Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Trossard "push"

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Can anyone stick up any of the replays? Why was this not reviewed? How can a clear goalscoring opportunity just be brushed aside by a ref who, for the most part had a good game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He blew his whistle end of. He was wrong but that’s it

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
He blew his whistle end of. He was wrong but that’s it

I realise this is naïve, but is this not what VAR was implemented for (to review incorrect decisions that could change the outcome of the match)?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It was silly. Once he blew the whistle I think they cant go back and allow the goal... but he shouldnt have whistled in the first place, just let it move along and then later, if he felt it was necessary, check with VAR if Trossard fouled him... poor decision. Agree he generally had a good game though.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
In football these days you cant put your hand on the defender's shoulder how Trossard did. Whether it's right or wrong, the defender felt contact, went down and the ref bought it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In football these days you cant put your hand on the defender's shoulder how Trossard did. Whether it's right or wrong, the defender felt contact, went down and the ref bought it.

No he didn’t he dived to head the ball

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If Tross had been allowed to play on it is more than likely he would have struck the woodwork anyway [emoji849]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I realise this is naïve, but is this not what VAR was implemented for (to review incorrect decisions that could change the outcome of the match)?

Once he’s blown the whistle that’s it game has stopped.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trossard was a bit bloody naive to give the referee a decision to make.
The Wolves fella would have been done all ends up even if he was alone over there.

It wasn't a foul.
It was a soft decision.
But I'm not surprised it was given, in the moment.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If Tross had been allowed to play on it is more than likely he would have struck the woodwork anyway [emoji849]

It definitely wasn’t a certain goal. The shot Trossard did would have been saved quite easily.

Who knows what he would have done if still “live” but Albion-adjusted XG was probably about 0.15 ...

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I do feel referees should be more clever with VAR, by waiting until the phase of play has been completed, then use VAR to aid their decision making.

If the ball doesn't end up in the back of the net, theres nothing doing, but if it does (which it did today), take a look at the monitor.

That's not refs bottling decisions, just using technology to their advantage

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here