Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your favourite Albion memory

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We seem to be, here on NSC at least, something of a fractured fan-base at the moment.

There's the IN crowd, the OUT crowd and the rest of us who like it up here on the FENCE. There's questions around the players, the recruitment, the ambition, the money and the executive team. It's a bit chaotic.

So, at the end of a shit year and a shit half of a season how about we all come together and share our favourite memories of this club we all love.

For me, as a young(ish) fan lost to the wilderness years, it was the Hughton season we almost got promoted. There was so much about that season that had what makes football f**king fantastic.

7K at MK away.
Skalak's thunderbastard.
Fulham away with Hemed's late penalty and the carnage in the away end afterwards.
The incredible way the club and community came together in the wake of the air show.
The din at the play off home leg.
How we utterly dismantled some teams.

And it set us up for the next incredible season where we made the step up. Not to mention this brilliant end of season montage:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hereford - thread closed!

Horrible 90 minutes though!

One of mine is Peterborough away in the cup in 1986. 6000 packed into that end , snow covered pitch and great cup tie.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hereford.
The goal celebrations and the feeling at the final whistle.

Special mention to the first league match at the Amex v Donny though, especially when Buckley scored the winner.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
HEreford

BR at home to get promoted 88 I was 16, in the NOrth Stand.

1st game at WIthdean after GIllingham.

East terrace, winning or losing come rain or shine

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
The 7-0 v Walsall
The 7-2 v York
The 3-2 v Millwall , loads of Millwall in the west side of the North stand , big line of coppers seperating us . We go 2 down only to come back and win in the second half , absolutely bat shit crazy
The 6-0 v Mansfield , first game back in Brighton .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Newcastle 1979

Wigan 2017 - what an afternoon & evening!!

Wolves 0-2 Albion, Easter 2017. It could’ve been 4 or 5 nil. The moment we knew we were EPL bound. So glad that someone gave us their tickets ... they didn’t fancy the trip.

Brighton 3-0 Spurs .... so good, you could relax and enjoy it in real time.

Brighton 2-0 CP Feb’76 under lights, over 33,000 in the Goldstone (and the under-declared rest) on surging terraces. Just my second Albion game. Magical for this kid.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mine is all of the emotional and heartfelt messages posted on here when BensGrandad passed away

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Favourite Albion memory of 2020 was on the very first day of the shiny new decade. Ali J's superb overhead kick v Chelsea into the goal in the North Stand. That's one beautiful Albion memory to take away from this shittiest of years. Here's to many more :thumbsup:

edit: many more beautiful memories that is, not many more shitty years, obviously

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Paul Dickov scoring an injury time winner at home against Plymouth in 1994. Not sure why this so important to me, but it is the happiest I have ever been at a football match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here