Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Deep Fakes (channel 4 now)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pretty scary stuff, technology will ultimately be our downfall
https://www.channel4.com/press/news...el-4-dispatches-monday-28th-december-2020-6pm

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It will be the end of homo sapiens but there will be a new homo species to take our place, artificially created to live in harmony with the endless potential of technology. No problems. Dont think most of have anything against it, if they did they wouldnt push that development through putting their kids into the Matrix with tablets and smartphones and shit from a very early age.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It will be the end of homo sapiens but there will be a new homo species to take our place, artificially created to live in harmony with the endless potential of technology. No problems. Dont think most of have anything against it, if they did they wouldnt push that development through putting their kids into the Matrix with tablets and smartphones and shit from a very early age.

I think the Americans will deal with the end of Homo sapians

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEqAolZFB0

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A climate crisis was declared three years ago. People called a 13 year old girl names.
KFC runs out of chicken three years ago. People called the police.

The sooner humans die out, the better off our planet will be.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

You really do have a strange hatred of social media for someone with 5500 posts in 20 months on the forum of a team you don’t even really support.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You really do have a strange hatred of social media for someone with 5500 posts in 20 months on the forum of a team you don’t even really support.

Also took two warm baths today despite caring about the environment and also used a plastic toothbrush despite not being a fan of how much plastic we use today. All very weird stuff.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Also took two warm baths today despite claiming to care about the environment and also used a plastic toothbrush despite not being a fan of how much plastic we use today. All very weird stuff.

Fixed for you.

It's interesting. I think some people genuinely believe they care about the environment but when one breaks it down, they do it a lot of harm. It's similar to fat people who genuinely don't believe they eat much but when they keep a food diary, they realise they are consuming three times as much as a regular human.

Similarly those who claim social media and screens are diabolical should check their screen time breakdowns at the end of the week. They'd likely be shocked.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Edited. Posted in the wrong thread.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fixed for you.

It's interesting. I think some people genuinely believe they care about the environment but when one breaks it down, they do it a lot of harm. It's similar to fat people who genuinely don't believe they eat much but when they keep a food diary, they realise they are consuming three times as much as a regular human.

Similarly those who claim social media and screens are diabolical should check their screen time breakdowns at the end of the week. They'd likely be shocked.

Or maybe people still think things are bad but they, or we as Im certainly included in that even if you are one of the few who isnt, dont have the energy or strength to fight against mass scale intersubjective phenomenons.

Good for you that you 100% live by what you think is good and bad though, but let me tell you its not very common.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What was wrong with Channel 4 putting ‘The Railway Children’ on instead?

It’s Xmas FFS why scare people shitless just after teatime ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Or maybe people still think things are bad but they, or we as Im certainly included in that even if you are one of the few who isnt, dont have the energy or strength to fight against mass scale intersubjective phenomenons.

Good for you that you 100% live by what you think is good and bad though, but let me tell you its not very common.

Mass scale inter subjective phenomenons (sic) ?

I’m merely saying those who think they are doing well may be surprised at the reality of it. No need to extrapolate or complicate, it’s a simple premise that doesn’t need dissecting.

I’m correct, there’s no need for further exploration.

And there are billions of people who live by what they feel is good and bad. It’s not that hard . Avoid making it out to be harder than it is, in order to excuse your inability to do it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mass scale inter subjective phenomenons (sic) ?

I’m merely saying those who think they are doing well may be surprised at the reality of it. No need to extrapolate or complicate, it’s a simple premise that doesn’t need dissecting.

I’m correct, there’s no need for further exploration.

And there are billions of people who live by what they feel is good and bad. It’s not that hard . Avoid making it out to be harder than it is, in order to excuse your inability to do it.

Intersubjectivity is basically the "silent" agreements between humans and how we live together and what we believe in. I.e. if your friend says he lives in a house you silently agree with eachother that the house got a roof, because thats how we imagine the house together despite no law of nature saying a house got a roof. Or the nation of UK, we silently agree on the existence of that nation (those nations?) but its really just a made up idea. And same goes for social media, increasing amounts of people agree that communication on social media is how we do it and we may think its good/bad but we either adjust to it or find ourselves left behind without it. Challenging the intersubjective ideas that exists on a massive scale is very rough. Personally I might not believe in money but if I go to the store trying to trade their stuff against my bag of sausages, I will be firmly notified that the owner of the store share the mass scale intersubjective idea of money.

Same goes for the environment. Me and others are aware that we can not keep consuming as much shit as we do but a very common intersubjective idea is that "this and that is useful and the more you have the better". Its not really about caring or not caring, its about how much energy/willpower you have to fight ideas that people are not willing to give up no matter how much you fight them. And in a lot of cases it makes people just ignore their own beliefs and play along, because it makes life easier.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As well as deep fake there is the deep hypocrisy of those developing the technology and/or using it for entertainment purposes whilst hiding behind the excuse of "wanting to start a debate".

