Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sorry, not uptight about it, I LOVE a relegation battle

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Most of the 90s we were in a relegation battle, some of my favourite memories so....bring it on. No fuss here.

Still believe we can do it. This is a shit year, all we need is 17th. Maybe it'll break Potter or maybe it'll make him but I'd like to keep him and find out.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I would be more than happy to see our team battle. No sign of it so far this season.

This.

If there was any sign of a battle then I’d be more pleased. Instead, we just trot through the same motions every 90 minutes with a changing set of players and expect a different set of results which never materializes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Currently we're on 13 points and we've got 22 matches left. To reach the "magic 40 points" that means we need 9 wins out the next 22 matches. Given we've got 2 league wins in the last 16 matches that is a big ask; let's hope Potter the the boys are up to it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Currently we're on 13 points and we've got 22 matches left. To reach the "magic 40 points" that means we need 9 wins out the next 22 matches. Given we've got 2 league wins in the last 16 matches that is a big ask; let's hope Potter the the boys are up to it.

Nonsense, we don’t need 9 wins.......4 wins and 15 draws is probably doable though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Nonsense, we don’t need 9 wins.......4 wins and 15 draws is probably doable though.

:thumbsup:

Looking at the low scores at the bottom of the table maybe 40 isn't needed this season so 3 wins and 16 draws..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Given the worst case scenario is we get relegated into a bloody brilliant league, it’s really not that awful.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If we fight our hardest and aren’t quite good enough, that’s one thing.
But it will be a horrible watch if we gently glide to relegation.
It feels like that’s the trajectory at the moment

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've seen more promotions than relegations!

Good point, we were in the 2nd division late 70's when I first went tothe GOldstone, so we're one up . . . . Get relegated this year and its evens.

I suppose we're probably about evens in hovering around mid table top half, or scrapping for survival mid 90's.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't like relegation battles.

I'd like one season .... just one ..... where we're not sh****ing it right up to the last few games. Just one season of fairly dull but efficient mid table respectability? Is that too much to ask? It feels like about a decade since we've had one

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
What worries me about this relegation battle is the players mentality. Very few apart from maybe Dunk and Andone look like they could take the fight to teams. In past teams there has always been a few to rally the troops

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NO, but financially it could break TB, then what . . .

Not to be glib because he has done so much for the club and obviously I don’t want him to struggle financially....but what I’ve heard of his finances suggests he would cope ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here