Lallana - 6

Ref - 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sanchez - 5 - I really think we need another option
Veltman - 7 - untroubled, everything came down the other side
Webster - 7 - Did some of his best work in their half including the contribution for the first goal
Dunk - 8 - MOTM. Very solid, attacking threat
Burn - 4 - ouch. Not much went right for BDB against a tough opponent
White - 5 - fairly quiet in midfield and he and March failed to pick up the guy for their first
Bissouma - 5 - combative tired and not but not his best half by a long chalk.
March - 6 - worst game in a while
Trossard - 7 - an assist and a perfectly good goal ruled out
Connolly - 7 - very pleased for him, hope the injury was minor. Great overhead
Maupay - 7 - good pen but ineffectual for large periods

Propper - 7 - tidy
Zeqiri - 5 - high work rate, questionable quality
Lallana - 6

Ref - 6 - not a foul on Trossard
Potter - 7 - credit to him for changing it

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez - 5
Veltman - 7
Webster - 7.5
Dunk - 7 - looked like a captain. Possibly for the first time this season
Burn - 4
White - 4
Bissouma - 6 - looks tired
March - 5.5
Trossard - 6
Connolly - 6
Maupay - 7

Propper - 8 mom, made the difference
Zeqiri - 5.5
Lallana - 6

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 6 - close to a 5, could have done better at one of the goals (dont want to see them again right now so no details) but generally not much to complain about.

Webster 8 - excellent. Again.
Dunk 8 - great performance
Burn 3 - sorry bro, not your day, and it would have been lower if...

March 6 - ... would have helped BDB out a bit more. Did well going forward though.
Bissouma 5 - not his day.
White 6 - did ok, I understand why everyone (including me) wants him defense but he is not a bad midfielder
Veltman 7 - you know what you get from Veltman.

Trossard 8 - two assists, cant ask for more

Connolly 6 - close to a seven, nice tap-in goal and close to another
Maupay 8 - back to his old self, working like crazy, taking responsibility and doing a bit of shitehousery

Pröpper 6 - almost a 7, is a clever player who dictates the pace of the game, but also gave the ball away a few times
Zeqiri 5 - ehhrrm... on one hand, hard work and helped Dunk scoring 3-3... on the other hand not really ready yet. But I think he will come good.
Lallana 6 - always class, didnt make that much of a different tonight though

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sanchez - 6 Our keepers don’t save penalties, fine but the glove to Burn needed to be harder in another direction.

Webster - 8 MOM His now obligatory cross bar smash was accompanied by a wonder block in the box and great attacking surging runs and mostly immaculate passing.

Dunk - 7 Missed out on MOM by inextricably allowing the cross to come in for Wolves opener. Why?

Burn - 1 Scores a single point for having the balls to stay on the pitch and not sub himself.

Veltman - 7 Thought he had a very good game all round. Great positioning and a few good tackles.

Bissouma - 6 Was doing fine until he got the card and subsequent ban. Potter then removed him in case he saw red. Great management.

White - 5 Nice crisp passing but lost his man yet again leading to a goal.

March - 7 Pretty good most of the game. Threatening Wolves a lot with his positioning and running. Needs to keep learning about the art of defending though.

Maupay - 8 Huge French balls to take that penalty after his recent record. Great craft to get the penalty and ran himself into the ground as usual.

Connolly - 8 Great goal and was looking a massive threat with his runs prior to the inevitable injury.

Trossard - 8 Solid game, ref denied him our winner as he touched a diving Wolves defender.

Subs:

Pröpper - 7 Looked back to his best for us. Maybe it’s the haircut or the arrival of the transfer window?

Zeqiri - 6 Very useful actually. Just missed that cutting edge and should have tapped in a rebound.

Lallana - 7 Really controlled our direction of ply very well from midfield. I’d like to see him score one day.

Potter - 8. What a fight back after his misplaced confidence in Burn. Webster will be back playing that position I’m afraid.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Burn -2 (played out of position but useless at centre back too)
Zekiri - 2 (nowhere near a prem player, assuming he’s out on loan in jan for a big signing)
White - 3 (played out of position)

Rest 6.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Some of marks show how relieved many were forgetting about first half

