Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It Doesn't Really Matter - a favour part two

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well it's been a year since I last posted this, and **** me what a year it has been!

As many of you will know my wife was diagnosed with cancer in October 2019 and after several false starts and changes of diagnosis she eventually started receiving treatment for Low Grade Non Hodgkin Lymphoma in January 2020.

Low grade NHL (as it's more snappily known), is a blood cancer that effectively can't be cured - you can have treatment, in my wife's case chemotherapy and radiotherapy, which can keep it at bay for a while, but it WILL come back at some point. 50% of people with Low Grade NHL survive 10 years, which obviously means 50% don't.:down:

https://bloodcancer.org.uk/ are a great charity that do a lot of work and offer support for people with blood cancers.

Those that can remember as far back as January last year, will remember I put a similar post on then, asking for any donations, big or small - on that occasion it was for Macmillan Nurses. Our original plans to carry out a walk in the Peak district got blown out of the water by Covid, but we have since carried out multiple small walks on our daily hours exercise, so feel we filled our part of the bargain!

The support last time around was phenomenal - and to be honest I feel like a great big fat cheeky person coming on here and asking again. I appreciate charity begins at home, and this has been an incredibly tough year for us all - but please spare a thought, and if you have it, some small change for those that have been going through this last year, while also battling a disease like cancer.

I have started a JustGiving page for the new Sunset Walk, which we will be doing on March 27th. Any donations however big or small gratefully accepted - equally I will understand if on this occasion you feel you can't. I know I got fed up of people shaking their tins in my face, back in the day when we went out. In a strange, small way, I wish I could encounter that again... small inconveniences that now don't seem quite so inconvenient.

Anyway, enough waffle, if anyone would like to donate to our new walk, the link is here...

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ian-smith206

And if anyone wants to read the previous thread from last year, here you go...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?377646-It-doesn%92t-really-matter-does-it-part-two&highlight=

It just leaves me to say thank you, thank you to all those that donated last time and thank you in advance for any that may this time. Also a big thank you to those that have put up with my rather spikey mood over the last 12 months or so.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Had a go. Screen froze after I put in my card details and pressed continue. May have donated twice or not at all!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here