Potter win% 23.3 Hyypia win % 23.1 so very slightly better

but...

Potter loss % 41.7 Hyypia loss % 38.5

I worked them out for Hughton too, suffice to say his figures are miles better

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Persisting with Burn as a wing back is unacceptable when at least 2 other players in that match day squad could’ve done a better job. Too many players being asked to play beyond their means. It’s awful management. Playing pretty football is great. With the score line covered on the TV screen you may thing Brighton are a top 12 team. Then you see the defending and finishing, which is far beyond what is required for a premier league team.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I said on the "does he even want the job" thread.....

Hyypia all over. A yes man who won't tell Bloom and Ashworth that the squad is nowhere near good enough for this level and instead does passive aggressive shite like not selecting strikers against a side missing a key centre back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Let's get one thing straight. Hyypia would NEVER have been able to get 41 points managing n the Championship, let alone the Prem.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I know people hate random bounces and in all honesty I didn’t go looking for this but stumbled across it because of the rather erratic search facility while looking for something else.

I wonder if any who subscribed to the original post still hold the same views on Graham Potter as a manager and his team selections?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know people hate random bounces and in all honesty I didn’t go looking for this but stumbled across it because of the rather erratic search facility while looking for something else.

I wonder if any who subscribed to the original post still hold the same views on Graham Potter as a manager and his team selections?

I expect that they will have changed their minds, and will then promptly change them back again when we dare to lose a couple of games on the bounce. There will be Potter OUTers on here again this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

A case could be made for the Albion only having the 3 points taken from Watford.

The fact they have considerably more is fantastic and to be rightly applauded.

But in much the same way he wasn't as shite then - despite the record and home form saying so.
He probably isn't as super-duper now - despite the record saying otherwise.

Just enjoy the ride.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This thread is undoubtedly embarrassing for those who originally contributed but is no way near the cringe level that a local columnist achieved when they asked ‘Is Potter the worst Manager Brighton has ever had?’ around the same time as this post.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As I said on the "does he even want the job" thread.....

Hyypia all over. A yes man who won't tell Bloom and Ashworth that the squad is nowhere near good enough for this level and instead does passive aggressive shite like not selecting strikers against a side missing a key centre back.

:lolol:

I agree. Talentless sycophant out.

The talented TSB and THPP to headhunt the replacement.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Most people have wanted him in at times and out at times. Same with every single one of our managers. The two extremes come on here gloating that they were right every time we win a few games (the diehard inners) or lose a few games (the diehard outers). When the latter happens this season someone will doubtless bounce one of the olive branch threads. I’m beginning to think this need to appear to be right about the manager is a bit problematic for some people.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Most people have wanted him in at times and out at times. Same with every single one of our managers. The two extremes come on here gloating that they were right every time we win a few games (the diehard inners) or lose a few games (the diehard outers). When the latter happens this season someone will doubtless bounce one of the olive branch threads. I’m beginning to think this need to appear to be right about the manager is a bit problematic for some people.

I don't actually think that's true. I can honestly say that over the last 25 years I've only really wanted to get rid of Hyypia, Adams MkII and Hinshelwood. All the rest, even at the end of Hughton's reign, I just kinda let them get on with it. I know quite a few that haven't wavered at all on Potter being our manager at any point.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It can take a while to transform a team to play the way the manager wants to, which might go some way to excusing some of that early negativity.

Poyet absolutely baffled me when he ditched Andrew Whing (a perfectly decent right back at the time) and bought in the tackle shy Gavin Hoyte on loan. It was only with the arrival of Inigo Calderon, that you could start to see what he wanted to achieve. Hyypia was the opposite. I think he nearly forced Bruno into early retirement, with his clueless approach. The only thing that emerged was that not only was there no master plan, there wasn't really a plan at all.

There is a pragmatism to the Potter approach with a focus on players who can play in different formations. You can never win over all the fans, but there are plenty who will feel he is heading in the right direction now.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Most wanted him out at times?

Speak for yourself, not once have I thought that.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What a spiteful forum this is becoming lately.

Quite pathetic really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here