Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson 8pm televised address - official match thread

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Whole Country expected to close from Wednesday at 1 minute past midnight on Tuesday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you been asleep for the past 9 months !!??

Its in reference to a circular discussion Bozza has been having with a few of us over the last 9 months.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
If schools remain open then any other measures will be pointless.
Schools will remain open.

They are already closing - no one gives a sh*t about his stupid “look at me” press conferences

Schools are being closed by local councils, governors, parents and head teachers, nothing to do with the government.

It’s the real world out there, something he doesn’t know much about

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Scotland is going into full lockdown so we will probably follow.
As Lord Heseltine says, Johnson waits to see 'the way the crowd is running then dashes in front'

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Everyone has to wear a diving bell for their 1 trip to the essential shops and 1 hour exercise a day and when at home everyone must stay in their own 1 room and not leave it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alas

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My guess...
Schools closed until beginning of Feb
Whole country in Tier 4 until beginning of Feb.
Boris to reveal it is a wig.
Any interactions with airborne mammals and any aquatic creatures to be seriously frowned upon.
And finally, Government scientist, Professor Whatsit, to reveal that left handed people are natural carriers of Covid and should therefore all be restricted to some kind of box under the stairs until further notice.

A bit of an advance leak - Matt Hancock says he’s “very worried” about the South African strain, which means.....

1. Somebody else is to blame (certainly not this government)
2. All airports will continue to operate as they have throughout without any restrictions or obstacles to inward transmission from other countries......like South Africa!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A bit of an advance leak - Matt Hancock says he’s “very worried” about the South African strain, which means.....

2. All airports will continue to operate as they have throughout without any restrictions or obstacles to inward transmission from other countries......like South Africa!

But direct flights from SA were stopped the same day, plus isolation to visitors and close contacts if they had been there within 10 days. Cant do much more than that tbf

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

South Africa is banned - minus cargo

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Meh. Full lockdown announcement, briefing over in 5 mins (4 minutes of which will be Robert Peston being a ****).
I cannot stand that bloke! Speak ****ing propERLY you imBECile!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

This government rarely misses a chance to liberally sprinkle any unwanted message with xenophobia and nationalism, so i'm sure we'll be hearing more about a South African strain then the "Kent strain"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...and still they let flights in from South Africa with little or no checks

Social media is full of stories

Not that I am a Jeremy Hunt fan at all, but he is the only one of this bunch of useless charlatans who talks sense.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They need to ban any incoming travel without a proper quarantine. And by that i mean two weeks in a warehouse at Heathrow.
I knew so many people that arrived back in to the UK in Lockdown MK1 without even a temperature check.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
South Africa is banned - minus cargo

But direct flights from SA were stopped the same day, plus isolation to visitors and close contacts if they had been there within 10 days. Cant do much more than that tbf

But flying indirect via Qatar or similar and into the UK means you can get around it and get in scot free.

People who were arriving from South Africa were also pretty much being waived through recently, just reminded to ensure they quarantine.

There was a thread on Twitter of a UK resident who works in South Korea and travelled back over New Year... now that is a country taking immigration and COVID seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here