Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Awful Music You have heard and had to put up with

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If thats the worst you've heard, you've had a charmed life

Coldplay, 80's Genesis, post '81 UB40, U2. Oasis (bar 3 or 4 songs) Anything on ITV in the last 20 years. COldplay, Maroon 5 , Mumford and SOns, COldplay, U2, and . . . COldplay.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Only the headphone leakage from some idiot on the morning/evening train commute. No idea what the actual tracks were.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ha ha, I actually liked that one as a 17 year old very much in love at the time.

No great memories of Owley Wood Club as I also got a black eye one evening trying to separate two teenage girls.

To explain we had a function room at the back of the Club which had been rigged up for a 12-18 Amateur Boxing Night. Our Hero was 18 and BOTH his girlfriends turned up to watch with obvious consequences...

He wouldn't go to sort out the ruck in the Foyer and I was volunteered to go (his reluctance should have told me something). Immediate (and in retrospect not very bright) decision with these two Chavs screaming and scratching one another was to step in and try to get them apart - come on girls lets calm down followed by an elbow in my eye which soon shut.

All my mates thought it hilarious I had been beaten up by a girl of course.

Mind You they should meet Mrs Jakarta! :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The premier league tune that plays after the home teams anthem/theme/song has finished. Played just to remind fans how they now own the game and not the fans.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Whilst at university I worked as a barman.

It was during the “height” of Avici.

Terrible..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Working in occupied houses the homeowners sometimes have their radio on, I enjoy some background music and don’t mind Radio 2 and Radio 4 doesn’t really bother me.
One radio station I really dislike is Heart FM and one house I worked in for 3 days had Heart on all day.
At the time Ed Sheeran was constantly on the radio with the really annoying Gallway Girl, to say I f***** hate this song with a passion is an understatement :angry:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I remember thinking at the time at Barbie Girl would be a flash in the pan, never to be heard again.

How ****ing wrong I was!!

Oh and All I Want for Christmas is You (to **** right off Mariah)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I used to work in a office where music was only allowed at Christmas, and only if it was Michael Buble because that's what the bosses liked. Felt like maybe there was a hidden camera recording the psychological torture for some reality TV show.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If thats the worst you've heard, you've had a charmed life

Coldplay, 80's Genesis, post '81 UB40, U2. Oasis (bar 3 or 4 songs) Anything on ITV in the last 20 years. COldplay, Maroon 5 , Mumford and SOns, COldplay, U2, and . . . COldplay.

Very trendy.
You forgot to mention Pink Floyd post Barret and more so post Waters.

I worked in supermarkets in the 80s and 90s and had to put up with a looped tape of Christmas songs from Mid November till NYE every frigging day from 7.30-7.00!
Trumps all of yours :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anything by Stockhausen.

Beecham got it spot on when he was asked if he’d ever conducted anything by him: “No, but I believe I once trod in some”.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler. Early 1980's at 'Photography Today' exhibition at Olympia our stand (Leica) was next to a multi slide projection company that played the track as their slide show every 20 minutes for 4 days. Hated the song ever since having been brainwashed by it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here