Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 5th Avenue incident

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Pictures today of a gang of around 25 young teenagers attacking a bmw in the middle of 5th Ave New York.

Could only see about 5 faces , all looked like young black teenagers dressed in sports wear .

The BMW had a family inside and the mob were throwing their bikes at the car trying to break the windows . The car was in the middle of the road and doesn’t look like it was involved in any accident at all with any of the bike riders .

Must have been horrendous for the family inside . Read reports of lots of horrific stuff in areas like the bronx but never in central Manhattan- makes me feel very sad for my city .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pictures today of a gang of around 25 young teenagers attacking a bmw in the middle of 5th Ave New York.

Could only see about 5 faces , all looked like young black teenagers dressed in sports wear .

The BMW had a family inside and the mob were throwing their bikes at the car trying to break the windows . The car was in the middle of the road and doesn’t look like it was involved in any accident at all with any of the bike riders .

Must have been horrendous for the family inside . Read reports of lots of horrific stuff in areas like the bronx but never in central Manhattan- makes me feel very sad for my city .

Cool Story Bro

Run for your lives!! Blacks reach Manhattan!

Were you capable of reading the accompanying article or did you just see some angry black people and assume they were in the wrong?

What a silly thread from a very stupid poster

Mods: Lock it, bin it and we'll win it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Why don't you start a poll over who was to blame and use all your four accounts to tick the box you want to win?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
When I see photos of a group of teenagers jumping all over a car with a family inside and throwing their bikes at it and jumping up and down on the roof of the car , I obviously think this is perfectly normal way for civilised people to act !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When I see photos of a group of teenagers jumping all over a car with a family inside and throwing their bikes at it and jumping up and down on the roof of the car , I obviously think this is perfectly normal way for civilised people to act !

I'm not commenting on the picture. haven't seen it. I'm commenting on the fact you don't have a clue what the story is about. Was there no caption? No accompanying narrative or article?
There was just a picture, with no context? No text even? Just a lone picture with no description?

You ludicrous child.

Point of fact ; Just because rich people live in Manhattan and drive around in BMW's, don't assume they are civilised.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
For someone who has lived in Manhattan, I have never witnessed anything like this before - hence my shock . Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised at the way some people behave .

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Cool Story Bro

Were you capable of reading the accompanying article or did you just see some angry black people and assume they were in the wrong?

What a silly thread from a very stupid poster

Mods: Lock it, bin it and we'll win it.

Have you got a link to the article that you mention please?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For someone who has lived in Manhattan, I have never witnessed anything like this before - hence my shock . Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised at the way some people behave .

Any news on what the story was about? Perhaps a link or something?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Civilised??

There's where you go wrong you're talking about America

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I actually thought this was in Hove.....

But now I realise that this, of millions of rotten incidents happening around the world, is being used to fuel as race debate. One of my bingo card of five has arrived already.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Cool Story Bro

I don't think the OP quite deserved to receive such a furious preach. What happened there was not in any way forgivable - no matter what happened leading up to it.

Irrespective of skin colour, ethnicity, sexual orientation (etc) a gang of youths riding round the streets with absolutely no regard for law, order or people is just plain wrong and if that's the way NYC is heading it's a sad state of affairs.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I'm not commenting on the picture. haven't seen it. I'm commenting on the fact you don't have a clue what the story is about. Was there no caption? No accompanying narrative or article?
There was just a picture, with no context? No text even? Just a lone picture with no description?

You ludicrous child.

A story today about a car being attacked by a group of about 25 teenagers all on bikes . No real story as such as nothing happened other than this gang attacking this car . Why is that ludicrous to you - suspect it wouldn’t be if it was your car that had been attacked in this way and your family inside - not so funny then eh .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A story today about a car being attacked by a group of about 25 teenagers all on bikes . No real story as such as nothing happened other than this gang attacking this car . Why is that ludicrous to you - suspect it wouldn’t be if it was your car that had been attacked in this way and your family inside - not so funny then eh .

