Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Sanchez have saved that?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, he should have saved the second. He did keep us in front with a fantastic first half save as well as a brave rush off his line. He also came for some balls that would have probably caused us problems if he hadn’t taken them. He will make mistakes, as do all keepers. I’m not up for blaming him for the defeat

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I think Söyüncü probably would've got his head on it if Sanchez hadn't come out. The only reason he didn't head it was because Sanchez came flying out and he didn't want to get clattered. It's unfortunate and frustrating, but that's football.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Where is the thread.....What the f*** were the defenders doing? or Why wasn’t someone on the back post?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Been brilliant for us, this was always the fear, keepers make clangers especially younger ones we could have just done without it now.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Been really good for us made some great saves
and getting better
Personally I think he should have stayed on his line
or closer to his line for the first goal rather than being out
of the six yard box. The corner flap happens to most keepers
over their careers
UTA

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Poor action on the corner obviously but otherwise very safe and with some high class saves. Every player makes mistakes sometimes, thats football.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Oh come on. Leave the lad alone...

He’s been brilliant since coming into the team and he saved a certain goal at the start of the second half.

He certainly has been brilliant, but he should of done a lot better for Leicester's winner..

tumblr_p5dn3oMdx11w82r01o4_250.gif

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He had a really good game up to that point. It's been a long time since I've seen a Brighton keeper dominate his box so much. An unfortunate and inevitable consequence of always looking to come for crosses/dominate the box is that occasionally mistakes are made that will lead to goal. The flap at the corner that gave Leicester the win is one of those.

It or something similar will happen again sometime in the future. Personally I'm fine with that so long as he continues to look to dominate his box as much as he did yesterday. It takes a huge amount of pressure off the defence and neuters any potential attacks or dangerous situations before they arise. For every clanger there will be dozens of threats snuffed out and far more goals stopped than conceded.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
True. But rather than making a fuss about Sanchez, maybe we should be more concerned about our ‘blockers’ tendencies to just let their player go and attack the goal completely unhindered. Not the first time.

No fuss, all the top keepers have a flap or two..

My opinion is we will not be able to hold on to Sanchez, he is the real deal and Premier League clubs will be keeping their beady eyes on him..

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We need to think about men on the post now we have a keeper who's coming for a lot of crosses.

Or rather we should have though about it before

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He had a really good game up to that point. It's been a long time since I've seen a Brighton keeper dominate his box so much. An unfortunate and inevitable consequence of always looking to come for crosses/dominate the box is that occasionally mistakes are made that will lead to goal. The flap at the corner that gave Leicester the win is one of those.

It or something similar will happen again sometime in the future. Personally I'm fine with that so long as he continues to look to dominate his box as much as he did yesterday. It takes a huge amount of pressure off the defence and neuters any potential attacks or dangerous situations before they arise. For every clanger there will be dozens of threats snuffed out and far more goals stopped than conceded.
This should happen less and less in the future -
a). his judgement of when to come will carry on improving (and it's come an effing long way since his Forest Green days) and
b). because our defenders will have to get used to (and this is something that hasn't been on their radar all through the Ryan years and maybe before) the idea of 'get the fvck out of the way, our keeper's coming for it'.

We need to think about men on the post now we have a keeper who's coming for a lot of crosses.

Or rather we should have though about it before
Good thinking. And one (the fastest we've got) on the half way line!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here