Sanchez 5 Let in 3
Burn 2 Enough said Senior players and coaching staff need speak to Potter to stop this love in
Webster 5 Agree looked great going forward but first job is defending and they looked like scoring every attack through middle in first half
Dunk 6 As above plus one for goal. Captains dont have to do much so at least make sure defenders are doing what they should do at set plays
White 6 Fair. Home game so why did we need him and Bissouma in defensive role
Veltman 7 Comfortable although not a wingback. Not much defending as Wolves did homework and attacked other flank
March 6 Not very creative today compared to Trossard on right. So he can cut in and shoot usually dont mind swopping to right. However another terrible decision by Potter Why do that in first half when Burn was struggling so much
Maupay 7 Had a good game
Trossard 7 Good game although still prefer him on left of central strikers
Connelly 6 I am no fan but not right for someone to call his goal a tap in. He took it well
Zekiri 5 Maybe a bit unkind in his first game but saw little to worry defenders. Early days

Dont usually mention late subs but thought Propper looked quality. In his last games he was coming over as not working hard enough which is something no player should be accused off. Hopefully he can put energy showed tonight in for rest of season
Losing faith with Potter for terrible selection decisions plus the one mentioned about March

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez - 4

Veltman - 7
Webster - 4
Dunk - 8 MOTM
Burn - 0

White - 5 (far better once moved)
Bissouma - 5 (not his usual imperious self, a bit heads gone ... a wise substitution).
March - 5
Trossard - 5

Connolly - 7.5
Maupay - 7.5

Propper - 7
Zeqiri - 5
Lallana - 7

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Sanchez - 6

Veltman - 6
Webster - 7
Dunk - 7 Would have been an 8 but maybe should have cut the cross out for their 1st
Burn - 4 Exposed by tactics and how we are trying play
White - 5 Looked poor for their 1st goal

Bissouma - 6
March - 6
Trossard - 6.5
Connolly - 7
Maupay - 6

Propper - 6.5
Zeqiri - 6
Lallana - 6

Think a tired Wolves side 2nd half with little on the bench helped us 2nd half but at least we showed some intensity and purpose.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
sanchez - 5
veltman - 6
dunk - 8
webster - 7
burn - 1
march - 4
bissouma - 5
white - 3
trossard - 6
connolly - 6
maupay - 4

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sanchez - 4

Veltman - 7
Webster - 4
Dunk - 8 MOTM
Burn - 0

White - 5 (far better once moved)
Bissouma - 5 (not his usual imperious self, a bit heads gone ... a wise substitution).
March - 5
Trossard - 5

Connolly - 7.5
Maupay - 7.5

Propper - 7
Zeqiri - 5
Lallana - 7

Webster 4 ? ??? Thought he was excellent personally :shrug:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Webster 4 ? ??? Thought he was excellent personally :shrug:

Indeed - Webster was excellent. Played some excellent balls out of defence, came forward well, and had a great header that hit the bar. At least a 7 for me.

I thought White was decent, too....apart from the first goal. He has the same knack as Bissouma at being able to win the ball back when it looks impossible. A 6 for me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can’t do the whole lot but Connelly good, keep working with him. No more stand outs tonight apart from who we know already is a warrior and a legend.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sanchez - 6
Veltman - 7
Webster - 8
Dunk - 8
Burn - 5
White - 7
Bissouma - 6
March - 7
Trossard - 8
Connolly - 7
Maupay - 7

Propper - 8
Zeqiri - 7
Lallana - 7

Subs worked well. Burn left exposed after we went to a four and March was switched to the right.

Blimey...I've seen some exuberant marks in my time but this takes the biscuit. You are supposed to judge players over 90 mins. Burn gets a 5, which indicates a slightly below par performance ( BDB now tops the list for the worst 45 minute performance in living memory ) You have given 11 ( yes...eleven ) players marks which equate to a good performance. It was a decent second half display following a catastrophic first half. Truly appalling. We shamefully gifted an out of sorts Wolves three goals, even after taking the lead. As relieved as we were to finally take a point, your marks suggest we came back and won 5-3.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez - 5 - At fault for the 2nd goal.
Veltman - 7 Solid as usual
Webster - 8 - Excellent in the main brought the ball out well unlucky to hit the bar.
Dunk - 8 - Mixed bag mostly good. Got to close down quicker on their 1st goal
Burn - 4 - I know he cannot help a bad performance but that was horrendous
White - 6 Ball watching on their 2nd goal, ok mostly without offering a great deal. Not a midfielder.
Bissouma - 6.5 Thought he was OK 1st half assume he had a knock?
March - 6 Not to the standard of recent weeks but changed position several times and that cannot of helped.
Trossard - 7 Better than he's been for sometime
Connolly - 7 Must be cursing his luck, scores, another great effort and a good performance then does his hammy before half time.
Maupay - 7 Took the penalty well and showed a lot of heart

Propper - 8 Strong performance and will have played his way back into Potter's thoughts.
Zeqiri - 6 - Raw made some errors but also showed some glimpses of talent too.
Lallana - 6 Not on long enough to effect much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here