Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over 50,000 positive tests today.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I'm reading reports that cancer paitents are having to have urgent operations cancelled.

What happened to all the nightingale hospitals? are they all full up? Weren't they meant to be built to stop this happening?

And people have already died directly from the Tories handling of this. Sending infected patients into care homes turned out not to be the best idea.

Family member actually worked in the Nightingale - it was mothballed by the Tories and now they are trying to reactivate it - a month too late.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I have a family member who is a doctor in London - and they were saying that yesterday they had never seen anything like how the hospital was completely overrun with patients (both covid and then impacting on the care of non-covid patients).

Ireland has had this for years because of gross under-investment in the health service and the dominance of private health insurance.

Unfortunately, covid cases are going to continue to increase because of the approach of the Tories (and their equivalent in Ireland) - a lot of people are going to get sick and to die in the coming weeks.

While the vaccine will help - the real solution is wearing masks, social distancing and forget about profit making until the pandemic is under complete control.

This, this and this.

We now need to reinforce the message of social distancing, this is going to be a part of our lives for a long time, and currently with the new strain we need to reinforce the 2m to 3m+, and masks should me made.mandatory in every setting indoors and outdoors.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And was here for many months until recently. We did actually eliminate the virus here for a while but we now have a small number of cases due to the cluster in Sydney. Therefore masks are back on the agenda. HOPEFULLY we have acted early enough and tough enough to close this one down pretty quick. But that is due to people actually DOING the right thing rather than just talking about it. The rules here today said masks indoors were mandatory from 5pm (excludes your own home), by 2pm everyone was wearing them in the street, different mentality.

Good luck everyone.

Shows what can be done when the country is not full of ****wits who get their opinions from Karen on Facebook and conspiracy theorists on Twitter.

Stay safe back in Oz x

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
This, this and this.

We now need to reinforce the message of social distancing, this is going to be a part of our lives for a long time, and currently with the new strain we need to reinforce the 2m to 3m+, and masks should me made.mandatory in every setting indoors and outdoors.

Every setting? No way on earth are there resources to check everyone is wearing their masks 24/7 in their homes unless you're offering to do the job

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Every setting? No way on earth are there resources to check everyone is wearing their masks 24/7 in their homes unless you're offering to do the job

We don't have the resources to check but that doesn't mean we shouldn't legislate for it and introduce at least spot checks with hefty fines for those not complying, I'd expect the vast majority would comply.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
This, this and this.

You want facemasks mandatory in the home?

Do you want me to have to wear one driving alone in the car?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We don't have the resources to check but that doesn't mean we shouldn't legislate for it and introduce at least spot checks with hefty fines for those not complying, I'd expect the vast majority would comply.

You think the vast majority would comply with wearing masks at home? I suspect you are misreading the situation somewhat. Outdoors and all other settings I imagine compliance would be ok..

At home don't see how spot checks would work. Knock at door. Everyone sticks face covering on. Zero success rate

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
HTML:

I live alone.

Will the virus come through my front door letterbox?

Or up through the drains?

Maybe down the chimney?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It wouldn't be difficult to find volunteers to look into people's bedrooms and bathrooms to see they are wearing facemasks at all times, but will you get the right sort of volunteers?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
HTML:

I live alone.

Will the virus come through my front door letterbox?

Or up through the drains?

Maybe down the chimney?

Obviously there would be exemptions such as people living alone and those who do not leave the house, but it would be sensible for those with people in them who still have to leave the house for work purposes, and with children attending educational settings to wear face masks at home.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Obviously there would be exemptions such as people living alone and those who do not leave the house, but it would be sensible for those with people in them who still have to leave the house for work purposes, and with children attending educational settings to wear face masks at home.

By ‘those with people in them’ do you mean lovers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

I am going to start going into the office once every couple of weeks (drive in).

There is no way I can wear a mask for 7 hours a day. After 20 mins of wearing one in shops I am getting very short of breath and hyper ventilating.

I guess if they did make it law to wear a mask in offices, I’ll have to get a Doctors note.

I do have respiratory issues from time to time and masks make it harder for me to breath comfortably.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Could we also install a policy where everybody, so far as possible, has there own room in the house and no-one ever mingles? Surely in this day and age we ought to be able to install the essentials of life such as a microwave oven and a TV in each room so that no-one ever needs to see anyone ever again. Not in a home setting, anyway. Exceptions for people not yet toilet trained, of course.

Alternatively, perhaps families could choose to take their chance. I suspect if you asked around, the number of people supporting this policy in a practical way, by wearing masks inside the house as of now, is limited to you and you alone. Do you family follow this policy?

Or are you just trolling? Genuine question. There have been a lot of opinions that seem farcical to some but are seriously held by others. Do you genuinely believe this, or are you just on a wind-up?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Could we also install a policy where everybody, so far as possible, has there own room in the house and no-one ever mingles? Surely in this day and age we ought to be able to install the essentials of life such as a microwave oven and a TV in each room so that no-one ever needs to see anyone ever again. Not in a home setting, anyway. Exceptions for people not yet toilet trained, of course.

Alternatively, perhaps families could choose to take their chance. I suspect if you asked around, the number of people supporting this policy in a practical way, by wearing masks inside the house as of now, is limited to you and you alone. Do you family follow this policy?

Or are you just trolling? Genuine question. There have been a lot of opinions that seem farcical to some but are seriously held by others. Do you genuinely believe this, or are you just on a wind-up?

Something needs to be done, the NHS is on the verge of being overwhelmed. We need to make restrictions much, much harder than they are currently and for many months if we are to get back in top of this.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Something needs to be done, the NHS is on the verge of being overwhelmed. We need to make restrictions much, much harder than they are currently and for many months if we are to get back in top of this.

Mandatory curfews 24/7 with non compliance equalling a 10 year prison sentence?

How extreme do you want it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here