Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MBE

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The funniest ever Saint and Greavesy show was the one when Jimmy was ill and they used his Spitting Image puppet, comedy genius

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
He was a genius striker and my favourite player apart from Wardy and any other Albion players. He just accelerated past people and was such a natural finisher - the feint, the drop of the shoulder etc. I was really disappointed when he got injured in the WC even though Hurst proved to be the real deal in 66

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Being a spring chicken, I never got to see him play, but I loved Saint and Greavsie. A real character. Not sure if playing football should get you an MBE but he's a true character. In fact f*** it, why not. Congratulations Jimmy!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I had always assumed he already had something.

His goals per game record is astonishing.

422 goals in 602 club appearances. Plus 44 goals in only 57 England games.

He is only 80. Could do a job.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
When footballers were honest,stayed on their feet and just scored goals

They say football has never been so good
What a load of bo.locks!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Watched the documentary on BT Sport last night. Excellent viewing if you’ve got 90 mins free.
Particularly laughed out loud at his reference to the bell end that is Mick Channon.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Love the goal celebration as well, no silly little dances or running to the crowd for adulation. Just wish someone would remind the BBC that football existed before the Premier League then compare Shearer's record to Greaves

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here