No. I said you are ludicrous. I don't know anything about the story except your claims.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Boy, 15, is arrested for smashing a BMW's windshield with his bike when gang of 25 teens stopped the SUV on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue, spat on the windows and stomped on the hood

By Karen Ruiz and Andrew Court For Dailymail.com and Chris Jewers and Julian Robinson for MailOnline
07:14, 31 Dec 2020 , updated 11:17, 31 Dec 2020
+17
shares
237 comments
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested and charged as a juvenile after he was allegedly seen damaging a BMW
The attack by a gang of teenagers in Manhattan occurred on Fifth Avenue and corner of 21st street on Tuesday
Dozens of youths on bicycles were filmed stopping traffic and targeted a BMW SUV in the afternoon
Several of the teens began smashing up the vehicle and tried to open its doors to get to those inside the car
His mother was in the car at the time and believed she was going to be killed in the seemingly random attack
'That's something like you would see on the streets of a war zone. I never thought New York would get this bad,' the car's driver, Max Torgovnick, stated, adding that he feared for his and his mother's lives
With police nowhere to be seen, the incident comes as New York struggles to deal with soaring rates of violent crime after officials agreed to slash the NYPD's budget by up to $1 billion earlier this year
A terrified driver has described how dozens of teenagers launched a brazen attack on his SUV in New York City as his 74-year-old mother screamed 'They are going to kill us'.

Horrifying video shows a gang on bicycles smashing up Max Torgovnick's luxury BMW on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue in broad daylight on Tuesday.

Top Articles
by Daily Mail
Australia farewells horror year in
New Year's Eve celebrations
Covid UK: Crackdown on illegal New Year street parties
Australia farewells horror year in New Year's Eve celebrations with Sydney's CBD deserted
Is the great vaccine drive by Easter doomed already? Volunteers army has NOT been recruited
Animal lover adopts fox cub who befriended her pug and springer spaniel
Coronavirus-stricken pregnant Virgin Atlantic stewardess, 34, left homeless after fire destroys home
SKIP AD

The 36-year-old son of a neurologist, from Upper East Side, was behind the wheel when a mob of teens started leaping on the vehicle and stomping on its windshield as his elderly mother wept beside him.

A 15-year-old boy has since been arrested over the attack which occurred in the middle of a busy street in Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon - evidence that Big Apple officials are failing to protect residents amid surging rates of violent crime.

A second teenage boy involved in the attack has also been identified and is now being sought by police, according to the Post.

Torgovnick was driving in the BMW with his mother when they encountered the large group of youngsters biking up Fifth Avenue near 21st Street.

Speaking to the CBS New York, Torgovnick said that during the attack he feared he and his mother could be killed.

'When he smashed the glass, at that point my biggest fear was, they're going to get in the car, they're going to pull me out, and I could be killed,' Torgovnick told the network.

Gang of kids on bikes smash up SUV after blocking 5th Ave

Progress: 0%0:00
Play
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration Time 0:40
Fullscreen
A woman says she thought she was going to be killed after a gang of teenagers surrounded her SUV and began smashing it up in New York City +17
A woman says she thought she was going to be killed after a gang of teenagers surrounded her SUV and began smashing it up in New York City
The shocking incident occurred in broad daylight in the heart of Manhattan on Tuesday +17
The shocking incident occurred in broad daylight in the heart of Manhattan on Tuesday
'We were trapped, there was so much violence, I thought I was going to die,' the terrified female passenger and mother of Torgovnick reportedly said +17
'We were trapped, there was so much violence, I thought I was going to die,' the terrified female passenger and mother of Torgovnick reportedly said
Max Torgovnick (pictured) a 36-year-old son of a neurologist from Upper East Side, was behind the wheel when the mob of teens started leaping on the vehicle and stomping on its windshield as his elderly mother wept beside him +17
Max Torgovnick (pictured) a 36-year-old son of a neurologist from Upper East Side, was behind the wheel when the mob of teens started leaping on the vehicle and stomping on its windshield as his elderly mother wept beside him
'All I could hear was my mother crying and screaming. That's what haunts me the most,' he added, before recalling how his car was surrounded after one of the bikers crashed into the back of the car.

