Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans not being allowed in possibly keeping pressure off Potter?....

Ok,so its around 2/3s of voting Potter out tonight after the toothless showing against Arsenal. Would a full house at the Amex make any difference?. Would the team have left the pitch to muted boos or discontent tonight?. I think there would of been more with the draw against Sheffield United but, this was against a fairly average and faltering Arsenal. The team selection would of caused many to sigh in disbelief for starters. Bloom doesn't make knee jerk decisions but he is 1 of us and must be having thoughts about our pathetic home results.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And a few days ago it was about 2/3s voting Potter in, its mainly based on emotions of the moment but I dont think thats how TB makes his decisions.

As for the home results you are probably right, TB, the staff and the squad all surely have thoughts about them pretty much every day and logically speaking it would have been even bigger of a concern a normal season. As it stands winning/losing on one empty stadium or another empty stadium is not a gigantic difference unless you force it to be.

Either way, I hope the home ghost is killed off as quickly as possible next year, I dont think 12 (?) straight home games without a win is going to happen again once the next comes along - with or without GP.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ok,so its around 2/3s of voting Potter out tonight after the toothless showing against Arsenal. Would a full house at the Amex make any difference?. Would the team have left the pitch to muted boos or discontent tonight?

Potter would have come out to boos tonight, I reckon.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If we had fans in the stadium would be silent and nervous as it was before covid.
This never helped the players who thrive on the fans getting behind them.
At the end the few left in the stadium would probably give out a few boos, which again never helps.
So Potter saying no fans is a factor, well its the same for every team and it would make no difference, or worse, if there was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here