Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you were the manager would you mix the team up as much as Potter does?

Would you mix the team up like Potter does?

• Yes

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 115 92.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A very unorthodox starting 11 today, although possibly not if you are Graham Potter. For him this may have been the best team to get a result.

If you were the manager would you be of a similar mind set and regularly change the starting 11 on a match by match basis, as you see fit, or try and stick with the same 11 as much as possible?

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Nobody would!

At least no one who wanted to win football matches.

Havng said that I thouht Propper was ok, Jahanbaksh needs a run, a decent player there, Burn, ok, better as a central defender, though needs to learn to head a ball, reminds me of Peter Crouch who used to duck under any defender when attacking the ball, despite a foot advantage!

Bernardo however should be nowhere near Premier League football, ran the ball into alleys to be mugged, positionally inept, time to sell if we can.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No.

I also wouldn't pick four starters who have hardly had a kick all season

4 starters who have barely had a kick all season in a really important game is utter madness. As is starting with no strikers, having 4 on the bench, and bringing on one of them despite looking nowhere near like scoring and losing.

Actually laughable how mad that is.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've been saying for weeks now that his tinkering is a problem. Players don't know their jobs, they can't found form and even when they play steel he drops them.

I'm sure it's the reason so many seem shot of confidence.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I've been saying for weeks now that his tinkering is a problem. Players don't know their jobs, they can't found form and even when they play steel he drops them.

I'm sure it's the reason so many seem shot of confidence.

Maupay finally gets a goal in our previous game after confidence has clearly been lacking. He scored a last minute winner against Arsenal at home last time out, in what was also our last fecking home win. His tail's up for this one.

On the bench sunshine.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This level of tinkering is clearly due to the number of games. He did the same last year.

The idea is to be fresher than the opponents. Granted, it appears not to have worked, but that's the strategy

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I can understand changes tonight after only playing on Sunday but it's a problem that has been going on for a while.

I really don't know if it's Potter trying to be "clever" and surprise the opponents or whether he still doesn't know his best 11 yet, but I am sure we would be so much better if we picked an 11 and just stuck to it where possible, get the players to know their roles better, to gain confidence in both themselves and the team mates around them. Obviously making the odd change here and there if players form drops or just in need of something different.

Also shoehorning players into unfamiliar positions, surely if you haven't got the right players for the tactics you want to use, surely the best cause of action will be to just use different tactics?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
If you were the manager would you mix the team up as much as Potter does?
If I was the manager I would do the decent thing and resign..:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wolves are always held up as dodgy due to Mendes but Nuno likes a smaller squad and regular starting side. That gives you understanding and partnerships, something we sadly lack. It also allows you to load your salary budget towards the starters so the overall cost may not be a killer. It doesn't so much allow you to bring on youth and leaves you screwed if Mendes moves on.

They've done better than us since coming up and I expect them to beat us in the next game but it doesn't read like Tony's way. If we are going to go for risky signings from shit leagues and using the academy players then we'll have to get used to some of these rotations.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Absolute barnpot decision from a man out of his depth.

He hasn't a clue about consistency, building "a way" of playing. Who in the right mind could anyone expect anyone to fulfil the expectancy of any tactics with players who many have not played any minutes this season let alone together.

Sheer potty madness

GET RID

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can anybody tell me if at there previous clubs
Burn played at full back or wing back
Ali played at centre forward
Argi played at centre forward
Veltman played at wing back
White played at full back
Bernardo played at wing back

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Grim, that was an appalling performance. No zip to our game, no pace and no ideas.

It is definitely a sound suggestion that all this was because of switching the team around so often.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Nobody would!

At least no one who wanted to win football matches.

Havng said that I thouht Propper was ok, Jahanbaksh needs a run, a decent player there, Burn, ok, better as a central defender, though needs to learn to head a ball, reminds me of Peter Crouch who used to duck under any defender when attacking the ball, despite a foot advantage!

Bernardo however should be nowhere near Premier League football, ran the ball into alleys to be mugged, positionally inept, time to sell if we can.

I’d get rid of Burn before I got rid of Bernardo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here