Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tommy Docherty RIP

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Tommy, amazing character and marvellous communicator, he had a great innings !

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Turned Utd round after their relegation.

Didn’t he run off with the physio’s wife?

True character - RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
RIP.

He used to live just up the road from me on the outskirts of Manchester. I remember the press scrum outside his house when he got caught having his affair with Mary Brown. Cost him the Man U job although I think they were still together before he died.

A true legend of the game and a real character. Although he had real flaws he was a true football man who had his teams playing a really attractive style.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
A real character and a great football man. I may be misquoting but I think it was he who said after another of his sackings or misdemeanours
One door closes..... .another one slams in your face!

Always good value - RIP Tommy

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A true legend of the game and a real character. Although he had real flaws he was a true football man who had his teams playing a really attractive style.

This is true: that Chelsea team of his played with some real swagger and his United team used two wingers, just when many teams were ditching them.

One of the last football characters, RIP

Met him once when he was manager of Aston Villa and were playing Arsenal. They were having their prematch meal at a hotel I was working aat in Seven Sisters Road which is now a block of flats. Friendly chap, happy to stop for a chat.

RIP Tom

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Strangely enough, whilst sitting here waiting for my covid test result, I watched the new Denis Law documentary on Sky today. Pretty good it was too
Towards the end they mentioned Tommy Docherty, being his last manager at MUFC. So I wondered, is The Doc still alive?
Wikipedia confirmed it so 👍 92 years old in fact.
Yet evidently not, poor chap.
RIP The Doc

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Motorway services encounter

Met the great man at a motorway services on the way back from an away game many years ago. He was QPR manager at the time. I had the distinction of sharing a urinal with Tony Currie and Steve Wicks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great wit as well as charismatic manager.

I’ve had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
RIP

His United side stopped Liverpool from doing the treble

Classic Cup Final that

3 goals in the space of about 5 minutes

Seem to remember a photo of TD with the lid of the Cup on his head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here