Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hello To Our Antipodean Friends.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Could you let us know what 2021 is like so we can be prepared ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Happy New year.

COVID cases again here in Victoria. We celebrated today by reintroducing some restrictions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Could you let us know what 2021 is like so we can be prepared ?

This reminds me a little of our preparations for the 'Millennium Bug' (ask your Dad, he'll remember :) :)

At one point, our boss said something along the lines of 'why are we spending all this time and money preparing for the unknown? I'll just ring a friend in Australia at lunchtime on New Year's Eve - if there are any problems, they will have had them first, and we can fix them here before midnight. We were never entirely sure if he was serious or not....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This reminds me a little of our preparations for the 'Millennium Bug' (ask your Dad, he'll remember :) :)

At one point, our boss said something along the lines of 'why are we spending all this time and money preparing for the unknown? I'll just ring a friend in Australia at lunchtime on New Year's Eve - if there are any problems, they will have had them first, and we can fix them here before midnight. We were never entirely sure if he was serious or not....

My favourite quote from then was a colleague who asked "Why can't we simply do the same as we did last time it happened" :lolol:

I was also paid £500 just to be on call on 31/12/1999 and as suspected, nothing happened :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My favourite quote from then was a colleague who asked "Why can't we simply do the same as we did last time it happened" :lolol:

I was also paid £500 just to be on call on 31/12/1999 and as suspected, nothing happened :thumbsup:

£500? Blimey I only got £100.

There were hours and hours of work put into reprogramming to make sure nothing did happen. Be prepared as some boy scout once said.

I wish things did magically get better because the date changes, but this coming year will have some sad and some happy times just the same as any other year. One day at a time (end of philosophy)

Happy New Year folks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here