Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A lad named Josh

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Dear Graham Potter,

In inner city Liverpool there is a lad called Josh, you don't know him and you'll probably never meet him but he's been fanatically supporting the Albion all over the North West since he was six. He has been proudly wearing the blue and white stripes for years, despite all of his friends and every other kid in his school supporting Liverpool or Everton. Today at footy training he wore his main Christmas present for the first time, the new Albion home kit with Lallana on the back. He looked amazing and as usual gave a captain’s performance, played a blinder and left everything on the pitch.

The reason I’m writing to you today is because I want you to ask the players to do everything they possibly can to get the win today. Yes, I know the Albion have needed a win for while now, the players, all the coaching staff, Tony Bloom and thousands of fans across Sussex and beyond, we all desperately want and need a win, but come the end of the day, not many of us will be left flying the flag on our own, wearing the blue and white pin stripes in inner city Liverpool.

So please, if you can, get the win. Do it for yourselves, do it for the Albion but if nothing else, please just do it for the lad you’ll never meet. A lad named Josh.

All the best,
Josh's Dad

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
"The reason I’m writing to you today is because I want you to ask the players to do everything they possibly can to get the win today"

Is this a serious post? :lolol: :sick:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds to me like:-

Josh (6) = fecking Entitled fanbase. :lol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Dear Graham Potter,

In inner city Liverpool there is a lad called Josh, you don't know him and you'll probably never meet him but he's been fanatically supporting the Albion all over the North West since he was six. He has been proudly wearing the blue and white stripes for years, despite all of his friends and every other kid in his school supporting Liverpool or Everton. Today at footy training he wore his main Christmas present for the first time, the new Albion home kit with Lallana on the back. He looked amazing and as usual gave a captain’s performance, played a blinder and left everything on the pitch.

The reason I’m writing to you today is because I want you to ask the players to do everything they possibly can to get the win today. Yes, I know the Albion have needed a win for while now, the players, all the coaching staff, Tony Bloom and thousands of fans across Sussex and beyond, we all desperately want and need a win, but come the end of the day, not many of us will be left flying the flag on our own, wearing the blue and white pin stripes in inner city Liverpool.

So please, if you can, get the win. Do it for yourselves, do it for the Albion but if nothing else, please just do it for the lad you’ll never meet. A lad named Josh.

All the best,
Josh's Dad

Dear Josh's Dad

Thank you for your kind message.
HUFF PUFF HUFF PUFF PRRRFFFFFFF....
As you know we come up against decent opposition in the PL.
HUFF PUFF HUFF PUFF PRRRFFFFFFF...
They are all very good teams.
We need to take our chances, when given the opportunity, so today.
I am going to play with 9 defenders and 1 forward.
So we can have a chance of not conceding.

All the best
Graham 'HUFF PUFF HUFF PUFF PRRRFFFFFF' Potter

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dear Josh's dad,

It's a struggle for the Albion at the moment. It's a tough league. We could even be relegated. But there's something more important you need to tell your lad.

It's vey easy to support a team because they are successful. This is true of many lads his age. But what he is doing is greater than that. He is following a family tradition- not following the crowd.

As he grows up he'll realise that this has more meaning than seeing trophy after trophy added to the teams cabinet. And when the team do well it will mean so much more.

You see, football isn't just about success. It's about highs and lows, but most importantly it's about the great game and the community itself. It's about struggles and strife. It's about enjoying the history and heritage of your family's traditions. It's about so much more than the game itself. It's a reflection of life itself.

So if Albion don't win today it will be frustrating. But remember this. He'll still love his team anyway and you can be proud that he didn't choose the easy way but chose the best way. If it wasn't for people like him teams like Albion wouldn't exist and football would be poorer.

All the best,

Every genuine football fan in the country.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Dear Josh's dad,

It's a struggle for the Albion at the moment. It's a tough league. We could even be relegated. But there's something more important you need to tell your lad.

It's vey easy to support a team because they are successful. This is true of many lads his age. But what he is doing is greater than that. He is following a family tradition- not following the crowd.

As he grows up he'll realise that this has more meaning than seeing trophy after trophy added to the teams cabinet. And when the team do well it will mean so much more.

You see, football isn't just about success. It's about highs and lows, but most importantly it's about the great game and the community itself. It's about struggles and strife. It's about enjoying the history and heritage of your family's traditions. It's about so much more than the game itself. It's a reflection of life itself.

So if Albion don't win today it will be frustrating. But remember this. He'll still love his team anyway and you can be proud that he didn't choose the easy way but chose the best way. If it wasn't for people like him teams like Albion wouldn't exist and football would be poorer.

All the best,

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Dear Josh's dad,

All the best,

Is the correct answer. Btw Josh is thirteen now and we haven’t seen Brighton win a match live since we were in the Championship. We go to 2-3 away games in the NW each season. UTA.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I was the only kid that had a Brighton kit at my secondary school. All the other kids had utd, liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea shirts. I know exactly how Josh feels.

I went to Patcham High in the early 90's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here