'Before I knew it, my mom is crying. She's screaming into the phone to the 911 operator, "Help! Send help! We are going to die. They are going to kill us,"' he added.

The shocking incident occurred in the middle of a busy street in Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon - evidence that Big Apple officials are failing to protect residents amid surging rates of violent crime.

The pair had just dropped off a holiday donation to a local charity when their vehicle was viciously set upon.

TOP STORIES
SHOWBIZ
SPORT

LIVE TOP STORIES
thumbnail
Channel 4’s to air full nudity sex scenes
site icon
Metro·12hrs ago
See more versions
thumbnail
Karren Brady's daughter Sophia Peschisolido puts on an eye-popping display in a TINY tie-dye bikini as her Dubai vacation continues
site icon
MailOnline·4hrs ago
See more versions
thumbnail
James Corden Admits Homesickness Could Lead To Him Ending US Presenting Career
site icon
HuffPost·2hrs ago
See more versions
thumbnail
Emmerdale star devastating illness
site icon
Metro·5hrs ago
See more versions
thumbnail
Katie Price’s daughter permanently banned from Tik Tok for breaking rules
site icon
Metro·1hr ago
See more versions
thumbnail
LOUISE SECRET JAMIE HEARTACHE
site icon
Daily Star·15hrs ago
See more versions
thumbnail
Craig David and Sheila Hancock lead celebs in New Year Honours list 2021
site icon
Daily Mirror·13hrs ago
See more versions
Click here to view more
According to eyewitnesses, the teens began blocking traffic and started to attack the luxury car.

Shocking video shows several teens punching the BMW's windows and stomping on its hood.

One youngster can be seen jumping on top of the SUV and smashing in its front windshield.

Bystanders say there were up to 50 teens on the scene, many of whom cheered as the windshield was kicked in.

RELATED ARTICLES

Louisiana State Trooper shoots himself dead during a police raid on his home - months after he made headlines for sending a racist slur to a black colleague

New Yorker's snap their last glimpse of Times Square of 2020 before it shuts down to the public for New Year's Eve for the first time ever - as NYPD issues stern warning 'not to even attempt to come watch it'
The cowardly collective of youngsters quickly fled on their bicycles as pedestrians shouted at them to go home.

Pictured: A still from the video of the incident which saw a group of teenagers attacking the SUV in Manhattan. Shown from two angles, one of the teenagers is seen jumping on the windshield of the car, smashing it in the centre with both feet +17
Pictured: A still from the video of the incident which saw a group of teenagers attacking the SUV in Manhattan. Shown from two angles, one of the teenagers is seen jumping on the windshield of the car, smashing it in the centre with both feet
Pictured: A still from the video of the incident which saw a group of teenagers attacking the SUV in Manhattan. Shown from two angles, one of the teenagers is seen jumping on the windshield of the car, smashing it in the centre with both feet +17
Pictured: A still from the video of the incident which saw a group of teenagers attacking the SUV in Manhattan. Shown from two angles, one of the teenagers is seen jumping on the windshield of the car, smashing it in the centre with both feet
Another still taken from videos of the attack on the SUV. In this picture, one of the teens is seen using his bicycle to hit the front of the vehicle. The same moment is shown from two angles +17
Another still taken from videos of the attack on the SUV. In this picture, one of the teens is seen using his bicycle to hit the front of the vehicle. The same moment is shown from two angles
Another still taken from videos of the attack on the SUV. In this picture, one of the teens is seen using his bicycle to hit the front of the vehicle. The same moment is shown from two angles +17
Another still taken from videos of the attack on the SUV. In this picture, one of the teens is seen using his bicycle to hit the front of the vehicle. The same moment is shown from two angles
The car was surrounded by the group of up to 50 teenagers, according to witnesses to the attack. One of the teenagers was filmed trying to smash one of the rear windows of the car as it was surrounded by the mob +17
The car was surrounded by the group of up to 50 teenagers, according to witnesses to the attack. One of the teenagers was filmed trying to smash one of the rear windows of the car as it was surrounded by the mob
The car was surrounded by the group of up to 50 teenagers, according to witnesses to the attack. One of the teenagers was filmed trying to smash one of the rear windows of the car as it was surrounded by the mob +17
The car was surrounded by the group of up to 50 teenagers, according to witnesses to the attack. One of the teenagers was filmed trying to smash one of the rear windows of the car as it was surrounded by the mob
Another witness said the attackers spat on the car and broke a handle as they tried to open the door and get inside.

