Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Duplicate Accounts

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The issue of multiple duplicate accounts has come up yet again on this thread https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?384780-5th-Avenue-incident

Now I can understand how a lot of the humorous double accounts are tolerated (Dr No, Man from Del Monte, Pretty Pink Fairy etc etc) but when a Poster sets up numerous duplicate accounts for the sole purpose of misleading and lying to the rest of NSC, can I ask why this is allowed to continue ?

I seem to remember a prospective politician on NSC getting fairly short thrift with their second account. I am interested to know why that wasn't tolerated but other examples are ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The issue of multiple duplicate accounts has come up yet again on this thread https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?384780-5th-Avenue-incident

Now I can understand how a lot of the humorous double accounts are tolerated (Dr No, Man from Del Monte, Pretty Pink Fairy etc etc) but when a Poster sets up duplicate accounts for the sole purpose of misleading and lying to the rest of the NSC users, can I ask why this is allowed to continue ?

I seem to remember a prospective politician on NSC getting fairly short thrift with their second account. I am interested to know why that wasn't tolerated but other examples are ?

Piss off Timmy

D

Deleted member 2719

Now I can understand how a lot of the humorous double accounts are tolerated (Dr No, Man from Del Monte, Pretty Pink Fairy etc etc) but when a Poster sets up numerous duplicate accounts for the sole purpose of misleading and lying to the rest of NSC, can I ask why this is allowed to continue ?

Nice one Watford, smoke and mirrors applied so we don't spot you are actually a multiple account holder.

1 out of 10.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nice one Watford, smoke and mirrors applied so we don't spot you are actually a multiple account holder.

1 out of 10.

I've learned not to partake in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. I wouldn't want to be accused of bullying again :bigwave:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The thread we both spend far too much time on is awash with tedious second accounts continually misleading and fibbing. The mods can clearly identify multiple accounts when they want to.... naming and shaming all of them would clearly put your mind at rest (leave your ones private obvs!).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The thread we both spend far too much time on is awash with tedious second accounts continually misleading and fibbing. The mods can clearly identify multiple accounts when they want to.... naming and shaming all of them would clearly put your mind at rest (leave your ones private obvs!).

Can't they hide their IP address through a secure VPN?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another pathetic attempt by the OP to have a dig at our Dear Leader.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sorry, but have to ask: why on earth would you - or anyone really - even give any kind of a shit? What GIVES? ???

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Only if you limit accounts to one per household - that would seem a little unfair.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Multiple accounts are tolerated when they're clearly humorous* in nature. Where we get very twitchy is when they are being abused - specifically, in order to present entirely opposite opinions about topics that actually matter to the members of the community: eg politics, racism, Potter in/out etc, vote rigging on such topics etc. Sometimes, they even post an opinion about a contentious issue and then reply to the post in a matter of minutes from another account posting the opposite view. This is viewed as provocative trolling.

Where these things have been identified from long-standing members, approaches have been made to the offending real-life person asking them them to cease and desist. Generally, such representations are acknowledged and acted upon. Occasionally, they are acknowledged and then not acted upon. That tends to piss us off.

*It is accepted that what is humorous to some is not to others - that's why there is a mod towers; to allow discussion and striving to gain consensus. Obvs, Bozza has the power of veto over any decision - a veto that, in my experience, is seldom used.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sorry, but have to ask: why on earth would you - or anyone really - even give any kind of a shit? What GIVES? ???

It’s bizarre isn’t it, thankfully you don’t spend much time in Watford’s Brexit Pit so you won’t get his sad obsession, sadly on some posts he suggests it’s impossible to establish multiple accounts then others he seems to think Mods do have the ability!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Multiple accounts are tolerated when they're clearly humorous* in nature. Where we get very twitchy is when they are being abused - specifically, in order to present entirely opposite opinions about matters that actually matter to the members of the community: eg politics, racism, Potter in/out etc, vote rigging on such topics etc.

Where these things have been identified, approaches have been made to the offending real-life person asking them them to cease and desist. Generally, such representations are acknowledged and acted upon. Occasionally, they are acknowledged and then not acted upon. That tends to piss us off.

*It is accepted that what is humorous to some is not to others - that's why there is a mod towers; to allow discussion and striving to gain consensus. Obvs, Bozza has the power of veto over any decision - a veto that, in my experience, is seldom used.

So ultimately what you’re suggesting is there aren’t as many multiple accounts being used on the Brexit thread as WZ thinks [emoji23][emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here