Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Using the calculator when can you expect to be vaccinated?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Gove on TV this morning saying they are aiming for 30m vaccinations by mid Feb.

Hard to see how that is possible as would be 5m a week starting Monday

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thanks for that.....I thought I must have misheard what he said ! Can only think he meant a stock of 30m vaccines by then......[emoji2369][emoji2369]

If we’re able to get to 2m a week through by end Jan (definitely the target according to Gove) then we’re looking at maybe half the population being vaccinated (single jab) by end April or thereabouts, and all the highly vulnerable by maybe end March - if the NHS numbers are under some kind of control by then that’s when I reckon - best case - we’ll start to to see a gradual easing of restrictions, reversing cautiously through the tiers.

I wouldn’t take any notice whatsoever of the ‘calculator’ - it won’t be accurate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Really? That's more than double what Johnson was suggesting could be done by then?!

You sure he didn't say "thirteen"?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Might be a little while for me.

Based on your profile, there are between 28,049,905 and 38,844,493 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
�� Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 01/02/2022 and 02/07/2022.

Same same here. I call shotgun.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dilemma:
a) due to underlying conditions and weight, I come between 12m and 18m.
b) New year diet but if I lose just one stone i go to 19m to 24m in the queue!!!

Still, better to lose the weight.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Thanks for that.....I thought I must have misheard what he said ! Can only think he meant a stock of 30m vaccines by then......[emoji2369][emoji2369]

If we’re able to get to 2m a week through by end Jan (definitely the target according to Gove) then we’re looking at maybe half the population being vaccinated (single jab) by end April or thereabouts, and all the highly vulnerable by maybe end March - if the NHS numbers are under some kind of control by then that’s when I reckon - best case - we’ll start to to see a gradual easing of restrictions, reversing cautiously through the tiers.

I wouldn’t take any notice whatsoever of the ‘calculator’ - it won’t be accurate.

We've vaccinated a shade under 1m so far in 4 weeks. I think we currrently have 500k of each vaccine at the moment so the possiblility to vaccinate 1m this week although we are unlikely to do that many. It will take several weeks to ramp up to this 2m target, I think the most likely outcome is we'll be doing that many by the time the first review comes around in mid Feb where the PM will put us into another lockdown but can at least temper it by saying a significant portion of the 14m most at risk will have had their first jab (should be 60-70%) and we are now operational at 2m so the remainder will be done within 3-4 weeks. We would then need to start giving people their 2nd jabs pretty swiftly for this 12 week gap. This will inveitably lead to a slowing in the next 11m of the governments 25m total people it wants to vaccinate it deems to be at risk. I think there is a possiblity schools could go back towards the middle of March and then the tiers system is reintroduced in April, although it is worth remembering safter the last lockdown more areas went into higher tiers than pre-lockdown and the tiers were toughened up. I think Sage will recommend the tiers will need to be further tightened before we go back to that system so the majority of the country will spend mid-late spring in toughened up tiers 3 and 4.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20210104_172449.JPG

Potentially 18 months to wait for it.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The calculator said between March and May this year.. But I have an appointment at the clinic for vaccination next Friday !
For once I am ahead of the game :clap:

The calculator estimates your second dose. So I reckon its pretty much bang on if March!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Having looked at the calculator I’m glad I took part in a Vaccine trial and have probably already had one.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That's an interesting point, have they not told you yet whether you had the vaccine or a placebo?

Not yet. They will tell me if I become eligible for the ones being rolled out. I did have some slight side effects though which leads me to believe I had the vaccine. I could have just imagined them though!

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I'm in the 55-60 age group at the moment, due to move in to the 60-65 group in February.

The results from the calculator for age 59

🚶*♂️🚶*♀️🚶*♂️🚶🏿🚶*♂️🚶*♀️🚶*♂️
Based on your profile, there are between 21,646,485 and 24,759,945 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
📅 Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 06/06/2021 and 28/06/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 29/08/2021 and 20/09/2021.

The results from the calculator for age 60

🚶*♂️🚶*♀️🚶*♂️🚶🏿🚶*♂️🚶*♀️🚶*♂️
Based on your profile, there are between 18,991,925 and 21,646,485 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
📅 Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 18/05/2021 and 06/06/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 10/08/2021 and 29/08/2021

Just in time for my holiday in late September if all goes well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They have updated my result from 2-3 days ago !

It then said 2nd dose by December, but now 2nd dose is October.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

What they ought to be aiming for is to vaccinate people as fast as the manufacturers can churn out the vaccine. If the manufacturer can produce 5m per week, then the vaccination teams should be able to vaccinate 5m per week. If the manufacturers produce 10m, then the vaccinators inject 10m. No effort, and no expense, is greater than the cost - so no effort and no expense should be spared.

Incidentally they can manage about 1m per week flu jabs now - about 15m jabs given annually in September-December ish. So that's the absolute minimum starting point, or should be.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What they ought to be aiming for is to vaccinate people as fast as the manufacturers can churn out the vaccine. If the manufacturer can produce 5m per week, then the vaccination teams should be able to vaccinate 5m per week. If the manufacturers produce 10m, then the vaccinators inject 10m. No effort, and no expense, is greater than the cost - so no effort and no expense should be spared.

Incidentally they can manage about 1m per week flu jabs now - about 15m jabs given annually in September-December ish. So that's the absolute minimum starting point, or should be.

They have the heads to do this, they have the space to do this and no one has anywhere else to go.

There is no excuse for the Gov.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Seems the calculator is complete bollocks as my dad had a call today to say his first jab is on Friday.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
My Dad (75) got his first jab on Tuesday. My Mum (73) has not been notified about her first jab yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here