Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sergio Romero

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What’s the Twitter account reliability like? Can’t see anything on the screenshot so keen to know...

The article was from a South American sports paper, and there were 3 tweets all saying more or less the same thing. All between 23k to 35 k followers.

I can’t find them now. Sorry.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Okay. Why do we need 3 GKS plus McGill and Rushworth?
As has been explained to you - Walton’s nearly out of contract, and did you see Steele during the 90’mins of his cup game? He’s not Prem quality. 3 decent keepers is the min requirement- one injury and you’re down to the bare bones

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We'd better splash out for a GK then who will deputise for Sanchez if he's injured or suspended, but otherwise won't even be on the bench, because that's Steele's job. Good luck with the recruitment campaign - £10M budget enough? - worth every penny, obvs,

I’m sure the club are on it. Either negotiating with Walton over a new contract or sign someone now and sell/ loan Walton. Romero wouldn’t be expensive, he’s also out of contract in the summer.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We don’t, Walton would then be free to go out on loan - Nathan wants him at Luton for one

Walton has said that IF he needed a goalkeeper, he would be happy to sign Walton....... BUT he doesn’t need one at the moment.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Looks like he's off to Valencia.

Potter has also said he's not looking to bring in a keeper.

'Potter was asked if the club would be looking to replace Ryan.

"No I don't see any change," he said. "We're happy with those three [Sanchez, Steele and Walton].

"They have different attributes and personalities but are a good mix."

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I think Sanchez has been fantastic since he came in and deserves a continued run in the team.
However, Romero is a vastly experienced, talented keeper who I'd be happy to see at the club. First world problems on the goalie front.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Looks like he's off to Valencia.

Potter has also said he's not looking to bring in a keeper.

'Potter was asked if the club would be looking to replace Ryan.

"No I don't see any change," he said. "We're happy with those three [Sanchez, Steele and Walton].

"They have different attributes and personalities but are a good mix."

Makes sense. Romero wouldn’t want to be back up.

People need to like it or not, but it looks like the club are happy to put their faith in Sanchez being our number one. I for one support it, the guy is an incredible talent and has been immense since getting into the team.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes and the club need to focus on acquiring a striker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

Going into the second half of the season with our current options is a big risk. Sanchez has done well, but if he makes a couple of mistakes he wouldn't be the first young keeper to suffer a confidence crisis and then we are in trouble

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What’s the Twitter account reliability like? Can’t see anything on the screenshot so keen to know...

There is only one uk Twitter account that has pushed this - and despite a large amount of followers - it has a long history going back several windows of speculation and guesswork - and no journalism - focused mostly on the Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here