Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think I know the answer to all the problems.......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Time to start a petition to have the Premier League decided on xG.

Actual goals and points are so passe, darling. So 1990s. Simply used to measure success by AMF dinosaurs drinking lager and wearing Stone Island.

Furthermore, if tied on xG, you could then split teams by amount of facial hair among the coaching staff followed by levels of positivity on the main club internet forum.

I'm just about to fire up 38 degrees. Who's with me?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Furthermore, if tied on xG, you could then split teams by amount of facial hair among the coaching staff followed by levels of positivity on the main club internet forum.

Surely there are other xStats that can be used to split teams if tied? Maybe xCorners or xFouls or xDissents? Reward the teams that in 100 theoretical games would be the least dissenting.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Surely there are other xStats that can be used to split teams if tied? Maybe xCorners or xFouls or xDissents? Reward the teams that in 100 theoretical games would be the least dissenting.

If they did it on dives and cheating it would be SPuds and Arsetown Vanilla in the CL by Christmas

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
XG is still based on the rather crude metric of having to get the ball forward and shoot though.

It would be much more civilised to decide matches by use of a Strictly Come Dancing type panel, whereby the award points for continually risky passes along the back line, short corners which result in your keeper in possession 4 passes later and Lallana's pirouettes

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought the collective brains at NSC who want Potter out want Eddie Howe to solve all the problems...

Can't you see this is so more civilised. We'd stand a really good chance of winning the double of the Europa xG League AND the National Beard Championships in 21/22. Win, win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Actual goals and points are so passe, darling. So 1990s. Simply used to measure success by AMF dinosaurs drinking lager and wearing Stone Island.

38 degrees Fahrenheit isn’t very warm...so I’ll pass

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Possession in the first half?

Penalty points for pineapple haircuts?

Penalty points for clutching the wrong part of the body when touched by a player from the other team. (I am sick of seeing a replay of a tackle catching the player on the foot and he screams and clutches his shin. or shoulder but keeps checking his nose for bleeding )

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Make the goals bigger.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know you think so.

"If only we had a manager having the team creating less expected goals we would win more games" seems to be the dominating thought. If only Brighton played worse, we would win more games!

Too bad reality is pretty ****ing far from that easy or everyone would try to create as few chances as possible.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think I know what we must do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here