The BMW was adorned with medical license plates, but that did nothing to deter the gang of brazen teens.

Torgovnick was forced to dial 911 with police nowhere to be seen. By the time cops arrived at the scene, the teens had sped off.

One witness said Torgovnick's mother was 'shaking and in tears'.

As the driver of the car tried to escape, the mob of teens continued to follow the SUV down the Manhattan street. The BMW was adorned with medical license plates, but that did nothing to deter the gang of brazen teens +17
As the driver of the car tried to escape, the mob of teens continued to follow the SUV down the Manhattan street. The BMW was adorned with medical license plates, but that did nothing to deter the gang of brazen teens
Torgovnick was forced to dial 911 with police nowhere to be seen. By the time cops arrived at the scene, the teens had sped off. Pictured: The teens with their bikes block the way of the car as the driver tries to flee the attack +17
Torgovnick was forced to dial 911 with police nowhere to be seen. By the time cops arrived at the scene, the teens had sped off. Pictured: The teens with their bikes block the way of the car as the driver tries to flee the attack
'We were trapped, there was so much violence, I thought I was going to die,' she reportedly said.

Torgovnick says he has lived in New York all his life and could never have previously imagined such a scenario occurring on the streets of his home city.

'That's something like you would see on the streets of a war zone. I never thought New York would get this bad,' he told The New York Post.

I was afraid that they were going to break the window, get in the car, reach in, and pull us out,' Torgovnick stated.

'My only thoughts at that moment were self-defense, [that] I wanted to protect my mother and I also didn't want to hurt anyone.'

Torgovnick spoke to CBS New York after the incident. 'All I could hear was my mother crying and screaming. That's what haunts me the most,' he said, before recalling how his car was surrounded after one of the bikers crashed into his car +17
Torgovnick spoke to CBS New York after the incident. 'All I could hear was my mother crying and screaming. That's what haunts me the most,' he said, before recalling how his car was surrounded after one of the bikers crashed into his car
Another witness said the attackers spat on the car and broke a handle as they tried to open the door and get inside +17
Another witness said the attackers spat on the car and broke a handle as they tried to open the door and get inside
It comes as New York authorities struggle to combat a surge in crime.

Crime stats from the four weeks between November 30 - December 27 show violent crime is far higher than it was at the same time last year.

In the 28 days to December 27 2020 there were 21 murders - an increase of 61.5 percent when compared with the same dates in 2019.

There was also a 4.2 percent increase in rapes, and a staggering 122.4 percent surge in shootings.

Violent crime began spiking following a $1 billion cut to the NYPD's budget which was approved this past summer following passionate protests to defund the police.

Officials have failed to take responsibility for the surge in crime, instead shifting blame.

Crime stats from the four weeks between November 30 - December 27 show violent crime is far higher than it was at the same time last year +17
Crime stats from the four weeks between November 30 - December 27 show violent crime is far higher than it was at the same time last year
NYPD Police Commissioner Dermot Shea told NY1 earlier this month that changes to bail laws as well as progressive policies that encourage criminal justice reform are making the city more dangerous.

