Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] WHC Champion of Champions. NSC, you up for it?

Do you want the WHC back for a one off special?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hear me out.

2020 was a dog crap of a year. Personally, socially, familialy, professionally, sportingly. On at least some of those levels we've all had a shit year thanks to bloody covid-19.

People have struggled with mental health, families have been put under intense strain, we've not been able to see friends or family, paycuts have been taken, jobs furloughed and in some cases lost. And the Albion. Five wins in the calendar year, only one of which was at home.

It's been tough.

Now I ask you to think. What didn't happen last year that has happened for pretty much every one of the previous 10-12? Come on, think. Now think a little hader, you're nearly there...

You've got it!

There was no WHC.

Now, it could be coincidence that for the first time in over a decade there was no WHC and the world fell to shit. But, really? Really?!

What I'm proposing is the one off return of the World's hardest Creature. Not the regular royal rumble where dozens of beasts take part but a competition for just the elite. Either the eight winners or the ten finalists. Two groups of death leading to the knock out semi finals and then the final. Bish. Bash. Bosh.

NSC, a place renowned for it's harmony and decorum, has fallen into the rut of argument, vitriol and name calling. Potter In/Out. Europe In/Out. Trump In/Out(of sanity). Defense/Attack at fault. Webster a defender?

It's divided into camps with both sides arguing until they're blue in the face, oblivious to the other sides well thought out points. There's even been a forum made dedicated to arguing.

So it seems to me that NSC is ready for the return of WHC, for what is the WHC if it isn't a forum for blind favouritism, vitriol, nonsensical arguments, childish behaviour and insults?

What do you reckon NSC, are you ready for the return of WHC?

The Champion of Champions.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For me, only if it's on a WHC sub-forum so that the same people making the same comments about the same creatures as per the last 10 years doesn't clog up the top half of the Big Board.

Sorry.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No need to apologise Bry, it's why I've gone with a poll first rather than bowling headlong into it.

If it makes a difference the champions of champions would only be two groups, two semis and a final rather than 6-8 groups, 8 second round matches, the quarters and semis and final. No? didn't think so!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nah, can we have a world’s sexiest car poll instead?

I’d be all over that :thumbsup:

Honey badgers and their ilk can eff right off though...for me :smile:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
For me, only if it's on a WHC sub-forum so that the same people making the same comments about the same creatures as per the last 10 years doesn't clog up the top half of the Big Board.

Sorry.

Would you prefer polls started by the usual suspects such as which hand do you wipe your bum with?

Bring on WHC !!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Sorry.
Yes, this I'm afraid.

I've loved the whole WHC thing down the years, but it's probably had its day now. Time to move on. Obviously there are those who disagree, so I think Al's separate forum is the right way to go.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nah, can we have a world’s sexiest car poll instead?

I’d be all over that :thumbsup:

Honey badgers and their ilk can eff right off though...for me :smile:

I'd rather we brought back the Beautiful Women thread !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't it wait til the NSC makeover later in the month? Just on the off-chance there's a new 'Ignore Thread' feature? Life's too short, even on NSC, to be debating who would prevail in a fight between a great white shark and a grasshopper mouse or whatever. IMHO, like

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I voted ‘yes’ for the special version but I would like assurances from the OP that the competition would be carried out in a Covid-Secure fashion.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely! Bring WHC back and put it on the Main Board.

At last, something that makes total sense where Brexiteers and Remainers can unite over chosen animals; where COVID deniers and Hands Face Spacers can champion the same cause.

I am totally up for it - Option 1 or 2.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Any chance of a late wild card entry for the Saltdean Bat/Man?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I don't see the point because the default position now seems to be a regular conspiracy aided and abetted by people in senior positions but operating in the twilight zone to deny the one creature who should be declared the WHC every year without the need for a poll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here