looking through curved plastic stops her reading the lips.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
A member of my family. They suffered multiple strokes so struggle with being able to place a mask on their face or keep it on.

When the rule came into place, they became incredibly depressed and a recluse as they were worried that they would be judged when going out for not wearing one. After seeing this i find it greatly offensive when people now just jump to conclusions and blame people for not wearing a mask and say that no one should be exempt. Its not her fault that her body such as fingers used to place on a mask cannot coordinate with the brain correctly. So please think before you say that there should be no exemption and no reason not to wear one.

We have tried a visor but again they struggle to put this on and keep it on.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Don't want to pry, but if you really struggled with the mask with your condition would you be able to wear a visor ?

Anyone on anti depressants or with anxiety related issues is exempt from anything, on funerals and in general 'everyday' life I feel that I'm alright covering my face and I don't want to set a bad example either, but I fully understand people who due to ongoing issues choose not to wear a mask. I'm finding a lot of main mourners at services are choosing due to stress to remove their masks once seating in the relevant chapel.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I know it's Covid related and should be on the sub forum, but I have asked this question multiple times on multiple threads in there (and elsewhere) and can't seem to get an answer, so if it can run for a few hours ?

I'm not asking any personal details, but are you aware of anyone who has a face mask exemption and the reasons. Does the reason for their exemption stop them wearing a visor thing as well ?

I've been wondering this for months and can't get an answer anywhere. I am struggling to think of conditions which would cover both although I'm sure there are some and maybe, very many

Thanks

Why do you need to know?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I have a face mask exemption when I'm with my mother because she is deaf, and lip reads. But as she hardly goes out, that doesn't apply very often.

A visor doesn't help because looking through curved plastic stops her reading the lips.

I am profoundly deaf so understand what you are saying but would still expect anyone I was with to wear a mask as much as possible. After all, you aren't talking all the time.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My neighbour over the road wears an exemption lanyard but last year she was convicted 5G was causing Covid and Bill Gates wanted to inject microchips in us all so I'm not convinced she actually has an exemption and instead just has the lanyard.

*EDIT*

Just wanted to say I don't judge people I see in supermarkets that are maskless and understand everybody has different circumstances but just with this one individual it seems odd coincidence they are exempt.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why do you need to know?

Because as I said in my opening post, I was struggling to think of reasons why when a face mask couldn't be worn, that a visor couldn't be worn instead.

I've had 3 reasons explained already, so I am now more knowledgeable than I was an hour ago. Something I think is always positive :thumbsup:

(I was also under the mistaken belief that a visor was an alternative to a face mask and have found out that isn't true)

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m sure [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] will along very shortly to tell us all, yet again, he is EXEMPT!

:lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I know someone close to me who has genuine reasons for not wearing a covering (I’ll not disclose them here), I fully support the reasoning behind their decision. I wear one on all relevant occasions because I can...

However, the tone of this thread concerns me slightly.

I get the faint whiff of polished boots and arm bands, that’s a dangerous place to even think about going.

Sorry, but you can’t tar everyone with the willing ‘deception’ brush - so don’t.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here