'Until we come to that realization as a society — is this what we want?'

'It's good to have philosophical discussions about 'end mass incarceration' and 'end incarceration' but you don't want to do it by turning the innocent public into jails in their own apartments and houses.'

Shea's boss, Mayor Bill de Blasio, pushed back on the commissioner's comments.

The mayor told reporters at a City Hall meeting on December 8 that the surge in violent crime this year can be pinned on an 'absolute perfect storm' that hit New York this year.

'You cannot combine a massive health crisis, tens of thousands of people dying, hospitals overwhelmed, economy is shut down, schools are shut down, houses of worship shut down, society not having its normal moorings all at once, a social justice crisis…' the mayor said.

'Come on, this is not like anything we have seen in our history and I believe not like anything we will see again in our lifetimes.'

De Blasio acknowledged there had been an 'uptick in violence' though he added that it is 'clearly being addressed because we're regluing the situation together again.'

READ MORE
twitter.com/_Mar...
BMW driver recounts run-in with NYC bike gang
15-year-old arrested for BMW bicycle gang attack in NYC
Shock Video: Men On Bicycles Terrorize Man And His Mother Riding In SUV In Manhattan – CBS New York
Share or comment on this article: Boy, 15, is arrested for smashing a BMW in New York City
shares
237 comments
Investing in Amazon? Calculate your potential profit
Markets Guide
Sponsored Links
People Born 1940-1970 With No Life Insurance Are In For A Treat This December
British Seniors
Sponsored Links
One person is guaranteed to win this three-million pound London house and it could be you.
Omaze
Sponsored Links
Private Medical Insurance - Low Cost Plans To Suit All Budgets
Health Window Medical Insurance Quotes
Sponsored Links
More Sales. Up to 50% off!
Guess
Sponsored Links
Brexit Britain is warned it will not get a US trade deal until 'at least 2022' because Democrat president-elect Joe Biden plans to to rebuild ties with the EU
The UK's departure from the bloc, coupled with the current Tory Government's attempts to woo Donald Trump, have left London less important to Washington, former senior officials have claimed.
News
Jeopardy! guest host Ken Jennings issues apology for posting 'insensitive' tweets... weeks after he was slammed for writing there was 'nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair'
The 46-year-old quiz champ took to Twitter on Thursday to address previous 'failed' jokes he's made on the micro-blogging platform.
TV&Showbiz
Fantastic Mr Fox! Animal lover adopts fox cub who befriended her pug and springer spaniel after its brother was run over and killed
Cliodhna O'Leary, 29, a healthcare assistant from Cork, Ireland, watched in awe as Foxy, who was just two-weeks-old when she first visited her in February, befriended her pug and springer spaniel.
News
Avoid NHS Queues with Private Medical Insurance from £21 Per Month!
Health Window Medical Insurance Quotes
Sponsored Links
What a difference a year makes: Mallacoota enjoys beers in sun as holidaymakers flood the coastal tan - exactly a year after terrified families were forced to flee their homes and sleep on the beach to escape Black Summer bushfires
Thousands were forced to flee their homes the small town in Victoria's east on New Year's Eve last year as the sky turned an apocalyptic red.
News
How Much Money Do You Really Get from Equity Release?
Equity Release | Search Ads
Sponsored Links
Pensioners In Bognor Regis Go Crazy For New Bluetooth Hearing Aid
Compare Hearing Aids
Learn More
Sponsored Links
Home
Showbiz
Femail
Sport
DON'T MISS

Jonathan Ross' daughter Honey, 23, shares snap of herself posing TOPLESS alongside a pal as she rounds out the year with another racy photo

Made In Chelsea's Lucy Watson showcases her jaw-dropping figure in a white bikini on a boat trip as she continues idyllic Barbados break

