Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma’s booking

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess I may have had very tinted blue and white specs on last night as I expected this to be mentioned, but can’t see it. Maybe on the match thread but that is way too big to wade through looking :smile:

I thought Bissouma got the ball, was I wrong? Seemed a very harsh booking to me :shrug:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I guess I may have had very tinted blue and white specs on last night as I expected this to be mentioned, but can’t see it. Maybe on the match thread but that is way too big to wade through looking :smile:

I thought Bissouma got the ball, was I wrong? Seemed a very harsh booking to me :shrug:

Yep agree with you , shame the commentators did not mention it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone mentioned it last night, but I can’t remember where, the FA cup game doesn’t count for his one for his suspension?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Some refs wouldn't have give it but frankly he was walking a tightrope after that and could easily been sent off for at least 2 of the bookable fouls he committed , to be honest i think a little rest may do him no harm at all , he's been top man over the past 6 games and missing a game though bad for us , may give his body the time it probably needs to be 100% back on it when he returns for the Leeds game .

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Perhaps best that Biss is out for City but back in time for Leeds. He has a score to settle with Bielsa so sure he'll be up for that one. Isn't Kalvin Phillips out for our game with Leeds?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps best that Biss is out for City but back in time for Leeds. He has a score to settle with Bielsa so sure he'll be up for that one. Isn't Kalvin Phillips out for our game with Leeds?

This COULD be the game we hand out a drubbing imo. Leeds will let us play and as long as we are solid in defence we could do very well. We could also get a drubbing, got to love the PL

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I thought he got the ball at first but on the replay it did look like their player knocked the ball away before Bissouma tripped him.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was more concerned no one picked on the foul against Burn, someone literally dragged him to the ground. I am not sure but I think it was when Webster hit the bar. Certain Penalty but no one mentioned it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was more concerned no one picked on the foul against Burn, someone literally dragged him to the ground. I am not sure but I think it was when Webster hit the bar. Certain Penalty but no one mentioned it.

I have mentioned this in the Trossard push thread, 2 Wolves players on Burn, and as you say he was dragged to the ground.
Where was VAR?
Someone else mentioned was it when Webster hit the bar, I’m not sure TBH, but it happened just before Burn was subbed off.

Edit - Just watched some highlights and it was the corner where Webster hit the bar.

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

100% penalty. Spurs, Man Utd et al would be all over the ref and screaming down the camera for VAR to get involved.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Bis has 'got away with' a fair few challenges, this season.

Perhaps now the referees have him as more of a marked man and his benefit of the doubt privileges have been rescinded.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dunno but very happy he got it. **** Manchester City, people **** over Leeds but that game is still infinitely more winable than City. Brighton will be nightmare game for Leeds, pretty much offering all those spaces we struggle to create, while City remains a really bad matchup that just strangles everything the guys try to do.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Wolves targeted Biss and Burn in two very different ways last night and it worked a treat. Call me cynical but this sort of thing wins games.

They were trying to get Bissouma booked at every opportunity and trying to isolate Burn against Traore at every opportunity. Why wouldn’t they? They played the ref brilliantly, ultimately denying us a one on one with the keeper when Trossard went through.

We are such a nice and fair team and it gets us nowhere.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I have mentioned this in the Trossard push thread, 2 Wolves players on Burn, and as you say he was dragged to the ground.
Where was VAR?
Someone else mentioned was it when Webster hit the bar, I’m not sure TBH, but it happened just before Burn was subbed off.

Edit - Just watched some highlights and it was the corner where Webster hit the bar.

I mentioned it on the match thread. It was assault. They were still assaulting him as he was pushed to the ground. Lamie said it happens all the time at corners but this was excessive. Not sure why they thought Burn was a threat though tbh. He headed clear one of our own attacks minutes earlier.

My big gripe is also that had that been Man Utd etc we’d have seen replays after replay and probably VAR involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here