Posh end of Shoreham
7F647AAF-9FFA-46E4-888C-57F597AF01B1.jpeg

He’s wearing the correct attire tonight

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Dan Burn playing at left back against Traore is the last straw for me

Yep.

Called by some on the matchday thread before kick off. So let’s not accept the “hindsight” defence on that one.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Better than the usual ankle-swinger tracky bottoms and the same pair of Nike trainers every match.. (I sit about 20 feet away from him on match days (back in the good old days) and always wondered why he dressed like a cross between a homeless man and a smackhead).

If dressing smartly improves the team performance I'd like to see him a Tuxedo please. :)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I like the new “serious” potter attire, the only thing missing is a cosh which I think he should consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Better than the usual ankle-swinger tracky bottoms and the same pair of Nike trainers every match.. (I sit about 20 feet away from him on match days (back in the good old days) and always wondered why he dressed like a cross between a homeless man and a smackhead).

If dressing smartly improves the team performance I'd like to see him a Tuxedo please. :)

I definitely think it helps if the manager/coach looks smart in match days.
Houghton I believe realised this,at Newcastle he was a tracksuit man and he had evolved by the time he arrived with us as a very smart dresser which gave him a real commanding presence.
Tracksuits are for the training ground,match days are the big event and the manager should be smartly dressed to convey this to the players.
Hopefully potter sticks with this from now on.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This could turn out to be a defining moment in our season, Potter comes out wearing a coat...could it be his lucky coat like Jimmy Melia’s white shoes in 83
2nd half performance best I’ve seen from us since start of the season
Still no home win but hope... maybe

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Its got me wondering has something happened behind the scenes?
I say this because it felt like we saw Graham potter football manager today rather than Graham potter bhafc head coach.
Maybe ashworth has more of an influence in the team and tactics than we realise and Tony has called his management team in one by one to find out what the f**k is going on and potter has said something like"let me be Graham potter,tell ashworth to let me be Graham potter not some corporate spokesperson ,let me tell him I won't be wearing a tracksuit anymore to promote the club merchandise"
It defenetly seemed more like the Swansea Graham potter tonight in the second half.
Was potter being stifled by ashworth and bloom has intervened to unleash the real Graham potter?
I may be reading to much into his choice of clothes of course,it could be he was warmer in that coat than the other ones.
Be interesting to see how potter behaves and the team tactics going forward.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I say this because it felt like we saw Graham potter football manager today rather than Graham potter bhafc head coach.
Maybe ashworth has more of an influence in the team and tactics than we realise and Tony has called his management team in one by one to find out what the f**k is going on and potter has said something like"let me be Graham potter,tell ashworth to let me be Graham potter not some corporate spokesperson ,let me tell him I won't be wearing a tracksuit anymore to promote the club merchandise"
It defenetly seemed more like the Swansea Graham potter tonight in the second half.
Was potter being stifled by ashworth and bloom has intervened to unleash the real Graham potter?
I may be reading to much into his choice of clothes of course,it could be he was warmer in that coat than the other ones.

It could be you’re reading into it (but I enjoyed your original thoughts, who knows?). I get the impression GP and Ashworth get on well and have a good working relationship.

So most likely reason is: GP has a nice new jacket and wanted to wear it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Maybe the club had some deal with Nike that ended on December 31? Or something. Who knows.

Never thought of it before but he did dress differently (more like tonight) in ÖFK and Swansea.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It could be you’re reading into it (but I enjoyed your original thoughts, who knows?). I get the impression GP and Ashworth get on well and have a good working relationship.

So most likely reason is: GP has a nice new jacket and wanted to wear it.

Yes I think your probably right.
It just seemed like there was something different about potter tonight.
Like batman when he retired but Gotham needed him so he dusted off his old costume or Clint Eastwood in unforgiven when he went back to being badass William Munny.
I get the feeling we may start to see a different style from potter from this point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here