Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Its Time For Us Fans To Revert To Desperate Belief In The Illogical - Let's Get A Win

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Superstition means nothing. Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as bogey teams.

However, where prayer is the last refuge of the scoundrel, superstition is the last refuge of the struggling football fan. Okay there are problems with scoring and we concede too easily and our Xg means nothing if we don't make it's predictions reality, but we are further apart from our Xg predicted league position than I have ever seen anyone be since they introduced it. Refs have given penalties against us for fouls outside the box, non fouls outside the box and for offences committed after the game has finished. In short, we can't do anything about the real failings of our squad, but we can give ourselves the illusion of control by carrying out pointless rituals. We've got Wolves today and they have been our bunnies for years. Its our opportunity to change this non-existent luck thing in our favour, or at least fool ourselves that we can. In the current climate we could all do with feeling like we have some control over something, even if it is just football results.

I've just found my chunk of concrete from the North Stand and made my confused family wish on it for a home win today like it was Aladdin's lamp. Lets all find lucky pennies, put on our special pants, do pre match rituals even though we can't go to the game. We have five hours. We can change things with the power of hope (We can't really).

No comments about our failings please. This a thread that hopes to rely heavily on the mindless optimism card. What pointless desperate nonsense can you do today to save our season?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Allelujah Stato. I'm going to go find some lucky pants and hang them in front of the TV for us all to pray to. Up the Albion!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This morning I saw two magpies in the garden, a certain prediction of joy to come if ever there was one. I'm confidently predicting nothing less than a barnstorming 1-0 and a 2021 where we win every home game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe the reverse to be true.

Anything with the moniker 'lucky' needs to be dis-guarded for today's game.
It clearly hasn't been lucky.

New Year
New Team
New Luck.

Jnr is hoping after tonight's game 2021 will bring forth a year of:-

"Lucky Pizza Hut"

My jeans, belt, bank balance and cholesterol level are hoping otherwise.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm going to muster every last bit of positivity and try and send positives vibes throughout our squad of mighty Albion warriors.

Na, f*** it. What's the point? I'll save my energy. We'll still lose.:shrug:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Following the last game I slipped into the Potter-out camp. However, I have an odd feeling that we'll win 2-0 tonight, based off of no tangible proof. My score predictions are rarely correct, but oh well, I'd love GP to turn it around so I'm going to stick with the mindless optimism too!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I'm going to muster every last bit of positivity and try and send positives vibes throughout our squad of mighty Albion warriors.

Na, f*** it. What's the point? I'll save my energy. We'll still lose.:shrug:

You really are a miserable bleeder, aren't you?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Following the last game I slipped into the Potter-out camp. However, I have an odd feeling that we'll win 2-0 tonight, based off of no tangible proof. My score predictions are rarely correct, but oh well, I'd love GP to turn it around so I'm going to stick with the mindless optimism too!

Virtually never post on the predictor thread but I went for the same score yesterday. Clearly a sign :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Virtually never post on the predictor thread but I went for the same score yesterday. Clearly a sign :thumbsup:

This morning I said 28-28 with a dull second half, and am sticking by it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
C’mon, give me a bit of time to build my positive vibe up! Small acorns and all that!:clap2:

:thumbsup:

See you for the post match meltdown! (More likely the team sheet meltdown though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here