All there are doing is normalising it.

I saw a demo of it a number of years ago, under the guise of "localisation". In the entertainment industry dubbing the voice of an actor into a local language is both an artform and very expensive to do well. In some countries it's also highly unionised.

The technology allowed any cheaper actor to voice (for instance) Tom Cruise but the CGI takes over to recreate the mouth movements so it perfectly fits the dialogue.

The audience reaction was yes very very clever, but what of this technology gets better and in the wrong hands ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its weird, the people in this video are complete idiots, yet the more I listen to them the more I agree.

:lolol:

And what, dear boy, do you learn from that? Time for a reappraisal of your deep-seated prejudices? ???

Technology won't be the end of the human race. Natural disaster (virus, meteor) or some stupid action of humans themselves will do the job.

Technology is just a tool, like a sharpened rock, a wheel, a gun, a computer or a bomb :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't want to hasten the end of humans but assuming it's not in an automic holoculst then your statement is undoubtably true

suicide.PNG

Anyone who considers that the best interests of the planet are served by the demise of humans, and actually advocate this (not saying either of you two do, and I hope you don't) should lead by example.

I'd rather support initiatives to make the world a better place, and work against the selfish shits who don't care what happens after they die, not to the planet or even their own families, and especially those who concoct fake news nonsense to de-weaponise their thundercuntery.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
:lolol:

And what, dear boy, do you learn from that? Time for a reappraisal of your deep-seated prejudices? ???

Technology won't be the end of the human race. Natural disaster (virus, meteor) or some stupid action of humans themselves will do the job.

Technology is just a tool, like a sharpened rock, a wheel, a gun, a computer or a bomb :shrug:

Nothing, it was a joke.

No, I agree technology wont be the end of humans. It will just be the end of homo sapiens. Humans evolving to tame nature before nature had the chance to tame humans is as far as we know unprecedented and our ability to change what no other animal changed - evolution always kept any species in balance before they could dominate the way we do - was caused by the same reasons that makes us able to tame our own nature. The many flaws of the nature of homo sapiens could be solved with technology. Today you can vaccinate against viruses, tomorrow you might be able to vaccinate against undesired parts of your DNA. Today you can use glasses if your eyes are bad - you can even get artificial functioning eyes - tomorrow you can augment your brain if it doesnt work the way you want it. At some point this patching is going to make homo sapiens genetically and functionally closer to homo neanderthalis than to homo elonmusk or whatever we might call our future selves.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing, it was a joke.

No, I agree technology wont be the end of humans. It will just be the end of homo sapiens. Humans evolving to tame nature before nature had the chance to tame humans is as far as we know unprecedented and our ability to change what no other animal changed - evolution always kept any species in balance before they could dominate the way we do - was caused by the same reasons that makes us able to tame our own nature. The many flaws of the nature of homo sapiens could be solved with technology. Today you can vaccinate against viruses, tomorrow you might be able to vaccinate against undesired parts of your DNA. Today you can use glasses if your eyes are bad - you can even get artificial functioning eyes - tomorrow you can augment your brain if it doesnt work the way you want it. At some point this patching is going to make homo sapiens genetically and functionally closer to homo neanderthalis than to homo elonmusk or whatever we might call our future selves.

You and your jokes :lolol:

No, I agree. Gene editing is already a thing. We could do all sorts, now, but medical ethics (and politicians*) may take a dim view.

Evolution is a brilliant bit of techno, I have to say. Africans with a mutation that created sickle cell anaemia made them safe from malaria, so the mutation persisted, despite other disdvantages.

Maybe being gullable and swift to follow leaders is one advantage, and the tendency to trust nobody and nothing another. When the environment changes, which strain of human will win? Events.....

*That said, how come Boris is still slender? Is it long Covid? Is it all that new-bird shagging? Or, using his access to all prohibited things - the spoils of political war - has he been editing his genes to eliminate his 'fat lad trait'? Hmm....???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
View attachment 131858

Anyone who considers that the best interests of the planet are served by the demise of humans, and actually advocate this (not saying either of you two do, and I hope you don't) should lead by example.

I'd rather support initiatives to make the world a better place, and work against the selfish shits who don't care what happens after they die, not to the planet or even their own families, and especially those who concoct fake news nonsense to de-weaponise their thundercuntery.

I would not wish for the end of the human race but looking at it completely objectively, Earth and its flora and fauna would be immeasurably better off if humans became extinct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here