Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maybe Potter was right?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Perhaps our expectations are too high? I mean, he understands better than us perhaps that we're little old Brighton, we've clearly lucked our way here through some administrative error and to expect anything other than a drubbing every week is a sign that we as fans are unrealistic.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Perhaps our expectations are too high? I mean, he understands better than us perhaps that we're little old Brighton, we've clearly lucked our way here through some administrative error and to expect anything other than a drubbing every week is a sign that we as fans are unrealistic.

Trouble is that to prove he is right he will get us relegated.
I was Potter in until the last month or so.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

That interview still pisses me off, supercilious attitude showed through which was disappointing

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

It's just the sort of attitude we need from a manager that needs to fight tooth and nail to survive in the toughest league in the World. Inspiring.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I must admit my expectations must be ridiculously too high as I was expecting to witness more than 1 home win in 2020! Have we ever had such bad home results in a calendar year?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It rather goes against the marketing message though doesn't it?

So what next?

a) A big splurge on quality players over the next two windows
b) Fans realise that 15th is the best we'll ever do and realign their expectations accordingly. Barber sticks out an email thanking them.
c) A miraculous turnaround
d) Potter falls on his sword and Ashworth finds another sacrificial lamb who's done brilliantly with Swedish farmers and finished 10th in the Championship with Swansea (or similar, as precise replication would be difficult)
e) We get in someone who can match a playing style to our personnel.

Place your bets now folks.....

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Maybe he should **** off, and then we can get someone in with a bit more ambition, Bloom included, Budget is far too small.

We couldn't beat an egg at the moment. :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
F) we press on with our heads in the sand ******* ourselves silly over our possession stats and XG sinking into the championship in the process.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That wasn’t Potters finest hour, I think that was a bad presser for him and what he said pissed a lot of us off here. On reflection he probably wouldn’t have said things that way.

That said I believe that interview was on or around the time his dad just died so I give him a pass on that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe he should **** off, and then we can get someone in with a bit more ambition, Bloom included, Budget is far too small.

We couldn't beat an egg at the moment. :shrug:

What a ****.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Absolutely. And it shows. We are playing great football... but we are failing to pick up points.

We simply need more investment if we are going to play like the best.

If we want to play like Hughton, we might be able to keep staying up for years... but is that really what we want?

Potter can take us top 10, with enough time, patience and investment.

But the investment isn't there sadly..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That wasn’t Potters finest hour, I think that was a bad presser for him and what he said pissed a lot of us off here. On reflection he probably wouldn’t have said things that way.

That said I believe that interview was on or around the time his dad just died so I give him a pass on that.

His dad died in January. That interview was at the end of October.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I must admit my expectations must be ridiculously too high as I was expecting to witness more than 1 home win in 2020! Have we ever had such bad home results in a calendar year?

Bloody glad I'm not driving a 240 mile round trip afternoon or evening (getting home at 0130) to watch us win 1 home game in 2020!, I might have given up my ST by now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
**** you **** and raise you another ****...:shrug:

Grow up. The level of disrespect is uncalled for. So what if we go down, guess what, it’s Tony Blooms money at stake. I’d rather have a local fan as a chairman than some Arab money mean looking to launder money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here