Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four at the back

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Won the second half 2-0, although I think we switched it before the pen. Surely time to go with a back four?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Won the second half 2-0, although I think we switched it before the pen. Surely time to go with a back four?

No, because we don't have any full backs. Veltman, White or Webster have all played RB, and could do a job there, but Burn and Bernardo aren't up to it for LB (and Solly - and for that matter Lamptey too - are wingbacks, not full backs).

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No, because we don't have any full backs. Veltman, White or Webster have all played RB, and could do a job there, but Burn and Bernardo aren't up to it for LB (and Solly - and for that matter Lamptey too - are wingbacks, not full backs).

Fairly damning isn't it, we don't have enough LBs for a four, and not no real cover for the wingback positions,

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
What's crucial now is:

Getting Lamptey back
Keeping Lallana & Propper fit
And Wellbeck more clinical

The rest around them should be fine if playing in correct position:clap2:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I was laughed at for suggesting we needed a left back three weeks ago. Bernardo back in the squad though got to be worth a try if you ask me.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think it’s both. Would be be better with Lamptey though

The problem is we have one full back in the squad and he prefers playing in the middle (Veltman). Potter has shown his hand and that is 3 at the back. So best we make the most of that.
If we played 4 centre backs it might work, but if it doesn't the response is going to typically apocalyptic on here and twitter and facebook and everywhere else.
We just need to play higher up the field, a bit more direct, more pressing, more energy.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
We switched to a back four in the first half which almost instantly led to Dan Burn being skinned alive by Traore and giving away a penalty. We also played a back four against Leicester and got slaughtered then too. Both times they attacked down our left because we play a centreback in that particular position...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If we want to do this we need to buy a LB this window tbh. Potter clearly doesn’t want or trust Bernardo. March is a LWB. On the right veltman and white would do and have the option of trying to use the Lampety pace further forward. You can’t keep playing Burn there against quick mobile wingers it’s suicide.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The fact we are 4 seasons in the premier league and don’t have a suitable left back is criminal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here