Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] India v England Test Series in Feb on Disney+

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's being suggested by the Torygraph that it looks like the only way to watch the India v England series in Feb will be on Disney+.
And there's a strong possibility that the Ashes being played in Australia next winter will be on Amazon Prime.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2020/12/26/exclusivedisney-show-englands-tour-india-amazon-contending-ashes/

The most likely platform to be used for the England tour to India would be Hotstar, which can be downloaded on to PCs, tablet and mobile via an app and costs £5.99 a month.

From Feb 23, Hotstar content will be available in Europe via the Disney+ platform, a streaming service, but that will be halfway through the England series.

England will play four Tests in India, starting in Chennai on Feb 5, as well as five T20s and three ODIs.

*So on Disney+ for the second half of the series.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That really is pushing the + part of Disney+.
Can't keep up with all these channels.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Could be fun, fancy dress style I assume?

Stuart Broad dressed like Chewbacca running in to bowl to Virat Kohli who has come dressed as Pocahontas.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's being suggested by the Torygraph that it looks like the only way to watch the India v England series in Feb will be on Disney+.
And there's a strong possibility that the Ashes being played in Australia next winter will be on Amazon Prime.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2020/12/26/exclusivedisney-show-englands-tour-india-amazon-contending-ashes/

The most likely platform to be used for the England tour to India would be Hotstar, which can be downloaded on to PCs, tablet and mobile via an app and costs £5.99 a month.

From Feb 23, Hotstar content will be available in Europe via the Disney+ platform, a streaming service, but that will be halfway through the England series.

England will play four Tests in India, starting in Chennai on Feb 5, as well as five T20s and three ODIs.

*So on Disney+ for the second half of the series.

Amazon Prime will be fine as a month’s subscription for their annual footie, the cricket and free delivery of Christmas presents is good value. A swift cancellation in January will follow. I didn’t know there was a Disney channel as our kids have grown up. I won’t be subscribing. The costs of these different platforms stack up if you aren’t careful.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And those poor kids tuning for Aladdin and getting Burns being caught at silly mid-off.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
ESPN is still part of the Disney portfolio I believe so they won’t see it as totally alien content.

Pretty soon there won’t be many reasons to retain any loyalty to Sky.

Think I might Jack it in after this summer and just do day passes to Now TV for the months of interest that crop up.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
ESPN is still part of the Disney portfolio I believe so they won’t see it as totally alien content.

Pretty soon there won’t be many reasons to retain any loyalty to Sky.

Think I might Jack it in after this summer and just do day passes to Now TV for the months of interest that crop up.

My thought as well. Cricket pretty much the only reason I keep sky now. Rarely watch football beyond the Albion these days - mixture of boredom with Premier League/VAR (covered in other threads) and a young daughter. If they lost the home tests as well that would be the breaker for me.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I went back to listening to test matches on the wireless a few years ago then watching the highlights later.

There is something about listening to cricket on the old crystal set that’s more pleasurable for some reason.

Mind you nothing beats watching live.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I went back to listening to test matches on the wireless a few years ago then watching the highlights later.

There is something about listening to cricket on the old crystal set that’s more pleasurable for some reason.

Mind you nothing beats watching live.

Tv pictures with TMS sound is the way forward.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is, quite literally, Jiminy Cricket.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ali, Buttler and the forty partnership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here