Karren Brady's daughter Sophia Peschisolido puts on an eye-popping display in a TINY tie-dye bikini as her Dubai vacation continues

Lizzo proudly displays her voluptuous curves in all their glory as she poses completely NAKED while taking part in Instagram's viral photo challenge

'SIR Lewis Hamilton but Jimmy Greaves only gets an MBE?' Furious fans say its an 'insult' England footballer was overlooked for knighthood in honours

'They've walked to the beat of my drum for a long time:' James Corden admits he's 'preparing' to QUIT the US as his family are becoming 'homesick'

Alexandra Burke displays her phenomenal frame in a skimpy yellow bikini as she shares a variety of holiday throwbacks Wow

Simon Cowell, 61, ends the year in style as he relaxes on board his luxury yacht with Lauren Silverman, 43, in Barbados... four months after breaking his back

'This is so irresponsible!' Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury slammed for ditching facemasks while travelling to the Maldives

Love Island's Montana Brown showcases her sensational figure in a plunging white swimsuit as she continues her festive Barbados break Stunning

'Hot girl s**t': Megan Thee Stallion flaunts her curves in minuscule multicoloured bikini as she poses for sizzling Instagram snaps Stunning

Harry and Meghan's first 'holiday special' episode of their £30m Archewell Audio climbs up UK Spotify podcast chart to seventh place - after beginning at 17th

Gordon and Tana Ramsay wish twins Jack and Holly a happy 21st and vow to give them a 'monumental birthday celebration' in the summer

'You're telling that person they look bigger': Lucy Watson hits back as a fan asks whether she is pregnant in a 'socially unacceptable' comment

'I was done with making an a** of myself in front of people': Chrissy Teigen details why she decided to give up alcohol Candid

Kendall and Kylie Jenner wow in chic leathers while mom Kris opts for floor-sweeping fur as they head to dinner during NYE break in snowy Aspen

Ferne McCann shows off her phenomenal figure in scanty exercise gear as she hits the gym for NYE workout in South Africa Looking good

Coronation Street viewers are left in tears over 'heartbreaking' scene where Ken Barlow tells his son Peter he attempted suicide

'I get locked in grief so badly': Dawn O'Porter admits she still goes into 'shock' remembering Caroline Flack's death Grieving

TOWIE's Yazmin Oukhellou flaunts her ample assets in a lace leotard and plunging red swimsuit during Dubai getaway with boyfriend James Lock

Sheila Hancock, 87, tells of 'immense sense of duty' after becoming a Dame as New Year Honours list names showbiz stars

Maya Jama and ex Stormzy 'secretly REUNITED for Christmas sparking hopes they could rekindle their romance... 16 months after split'

Kylie Jenner bares her cleavage in bikini in new Instagram snapshot she posts while holidaying in Aspen

Kendall Jenner braves the freezing cold in a CROP TOP as she arrives in snowy Aspen with sister Kylie for NYE celebrations

Ken Jennings issues apology for 'insensitive' tweets... after he was slammed for writing there was 'nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair'

Bella Thorne showcases her cleavage in an edgy green monokini as she parties maskless on her Mexican vacation Striking

Emily Ratajkowski bids farewell to 2020 with two scantily-clad baby bump snaps The expecting 29-year-old shared her thoughts on the year

Kylie Jenner goes shopping at Prada in Aspen with sister Kendall and mum Kris after being granted restraining order against alleged stalker

Nicki Minaj details her 'butt naked, all night' labour, painful breastfeeding and superhero mothers three months since welcoming her son

Celebrity Mastermind viewers go wild for Scarlett Moffatt as she jokes she's forgotten her own name and copies iconic 'Sharon' answer
© Associated Newspapers Ltd
Contact us Mobile apps
View desktop site Advertise with us
Syndication Terms
Privacy & cookies How to complain
Discount codes Do not sell my info
ADVERTISEMENT

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here