Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's all about the Pace about the Pace

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Look at Leeds Potter, they break with pace, look threatening every time they go forward, score goals and make it hard for teams to defend. Yes they also are left vulnerable at the back and leak goals too but look at their position in the table.

Our lot just don't know what the f%ck to do in the last 3rd.

We are one paced attacking and struggle to get beyond or behind opponents defence. That's why we cannot score.......we are one paced......SLOW and easy to defend against.:down:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Look at Leeds Potter, they break with pace, look threatening every time they go forward, score goals and make it hard for teams to defend. Yes they also are left vulnerable at the back and leak goals too but look at their position in the table.

We are one paced attacking and struggle to get beyond or behind opponents defence. That's why we cannot score.......we are one paced......SLOW and easy to defend against.:down:

They also shoot on target and with belief.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Why do we try to walk it in every time as well. No player ever seems to get in a shooting position outside the box let alone in it !!!

Too much passing and know one willing to have a go. It's so frustrating to watch.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Why do we try to walk it in every time as well. No player ever seems to get in a shooting position outside the box let alone in it !!!

Too much passing and know one willing to have a go. It's so frustrating to watch.

I agree.

It's pacy until we reach that invisible line of the final third, then they literally don't have a clue what to do with the ball.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It's all about the Pace about the Pace

tumblr_inline_o8k9i0sbk91shx9h6_1280.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Maybe we could try to be more like Leeds, but there's more than one way to score a goal and the patient approach works for some teams. It comes down to 13 attempts with 2 on target.

13 attempts is enough chances.

It's not pace OP. It's about quality.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Maybe we could try to be more like Leeds, but there's more than one way to score a goal and the patient approach works for some teams. It comes down to 13 attempts with 2 on target.

Yes and if you don’t have that it’s defo about pace

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I’m sure Potter would love to play with pace but he can only work with what he has. Take Lamptey and we have no pace in the squad

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017

Absolutely this

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Not sure what the Argie says or does in his pre match and half time talks but he gets his teams rallied... but he’s doing something.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
I was thinking more about the speed/pace we pass
The passes are so slow everything about us is slow
When I watch Leeds in particular I see players busting
a gut to get forward and to make things happen
Their passes fizz about the park their is an energy about them
that we just don’t have.
You can see from our lads deportment as they walk on the pitch
there’s no urgency about us. That isn’t a difficult thing to change
it just doesn’t seem to be being brought about with us.
Inspiration,passion,desire,spirit that’s what seems to be missing
as far as I can see
Maybe I’m wrong and we might just plod our way to survival

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I was thinking more about the speed/pace we pass
The passes are so slow everything about us is slow
When I watch Leeds in particular I see players busting
a gut to get forward and to make things happen
Their passes fizz about the park their is an energy about them
that we just don’t have.
You can see from our lads deportment as they walk on the pitch
there’s no urgency about us. That isn’t a difficult thing to change
it just doesn’t seem to be being brought about with us.
Inspiration,passion,desire,spirit that’s what seems to be missing
as far as I can see
Maybe I’m wrong and we might just plod our way to survival

Exactly this. Coach the f***ing players better. As long as they are fit they don't need to be the fastest. Just move the ball faster, show some urgency and drive and bust a gut at both ends of the pitch. It can be done.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Win the ball

knock it backwards

sideways

backwards

sideways

backwards

wonder why the opposition are all set up to defend against us.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Agreed, but I'd amend it to: Look at Leeds, Ashworth and Potter, and don't tell us we've got Lamptey, cos he's the only one, and he's 19 and injured...

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Exactly this. Coach the f***ing players better. As long as they are fit they don't need to be the fastest. Just move the ball faster, show some urgency and drive and bust a gut at both ends of the pitch. It can be done.

... and maybe we are NOT fit enough to bust a gut, sadly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here