Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] After 15 games, Albion's four Premier League seasons

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know some people don't see any merit in these comparisons - in which case: move on, move on, there's nothing for you to see here.

I find it an interesting comparison however.

Stating the obvious somewhat: all these bloody draws are costing us, aren't they?

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 12.07.11.png

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I know some people don't see any merit in these comparisons - in which case: move on, move on, there's nothing for you to see here.

Stating the obvious somewhat: all these bloody draws are costing us, aren't they?

View attachment 131841

More worrying is the goals against column.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It does raise questions about the importance of taking our chances. We could have turned 3 of our draws in to wins by conceded 3 less goals (which we did in year one and two). We'd then be 9th/10th.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Progress with Potter, Where is it ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help thinking, like Acker says, this is just an extension of the tracker thread.

It's gonna end up with a low 40's points haul and it'll all even itself out in the end.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

View attachment 131841

All you are doing is whipping up unwarranted anti Potter sentiment.

So in the interests of balance, here is the true like for like comparison.

This season 11 point
Last season 6 point

This season 17 goals for
Last season 9 goals for

This season 23 goals against
Last season 20 goals against

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't help thinking, like Acker says, this is just an extension of the tracker thread.

It's gonna end up with a low 40's points haul and it'll all even itself out in the end.

I'm making no judgement. I'm just aware that the first few times Bozza started threads tracking our progress over the four seasons, someone piped up with "yeah, but who have we played? Really, you need to include the tracker info" and that it takes a bit of time to put together, so just being helpful.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
All you are doing is whipping up unwarranted anti Potter sentiment.

So in the interests of balance, here is the true like for like comparison.

This season 11 point
Last season 6 point

This season 17 goals for
Last season 9 goals for

This season 23 goals against
Last season 20 goals against

Is this really that helpful when it omits key fixtures that will have been targeted for points?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm making no judgement. I'm just aware that the first few times Bozza started threads tracking our progress over the four seasons, someone piped up with "yeah, but who have we played? Really, you need to include the tracker info" and that it takes a bit of time to put together, so just being helpful.

And it's appreciated.

I did add it into at least one prior thread but, as you say, it takes a bit of digging to find the relevant threads and then the time-appropriate post within each thread.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I did add it into at least one prior thread but, as you say, it takes a bit of digging to find the relevant threads and then the time-appropriate post within each thread.

Lazy :nono:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking at those stats for 2018-2019, you can wonder how or why it all went wrong for Chris Hughton - at that point it looked as if we were settling into the PL quite nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here