Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter's Wolves Press Conference

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Haven't listened to the press conference. Does he go into details of how we are going to turn our home form around in 2021? Perhaps we are going to try not playing midfielders in the next match or maybe no defenders against Man City.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting to hear that Tau seems to be on his way, looks like I was crazy wrong about that a month ago or so. Will be exciting to see him. Probably rules out another winger signing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When did Graham Potter become manager of Wolves? ???

Jul 7, 2003
If it is anything like Mac Allister, we won't see Percy (or Moder) until Potter has us in the Championship next season.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, from the sound of it, no Lallana, Wellbeck or lamptey at least.... lump on Wolves then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How he managed to sit through those questions without becoming abusive is beyond me. 'Would a win against Wolves be a perfect start to the year?' was a particular cracker. He was that close to saying 'Nah, mate. ****ing diabilocal that would be. You ****'. I would have. That's why I've been on so many 'disciplinaries' :lolol: Instead he sort of spluttered a guffaw. :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shite he got pissed off by that question about him "tinkering".

Not listened but you’d be amazed at how many long term fans don’t “get” squad rotation when playing 3 games in 8 days

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His answer to the 'tinker' question was excellent. Top man.

Edit "I don't think the groundsman would be too happy if we trained at the Amex". Someone tell the journalist dick that we have a training centre in Shoreham. Even I know that and I live 80 sodding miles away.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He'd best get used to that particular question :lol:

jkjlfel1pe061.jpg

One month ago, sixth least lineup changes... dont think its changed that much.

Looks like the 1960s ended in other clubs as well, plenty of managers using more than eleven players over a season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not listened but you’d be amazed at how many long term fans don’t “get” squad rotation when playing 3 games in 8 days

He didn't sound pissed off to me. He simply dug the journalist out. It was quite amusing.

Disciple

Dec 27, 2020

If you have two fit strikers you are happy to play, does it make sense to play both in one game and neither in the next? Or better to play one in either? Then play Maupay both and leave him out against Wolves. This is when it counts, especially when you don't beat West Ham and NEED goals.

That's essentially what it comes down to. He looked for a result against West Ham and basically just ignored the Arsenal game. Short sighted approach to management and it's simply basic mistakes.

Also, Leeds managed it perfectly well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here