Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] All Brighton & Hove primary schools to switch to online learning from Monday ?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Would be great for all those parents with multiple children with one device to access online learning.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That'll come in handy for the OP.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Government should have made this decision days ago. Having lockdown, people isolating - and at the same time having all the kids going to school/college/uni always was a recipe for disaster.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Government should have made this decision days ago. Having lockdown, people isolating - and at the same time having all the kids going to school/college/uni always was a recipe for disaster.

Totally agree. Education generally did an excellent job last term but this new variant required time to rethink how to run things differently and safely alongside the rollout of the test kits in education and before the vaccine is more established in hopefully a few months time.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Wonder if east Sussex where if anything cases are rising quicker will follow suit

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Considering the facts that the groups with the largest infection rates at the moment are apparently Secondary School children and Primary School children, and that SAGE advised that schools should not be reopened at the start of term with infection rates through the roof, this was inevitable.

This incompetent government should quite clearly have made this decision, not the Unions and the Council.

As a teacher, I am enormously relieved that I will not immediately be exposed to potential danger.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Great fishing......

Primary Schools shut from Monday for two weeks

Thats not the true picture, all the schools will all still have to remain open as they did all through the original lock-down for vulnerable and key worker children, So all the school staff will still be working throughout. My wife is a school worker and and been in school throughout as she will be this week. Its only the majority of the children that won't be attending.
The point i;m making the schools will not be closed, they never have closed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thats not the true picture, all the schools will all still have to remain open as they did all through the original lock-down for vulnerable and key worker children, So all the school staff will still be working throughout. My wife is a school worker and and been in school throughout as she will be this week. Its only the majority of the children that won't be attending.
The point i;m making the schools will not be closed, they never have closed.

Wifes school not offering key worker kids creche till Wednesday

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Considering the facts that the groups with the largest infection rates at the moment are apparently Secondary School children and Primary School children, and that SAGE advised that schools should not be reopened at the start of term with infection rates through the roof, this was inevitable.

This incompetent government should quite clearly have made this decision, not the Unions and the Council.

As a teacher, I am enormously relieved that I will not immediately be exposed to potential danger.

It's a good job the supermarket workers, bus drivers, train drivers, doctors, nurses and food delivery drivers dont have the same attitude as you. Go to work (unless in a vulnerable group).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's a good job the supermarket workers, bus drivers, train drivers, doctors, nurses and food delivery drivers dont have the same attitude as you. Go to work (unless in a vulnerable group).

I have been going to work throughout lockdown. I spend my working day in close contact with 32 children and two support staff, in a room where social distancing is impossible. It is not safe, it has never been safe, and with this new strain it is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

'Go to Work'? All the scientific advice is saying that if schools open as the government had planned, the NHS will be overwhelmed. The virus will spread like wildfire. Doctors and nurses have been some of the strongest voices against schools reopening. Don't believe that you speak for them.

We will still be working long hours, providing online learning and being constantly in touch with the children.

You clearly haven't got a clue, and you seem to have swallowed The Daily Express whole.

Get back in your barrel and close the lid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here