Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The best things about 2020

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
OK, I appreciate this is a bit like when we got turned over 5-0 at Selhurst, got locked in and gloated to by spotty twerps for 45 mins and after some bouncy, positive p**** on the train home starts a conversation along the lines of, "so what positives can we take into next week then?"

But there are a few surely?

Trump - defeated
Vaccines - One of the greatest scientific achievements in human history
Albion - Well, not loads to write home about, but Bissouma and Lamptey have emerged as two of our finest players
Activism - Sports people more empowered to call out racism. (Not looking to start a big debate about this as it's been covered to death)
Respect - Respecting professions, such as care home worker and hospital staff

What else have I missed?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most working parents had amazing weather for the first lock down to enjoy plenty of outdoor time with their kids.

Pretty well every Albion game on TV, I realise some of you may not see this as a good thing :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When kiddos ask me in 30 years I might just say "Bissouma" and then move on to another subject.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not having to catch a train to and from London every day has to be a highlight for me. The improvements to my work/life balance have definitely been positive.

Sport has been more widely available on the TV in the second half of the year, with more football and horseracing on tele in particular. The nature of this year's F1 season with some old school tracks replacing the newer, more turgid ones was most welcome and of course Sir Lewis winning his 7th title.

On the politics front, Trump's defeat definitely a positive as the OP says. I hope from the UK politics point of view, 2020 has taught the public that competence rather than charisma is more important when electing a Prime Minister...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Trump getting booted is easily the best thing to come out of 2020. The implications of him getting another 4 years could have been disastrous for the rest of the world.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
OK, I appreciate this is a bit like when we got turned over 5-0 at Selhurst, got locked in and gloated to by spotty twerps for 45 mins a

I got zapped with a Met Police cattle prod too whilst being kettled back to Norwood Junction that day. Great times!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personal one, my other half got a far better job in February, after being made redundant 20th December 2019. He's a lot happier, less stress and financially we are lot better off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
- Car-free streets in Spring lockdown

- Eat Out To Help Out

- Table service in pubs worked surprisingly well

- Netflix and Amazon stepped up to the plate

- Society re-evaluated the role of key and often poorly-paid workers

- Ali J scored a worldie on 01/01

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Trump gone

Many nails in coffins for Boris and his inner circle

A far less materialistic and shorter Christmas

People generally realising we don’t need a lot of the things we thought we did. And as hard as a high street cull is for thousands of people, it was needed. Consumerism is at ridiculous levels and fat greedy ***** like Philip Green should be slapped down. Shame it now all goes to Bezo but there we go. Was lovely to walk through town and not have to negotiate huge grubby, poor families piling in and out of Primark.

Personally;

Discovered Lancing Ring. Beautiful.

Weirdly saw quite a lot of my friends

Got fitter and discovered Shakti mats. Life-changing.

Anyway, phone off til 2021.
Have a nice New Year’s one and all.
:)
TTFN
TC

Last edited:

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
- Fatherhood - even with all the sleepless nights and permanent colds it's felt like.
- A beautiful spring and hot summer. Love good weather.
- Cutting back on booze to being almost teetotal.
- Peter Sutcliffe dead.
- Survived and loved ones all remain healthy.

Happy New Year to all on NSC. :thumbsup:

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Albion: Bissouma and Lamptey

Football: St Albans City Wildcats Under-13s Girls

TV: Ozark

Music: Ist Ist

Radio: Radcliffe and Maconie - especially the genius of “Crisps on the radio”

COVID: Lockdown 1 - 3 months without seeing the In-Laws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
As a commuter - big refund from the train company, bank balance looking lots better. That's about it.

AFCB got relegated, probably a high point for most on here, we were all a bit 'meh' tbh, very unemotional relegation. At least Watford went down too ;) (They all said the same about us!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here