Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Sanchez have saved that?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If Sanchez was in any other position, that would be poor positioning by the goalkeeper. It was just a really good strike in the perfect place that a keeper can't get to.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Defenders could have been tighter on Foden, but precision finish by him. Sanchez was a twit to pick up the Webster back pass though; luckily nothing came of it, but the indirect free kick was an hirsute moment.

Jimmy Grimble

Foden did him with the eyes and body shape.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmmm.... good shot-stopper, but rough around the edges.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He’s done well tonight and will learn from any little mistakes. He’s a 23 year old keeper and has all the attributes in time to be very very good. 5/7 years till he hits his prime yet

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He made some good saves tonight, even scared the penalty taker.
Its a yes he deserves a starting place for me.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
People saying the keeper should save that are talking absolute sh&te. From that position Foden good have opted for either post so Sanchez has to be where he was. It couldn’t have been placed more in the near post.

So called fans criticising our keeper for every single goal we concede.

Overall I thought he was fantastic tonight and made several good saves. I do think he was very slightly out of position for the goal and I'm sure, when they analyse it internally, they will come to the same conclusion. He's a tall keeper so will leave more of the near post area free than Ryan would - due to his further reach. That said, he was clearly about a foot out of position tonight (which is what he missed the ball by) but, as someone else has said, he has all the attributes to be a top, top keeper. He's not quite there yet but it is Roberts's, Potter's and the club's job to help him get there - a very exciting talent who could save us many points but will also be prone to the odd error in my view.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seemed to shift his weight momentarily to the left, expecting a shot into the other corner - just enough to leave him unable to reach when it went to his right. Hardly a howler and he made some good saves. Has a real presence which in itself seems to put opposing strikers off - nowhere near as much of the goal to shoot at as there often seemed to be with Ryan. Also, noticeable that he’s very agile - is back on his feet like lightning after a save. Great prospect considering he’s still just a baby by goalkeeping standards.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Makes fewer mistakes than Lloris, Leno, De Gea, Allison, Pickford...the list goes on. A top 5 Prem keeper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here