Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crowdfunder - Newport County v Brighton

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Interesting first commenter
Untitled.png.

D

Deleted member 2719

Worked with a bloke from Newport once, he was without the biggest **** I have ever worked with.
Nasty piece of work, ready to cut anyone down who got in his way, the thing is he was a blagging waste of space and it took the MD 2 years to work it out and cost him a pretty penny too.

So good luck with the crowd funding, unfortunately, I will decline as many other charities are desperate at the moment.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They've got something from me. Covid has been especially hard on those lower league teams. Still want us to smash them though. :thumbsup:

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
When I heard about this earlier the NC fan said 'if everybody gave £2'.

The OP refers to £5 but the minimum you can donate is £10.

As someone else has said, there are a lot Charities needing at the moment and while I would have thrown a couple of quid in (like in a bucket), a tenner is too steep.

They are after all getting nearly £100k Sunday even if they lose.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Worked with a bloke from Newport once, he was without the biggest **** I have ever worked with.
Nasty piece of work, ready to cut anyone down who got in his way, the thing is he was a blagging waste of space and it took the MD 2 years to work it out and cost him a pretty penny too.

So good luck with the crowd funding, unfortunately, I will decline as many other charities are desperate at the moment.

Your story is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Sod Newport and it’s unworthy football team. They won’t be getting any of my money.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

No you really can just donate £2. One of the suggested donations is £2

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 14.50.04.png

If you mean the pre-configured donations start at £10 then just ignore that and type what you want in the box:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 14.48.31.png

Last edited:

jamiencafc

Jan 4, 2021
Newport fan in peace here (who set up the crowdfunder).

I hope the previous poster doesn't hold everyone from Newport in that same light, we're not all that bad :)

I ran a similar crowdfunder for our Newcastle league cup game with the Newcastle fans giving in great numbers and we raised over £3000 in total. I can see some of yourfans have already donated. It's amazing when football can bring fans together from all over the country!

So in advance, thanks to anyone that donates or even shares the page.

Thanks for the loan of Ben White also, he's a superstar in the making and I'm proud we had a part to play in his development!

Thanks,
Jamie

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

As someone else has said, there are a lot Charities needing at the moment and while I would have thrown a couple of quid in (like in a bucket), a tenner is too steep.

You can donate what you like....I typed in a fiver but didn't pay cos they dont take PayPal...now someone tell me they do so I can donate:clap2:

jamiencafc

Jan 4, 2021

I've taken this on board and added a £2 option

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I hope the previous poster doesn't hold everyone from Newport in that same light, we're not all that bad :)

I ran a similar crowdfunder for our Newcastle league cup game with the Newcastle fans giving in great numbers and we raised over £3000 in total. I can see some of yourfans have already donated. It's amazing when football can bring fans together from all over the country!

Thanks for the loan of Ben White also, he's a superstar in the making and I'm proud we had a part to play in his development!

Thanks,
Jamie

I was at your FA cup game at Maidenhead a few years ago supporting the home team. You had brilliant support that day. I think you outnumbered us !

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Think this is a scheme worth supporting. Blackpool fans made a similar gesture for Eastbourne Borough in an earlier round and it was widely applauded, as well as hugely welcome.

They can have £5 from me even though there's no chance I would have gone to the game, even without Covid being a factor.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I understand the situation lower league clubs are in but with Newport and their numerous cup runs and live TV showings, why are they so desperate to start a fund? I am sure in one of the early cup games, it was said that the crowd and TV money will fund them for 10 years. So, what's happened other than covid?

Edit: presumably players wages...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I understand the situation lower league clubs are in but with Newport and their numerous cup runs and live TV showings, why are they so desperate to start a fund? I am sure in one of the early cup games, it was said that the crowd and TV money will fund them for 10 years. So, what's happened other than covid?

Edit: presumably players wages...

I wouldn’t have thought the possibility of a pandemic was factored into that 10 year quote. However, football does need to become more sustainable.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Thanks,
Jamie

Well done Jamie, I'm pleased to see so many comments on the crowdfunding page from Brighton fans. We like to think Brighton fans are still proper football fans and seeing us helping other teams proves to some extent we are. Lots of us remember the amazing support given to Brighton from Fans Utd , its nice to be able to help another team in some small way

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Thanks,
Jamie

Hello mate and welcome

So we're now in the Prem, but if this situation had happened at any other time in our history, we'd probably be going to the wall. There but for the grace of god.

Loads of people came and helped us when we needed it, so consider a fiver of mine in the bucket and please ignore the bell ends (we have so many bell ends on this forum) telling you it's not a worthy cause.

Best of luck with your fundraising

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

We will put you down as a maybe :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here