Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbakhsh and Macallister

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Now I want to be wrong tonight because I want us to play in the Premier League next year but these two players do not help us. They are not able to because they don't have the attributes. They are not quick, powerful and they can't take players on. In the positions they want to play they need to have at least one of these attributes and I can't understand what people are expecting when they play.

Put them in a stronger team with pace around them for example and they would look better and technically they're good. It's also unfair to expect them to do anything tonight playing without our best forward players (Welbeck, Maupay, Lallana, Lamptey, March) this year. Yes a run in the team would help them but my point is they haven't got the attributes to really help us. More so AJ than Macallister (who I think has more creativity) and he's been here for 3 years before anyone else says he needs time!

I so hope I'm wrong tonight and Potter is a genius but I don't see it. We had more chance winning today than away at West Ham (although the game panned out differently).

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Agree about Iranian Ali. Expect he had one golden season when he was perhaps the focus of his team in the Dutch league. Signed on statistics maybe. Scored loads of goals playing LF and plays for us at RWB a lot.

Macallister looked amazing playing in South America and is very young. I suspect he has to get used to the different pace of the game. Only way to do that is with game time but hopefully in the Trossard role and when Welbeck or a legit striker are on the pitch.

I realise their situation is very different and so my views on them shouldn't be so different. Sadly we seem to have almost an entire team of technical 'Lallana types' and you need a mix. It's why Bissouma is so important. I often go back to an old Liverpool Midfield and would say we have a bunch of Xabi Alonsos, but need a Gerrard and a Mascerano to make a team and balanced midfield.

One thing's for sure........ neither player you mention should be playing as a striker like they are tonight.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
uninspiring i'd say , add Propper and Gross and we've no chance. I actually like Macallister but not in this line up

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Agree about Iranian Ali. Expect he had one golden season when he was perhaps the focus of his team in the Dutch league. Signed on statistics maybe. Scored loads of goals playing LF and plays for us at RWB a lot.

Macallister looked amazing playing in South America and is very young. I suspect he has to get used to the different pace of the game. Only way to do that is with game time but hopefully in the Trossard role and when Welbeck or a legit striker are on the pitch.

I realise their situation is very different and so my views on them shouldn't be so different. Sadly we seem to have almost an entire team of technical 'Lallana types' and you need a mix. It's why Bissouma is so important. I often go back to an old Liverpool Midfield and would say we have a bunch of Xabi Alonsos, but need a Gerrard and a Mascerano to make a team and balanced midfield.

One thing's for sure........ neither player you mention should be playing as a striker like they are tonight.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

MarktheShark

Dec 11, 2020
Absolute shambles! Potter has completely lost the plot.
I know our strikers are crap, but would you get any other premier League team starting with no actual strikers on the pitch, but 4 on the bench!

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Did you see how much better we were once Maupay, March and Trossard came on!!!! NOT. Maupay and March were subbed in 67th minute so they had 28 minutes (23 plus 5 minutes of added time) to affect the game. Beginning of second half, Jahanbacksh's pass to MacAllister was our best chance of the game. And neither Jahanbakhsh or MacAllister are a striker, very unfair to be asked to play that role when we have three center forwards on the bench.

This was the best pressing we have ever done all year imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here