Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cup game at Newport

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
FA Cup. What are you (you’re the manager btw) doing this year?

In particular, does the particular circumstances of this season make any difference to what you would do? So for example, would you think that mixing the u23 team and the first team is too much of a risk? Or do you think the greater risk is from the first team playing too many games?

Will we get Moder or Tau in, in time? Is Muzza in your thoughts?

Are you going balls out for the cup this year or sending the youth team up and chucking the game?

Interestingly, we can name 9 subs and in theory bring them all on. (plus a concussion sub). You taking advantage of the possibility of wholesale changes?

FWIW

-------------Sanchez
------White Veltman Burn
Alzate Gross Molumby March
--Jahanbaksh MacAllister
---------------Zeqiri

subs - Steele, Bernardo, Dunk, Bissouma, Propper, Trossard, Lallana, Connolly, Maupay

I’m keeping a few, resting a few, resisting the urge to promote any of our potentially covid infested teenagers and taking a look at Alzate RWB.

And, as dirty as it makes me feel, I’m going to demean this venerable competition further by pre planning 7 subs at half time

We’re second to last tie btw

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Why did I open this expecting to find an obscure song by 'The Fall'?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think we should give a few of the youngsters a chance who are, IMHO, more deserving than the likes of Ali J who have had plenty of opportunities.
I'd definitely play Molumby and Sanders in central midfield. Maybe with Davy who needs games. Would like to see Yapi on the right.
Think we should play a strong defence, possibly try White on the left of a 3. Definitely start Zeqiri.
Keep Sanchez in.
Something like....

Sanchez
Veltman Dunk White
Yapi Sanders Molumby Propper March
Mac
Zeqiri

Nice balance of youth and experience.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Walton/Steele
Veltman/Yapi White Burn Bernardo
Alzate/Gross Sanders Molumby
Macalister
Ali Zeqiri

Not sure if Alzate is fit and would think White would like to play against his old team. It would be nice to see Burn Ali and Bernardo play in there most comfortable positions

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Steele

Molumby, Veltman, Burn, Bernardo

Sanders, Moder, Macallister

Tau, Zeqiri, Ali J

Bench: people.

That is if Tau and Moder are available, obviously. Could be some more youngsters, also possible with Iziquierdo (depending on whats up with his latest injury), Murray (returning?) and Andone (he should be back... soon?) but I guess most likely none of them will be available.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will be interesting. FA / EPL guidance is to separate first teams & U23s as much as possible, so I wonder if we will see a real mix of players. I suspect we will see Saunders, Moulmby etc but probably not Yapi for U23s not training with the first team already

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Will be interesting. FA / EPL guidance is to separate first teams & U23s as much as possible, so I wonder if we will see a real mix of players. I suspect we will see Saunders, Moulmby etc but probably not Yapi for U23s not training with the first team already

Interesting. Didn't realise this, but makes a lot of sense.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Steele

Molumby, Veltman, Burn, Bernardo

Sanders, Moder, Macallister

Tau, Zeqiri, Ali J

Bench: people.

That is if Tau and Moder are available, obviously. Could be some more youngsters, also possible with Iziquierdo (depending on whats up with his latest injury), Murray (returning?) and Andone (he should be back... soon?) but I guess most likely none of them will be available.

No way Tau will be available. Played on the 27th. No word of us actually actioning the return of loan and no word of any kind of work permit application made.
Moder has to play if he is available but I'm sure we would have heard rumblings if that was a possibility.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No way Tau will be available. Played on the 27th. No word of us actually actioning the return of loan and no word of any kind of work permit application made.
Moder has to play if he is available but I'm sure we would have heard rumblings if that was a possibility.

Ahh my bad thought the Newport game was a week later than it is. Tau highly unlikely then.

What kind of "rumblings" would we have heard about Moder?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ahh my bad thought the Newport game was a week later than it is. Tau highly unlikely then.

What kind of "rumblings" would we have heard about Moder?

The repetitive sound of the net being violated by another 30 yard thunderbolt at the training ground.
Some kind of thumbs up pose on Twitter.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Hopefully the local journalists, instead of asking Potter "We're you happy when we equalised on Saturday"? in their pre match press conferences, will ask questions that we want answered.

Such as ...

"what's the situation with Tau?"
"what's the situation with Murray?"
"what's the situation with Moder?"
"what's the situation with Karbowicz?"
"what's the situation with Andone?"
"what's the situation with Izquierdo?"
"what's the situation with Alzate?"

How are we supposed to skive from work with idle speculation about football line up's without answers to these questions?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The repetitive sound of the net being violated by another 30 yard thunderbolt at the training ground.
Some kind of thumbs up pose on Twitter.

A little more net violation certainly wouldn't go amiss in the second half of the season

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"These are a good team."

Oh, sorry. That was the other fella

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here