Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson 8pm televised address - official match thread

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes he does but the Conservative Party membership love charlatan Johnson and were always going to chose him. Hunt's reward for challenging him was to be frozen out.

Maybe a recall due now. It's coming to something when he's billed as the returning hero though.
Actually Hunt's reward was a demotion to Defence Secretary - which he turned down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Or do what the likes of USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand have done and ban entry for all non-residents and enforce quarantine for everyone else. That they haven’t done so is a disgrace.

The USA didn't do that.

What they did was say you couldn't enter in if you'd visited a prescribed list of countries in the prior 14 days. This list included the UK - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

So, for example, any Brit could still have a holiday in Florida if they wanted, and I know some who did, simply by stopping off en route for 14 days in one of the numerous permitted countries. Barbados was a popular stopping-off point, I understand.

I'm also pretty sure that whilst we maintained our safe/unsafe list weekly, the US safe/unsafe list wasn't adjusted at any point in time so countries that became unsafe, by measure of infection rates, remained "safe" for entry and vice versa.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As with Corbyn and Brexit, Starmer and Covid has shown him up to not be the kind of opposition leader this country needs IMHO.
Really not strong enough on such huge issues.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Apparently he's going to finally reveal what lessons Graham Potter has learned from all these defeats.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Cant stand that Peston. If he was told everybody would have vaccination by Friday he would want to know why it wasnt Thursday

Isn't that what journalists in a democracy are for?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The USA didn't do that.

What they did was say you couldn't enter in if you'd visited a prescribed list of countries in the prior 14 days. This list included the UK - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

So, for example, any Brit could still have a holiday in Florida if they wanted, and I know some who did, simply by stopping off en route for 14 days in one of the numerous permitted countries. Barbados was a popular stopping-off point, I understand.

I'm also pretty sure that whilst we maintained our safe/unsafe list weekly, the US safe/unsafe list wasn't adjusted at any point in time so countries that became unsafe, by measure of infection rates, remained "safe" for entry and vice versa.

My mistake. The other countries have though and we should follow suit.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Still not true. My kids school in Newhaven is fully open today and another in Newhaven was open to a large number of year groups

That’s surprising. All the schools in Peacehaven have closed (other than with the above mentioned exceptions) and I heard it was the same for Newhaven and Seaford but that must have been wrong.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Will these measures include any restrictions on the amount of PL players who can attend organised sex parties?

Face, Space, Hand jobs

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Following the science
New variant now shooting up in all areas of England
Not a National Lockdown as the Isles of Scilly remain in tier 1 (but closed to non residents)
We're doing a really great job on rolling the vaccine out
Without Brexit we wouldn't be in such a strong position on vaccines
I don't really want to do any of this, but we need to get the R rate down
Their are no problems in extending the period between the two vaccine jabs
I known the whole country is behind us in fighting this virus and I'm sure that by Easter we will all be hugging loved ones
Really concerned about South African variant which is why we need to take this action that I didn't want to do
Schools are still safe but we must wherever possible restrict contact and therefore reduce the spread of the virus
By all staying home and avoiding contact with others outside of your household we can, as we have before bring this virus under control and save the NHS

And 1 outsider
Face masks must now be worn all the time when outside of your home.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
If the numpties didn't follow the last set of rules and the rest of us did, they ain't going to be following the stricter rules :shrug:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Be along the lines of, "incredibly and unforseeably, allowing people to meet up with their families at xmas has seen case rates increase"

"...and, as has been said before, I repeat, that school pupils are 100% safe, yes (I know I'm ignoring the fact that they may spread the virus to other household members, such as mum, dad, granny) that's right, very safe indeed, even if they catch it"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here