Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 1-4/1

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
New year, new Albion?

Not conceding from set piece after set piece?

Getting close to our xG every now and again?

Dominating games AND winning them?

Friday 1st January 2021
Everton v West Ham United (17:30) - BT Sport
Man Utd v Aston Villa (20:00) - Sky Sports

Saturday 2nd January 2021
Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds United (12:30) - BT Sport
Crystal Palace v Sheffield United (15:00) - Sky Sports
Brighton & Hove Albion v Wolves (17:30) - Sky Sports
West Brom v Arsenal (20:00) - BT Sport

Sunday 3rd January 2021
Burnley v Fulham (12:00) - Sky Sports
Newcastle United v Leicester City (14:15) - Sky Sports
Chelsea v Man City (16:30) - Sky Sports

Monday 4th January 2021
Southampton v Liverpool (20:00) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 11.28.37.png

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Which games are going to be postponed this round?

It seems inconceivable that the players who caused postponements in the last week will suddenly be ok to play (surely breaking the isolation rules), so surely there must be at least the Man City and Fulham games off.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Burnley v Fulham interesting?

Do we want Fulham to win,so there's another team to aim at

Or

Burnley to win and cut adrift the bottom 3 ?

The latter for me

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

It seems inconceivable that the players who caused postponements in the last week will suddenly be ok to play (surely breaking the isolation rules), so surely there must be at least the Man City and Fulham games off.

The problem isn’t the players that tested positive coming back, it’s the risk of infection at the time of others in the squad. A second or even third round of testing should help confirm who can or can’t still play

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Man City returned no further positive tests and their training ground re-opened earlier in the week so, barring anything new coming to light, they'll be playing.

In both cases, I don't think the postponements were due to the number of players who had tested positive - they would just sit out like any other injured player - but it was concern at how many other players could be infected who had yet to return positive test results.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Burnley v Fulham interesting?

Do we want Fulham to win,so there's another team to aim at

Or

Burnley to win and cut adrift the bottom 3 ?

The latter for me

Fully agree. If we're not quite at the stage of hoping for other teams' misfortune to help us, we aren't far off it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Disappointed I can only get 4/1 for SU besting Palace....they have to win sometime...or do they ..still might hedge it with a draw bet

We r still slight favourites at Betfair ....Wolves dont score many ...surprised longest odds r a draw

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As it is still 'goodwill' time, I wish all he best to Sheff Utd, Leicester and the Arse.

We need a little green in our form line and pronto. Burnley have turned it round - no reason we can't.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Disappointed I can only get 4/1 for SU besting Palace....they have to win sometime...or do they ..still might hedge it with a draw bet

We r still slight favourites at Betfair ....Wolves dont score many ...surprised longest odds r a draw
I can see Palace hammering them like they did WBA.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Man City returned no further positive tests and their training ground re-opened earlier in the week so, barring anything new coming to light, they'll be playing.

In both cases, I don't think the postponements were due to the number of players who had tested positive - they would just sit out like any other injured player - but it was concern at how many other players could be infected who had yet to return positive test results.

It seems a bit odd, to be honest. Surely all teams are in the position of awaiting tests that could be positive. I appreciate that they acted pro-actively as tests came in, but I’d have thought they’d have a regime to make sure all tests were done and back in time for each match to take place.

Anyway, nice that they were able to have a rest. It’ll make things more difficult later when the fixtures pile up, though.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
With West Ham's goalkeeper Lucas Fabianski getting injured in the warm-up at Everton they've put Randolph in goal.
I was amazed to see that they were still able to name David Martin on the bench.

Do you think most Premier League teams travel with three goalkeepers?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

IF the Walker rumours are true I’m not sure how City can ask for more postponements as the cause of the outbreak looks like being lack of player control.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Given up on WH v Everton, now watching the MASSIVE v Wayne Rooney’s Derby.

I hope we’re not relegated, the standard is laughably bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here