Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal's Gabriel tests positive for the plague

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Their only consistent CB this season, that would be blow for them.

Hopefully, they don’t do a Citeh. Many Everton fans are furious about the postponed game, Citeh will be at full strength when they meet.

Personally think the whole thing stinks.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Their only consistent CB this season, that would be blow for them.

Hopefully, they don’t do a Citeh. Many Everton fans are furious about the postponed game, Citeh will be at full strength when they meet.

Don’t blame them. Stinks of Man City not fancying playing an important game two days after playing. Why is Covid any worse than other injuries? All players can be tested again, so you know those playing are clear. What’s the issue?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They are supposed to be in bubbles how the hell do they catch it? I assume the homelife is not so covid friendly.......for the money they get paid you would think they would have more sense.

I think it's a pipe dream to think that you can 100% successfully isolate footballers from the rest of the population. They are human beings with families who also come into contact with others at work.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They are supposed to be in bubbles how the hell do they catch it? I assume the homelife is not so covid friendly.......for the money they get paid you would think they would have more sense.

Filling the Range Rover up with diesel? Popping to the Coop for two french sticks and scratch card? Chatting to the cleaner? From the kids friends who've come round to play? Hiring 3 hookers to smother them in Nutella and purple Quality Street?

Frankly, the ways a 20-something footballer can catch covid when not in the team bubble is endless. Same as the rest of us.

Won't be long before the PL is suspended at this rate.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Don’t blame them. Stinks of Man City not fancying playing an important game two days after playing. Why is Covid any worse than other injuries? All players can be tested again, so you know those playing are clear. What’s the issue?

But do you? There must be a slight lag between catching Covid and testing positive for it. I assume the test tests for antibodies and therefore the lag is the time it takes the body to start making enough antibodies to be detected by the test.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Everton’s board have asked the football authorities for full disclosure of their discussions with Citeh.

A suspicion from Everton supporters that whilst other EPL clubs played on without CV19 isolating players, persuasive Citeh get a very different outcome.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Personally think the whole thing stinks.

Agree. PL said before the season, responding to questions about to handle covid, that if you have 14 available senior/u23 players, you are playing. Now these rules have been thrown out the window and there is literally no ruleset to decide these things anymore - its just gut feeling from whoever decides about postponing games or not.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The Premier League need to make a statement ASAP about the exact situation but, more importantly, the exact rules on this.
My understanding is that you can ask to postpone a game if you have under 14 of your first team squad available. If that is the case here then fair enough, but there clearly needs to be a bit more transparency moving forwards. And consistency.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Clubs have been asked to separate Senior squads and U23s to minimise outbreaks. So I guess with 4-5 players from the senior squad testing positive you can’t be sure that more of them don’t have it.

So it is possible that you make clubs only play U23s for 10-14 days, but is that fair ? For us could be an improvement I guess ...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Filling the Range Rover up with diesel? Popping to the Coop for two french sticks and scratch card? Chatting to the cleaner? From the kids friends who've come round to play? Hiring 3 hookers to smother them in Nutella and purple Quality Street?

Frankly, the ways a 20-something footballer can catch covid when not in the team bubble is endless. Same as the rest of us.

Won't be long before the PL is suspended at this rate.

But to fair (like holidays abroad) most of us have dropped the Nutella prostitute thing until a vaccine is available.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As I understand it, the reason for the late postponement wasn't so much to do with how many players City had available to fulfill the fixture, but the fact that the authorities coudn't be 100% certain that all potential cases in the City squad had been identified. Therefore, it seemed to be an unreasonable risk to play the fixture and expose others to the risk of contratcting covid.

No idea how accurate this is but is seems reasonable if so.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I'm sure a quick look at Blue Moon will reveal a number of posters who believe the whole thing is part of a Rag/Dipper conspiracy to discredit plucky little Citeh.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As I understand it, the reason for the late postponement wasn't so much to do with how many players City had available to fulfill the fixture, but the fact that the authorities coudn't be 100% certain that all potential cases in the City squad had been identified. Therefore, it seemed to be an unreasonable risk to play the fixture and expose others to the risk of contratcting covid.

No idea how accurate this is but is seems reasonable if so.

Makes sense. Presumably the tests were from 24-72 hours ago, so if the results were only made available and the players that tested positive have been around others in today’s squad makes sense to call it off and test them all again. However incubation can take 5 days can’t it? So surely their next 2 weeks are at risk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here